Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rozat 10 Tablet contains Rosuvastatin as an active moiety. It is a lipid-lowering medicine, used to treat raised cholesterol level. This medicine acts by lowering the raised cholesterol level by inhibiting the action of an enzyme responsible for the same. Rozat 10 Tablet decreases the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases the good cholesterol level (HDL) in the body. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor, preferably at night before going to bed. It is recommended to follow a healthy routine by avoiding junk, fried, oily foods and by staying active.
Uses of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Rozat 10 Tablet is used to lower your cholesterol, triglyceride levels (such as fat in the blood), reduce the risk of heart disease such as heart attack and prevent stroke.
Contraindications of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Rosuvastatin, or any other ingredient of Rozat 10 Tablet
- If you have severe kidney or liver disease
- If you or your family has a history of muscle disorder
- If you are taking any other cholesterol-lowering medicine
- If you are on immunosuppressant medicine such as ciclosporin used to treat arthritis
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Side effects of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Stomach ache
- Muscle pain
- Diabetes mellitus
Precautions and Warnings of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Can I take Rozat 10 Tablet during pregnancy?
Rozat 10 Tablet should not be used in pregnancy, as this is a lipid-lowering medicine that can harm the foetus. If you are a woman of childbearing age, you should discuss with your physician the importance of birth control methods and potential hazards to the unborn baby. If you think you are pregnant or might become pregnant, discontinue the treatment and seek a safer alternative.
Can I take Rozat 10 Tablet while breastfeeding?
Tell your doctor if you are breastfeeding, as there is limited information available on the use of Rozat 10 Tablet during breastfeeding. Do not take this medicine unless prescribed after considering it to be essential and safe by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Rozat 10 Tablet?
There is limited information available on the ability to drive or use machines, however, if you observe or experience any side effect, it is advised not to drive or use machines. Contact your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Can I consume alcohol with Rozat 10 Tablet?
- Alcohol intake should be reduced while on this medicine as it can lead to liver damage.
- You should not consume alcohol if you have high cholesterol levels, as alcohol further breaks down in the body and forms bad cholesterol. Thus avoid consuming alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney disease
- You experienced any muscle problems after taking other lipid-lowering medicine
- You are taking medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury
- You have respiratory failure
- You have diabetes, thyroid problems
- You are addicted to alcohol
- You have any muscle disorder
- You experience any other symptoms after taking this medicine
Mode of Action of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Cholesterol is created by the enzyme HMG-CoA reductase. Rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowering bad cholesterol (LDL) levels. It increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels.
Directions for Use of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Take Rozat 10 Tablet in the dosage and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time preferably at bedtime.
Interactions of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Increased risk of myopathy, when used with other lipid-lowering agents
- Cyclosporin, warfarin, oral contraceptive pills, itraconazole, ketoconazole, erythromycin, clarithromycin, telithromycin and HIV protease inhibitors have important interactions reducing the levels of statinsread less
- Antacids like aluminium hydroxide
- Fusidic acid or within 7 days of stopping Fusidic acid
Interactions with food items
Limit intake of grapefruit juice to very small quantities
Storage and disposal of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
- Store Rozat 10 Tablet at or below 25°C
- Keep this medicine out of the reach of children
- Protect it from moisture and sunlight
- Do not keep medicine that is out of date or that you no longer need
Dosage of Rozat 10mg Strip Of 10 Tablets
If you think you have taken too much dose of Rozat 10 Tablet than prescribed, inform your doctor immediately or reach the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose. Do not take extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How soon will Rozat 10 Tablet work?
A: You may see results for lowering LDL cholesterol in 2–4 weeks after starting Rozat 10 Tablet. Results may vary in individuals. On follow-up visits, your doctor may choose to adjust your dosage to help you reach your cholesterol goal.
Q: Do I need to follow any dietary restrictions while taking this medicine?
A: Avoid drinking grapefruit juice while taking this medicine and reduce your alcohol intake. Consult your doctor for more details.
Q: What if my daily schedule interferes with taking the medicine?
- You should take medicine at the same time every day.
- Try connecting your medicine with something you do every day such as eating dinner or brushing your teeth at night.
- This may help you remember to take it.
- Keep a daily calendar or set an alarm clock to go off at the time you need to take your medicine.
- You can use a pillbox with the days of the week on it.
Q: What can I do for the optimum results of Rozat 10 Tablet?
A: A low-fat diet (healthy diet) along with regular exercise along with Rozat 10 Tablet, will optimise the results of this medication.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 26 Mar 2021 | 09:20 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on all medicines + Myntra voucher worth Rs.250
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved