Rosys 5mg Tablet
By SYSTOPIC LABORATORIES
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rosys Tablet is a cholesterol-lowering medicine. It contains rosuvastatin as its active ingredient. It is used for the treatment of high cholesterol or to correct abnormal cholesterol along with dietary and lifestyle modifications. It is also used to slow down the progression of atherosclerosis (narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up) and reduce the risk of heart attack, stroke, etc. This medicine works by interfering with the formation of cholesterol or fat in your body. The dose and duration of this medicine will be decided by your doctor after accessing your complete medical history. Individuals with high cholesterol often end up developing other health-related complications, to avoid that you must take this medicine on time and follow certain lifestyle and dietary modifications as suggested by your doctor....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Rosys 5mg Tablet
Uses of Rosys 5 MG
- It is used in the treatment of high cholesterol levels and to correct abnormal cholesterol.
- To slow down the progression of atherosclerosis, a condition of narrowing of blood vessels due to fat build-up.
- It is also known to reduce the risk of heart-related conditions such as stroke and heart attack.
Contraindications of Rosys 5 MG
- If you are allergic to rosuvastatin or any ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any liver-related conditions.
- If you are pregnant, may be pregnant or are breastfeeding
Side effects of Rosys 5 MG
- Feeling sick
- Stomach pain
- Muscle pain
- Feeling weak
Precautions and Warnings of Rosys 5 MG
Can I take the Rosys Tablet during pregnancy?
The safety of this medicine is not established in pregnancy. Do not take this medicine if you are pregnant or if you are planning pregnancy. Women of childbearing age should use effective contraceptive methods while using this medicine. If pregnancy is detected while on treatment with this medicine seek immediate medical advice.
Can I take the Rosys Tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited data available on the safety of this medicine in lactating women and it is not known if the component of this medicine passes in the breastmilk. Breastfeeding is not recommended while on treatment with this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rosys Tablet?
This medicine does not influence your ability to drive. However, as this medicine is known to cause dizziness caution is advised while driving if affected.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rosys Tablet?
Caution is advised if you consume alcohol in excess and/or have existing liver disease or a history of liver disease.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have a medical condition like diabetes, liver or kidney disease, thyroid problems, respiratory problems, muscle-related problems.
- You have a history of stroke with bleeding inside the brain.
- You have repeated muscle pains or a history of muscle-related problems.
- You have recently or in the last 7 days, taken medicine for bacterial infection like fusidic acid, as this may cause serious muscle injury.
- You consume alcohol frequently or in excess.
- You are elderly, above 70 years of age.
Mode of Action of Rosys 5 MG
How Does It Work?
This medicine works by interfering with the process of cholesterol synthesis. Cholesterol is made by an enzyme HMG-CoA reductase, rosuvastatin inhibits this enzyme, thus lowers cholesterol levels. It also increases good cholesterol also known as high-density lipoprotein (HDL) levels....
Directions for Use of Rosys 5 MG
Rosys Tablet is to be taken orally with or without food, or as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rosys 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can affect the way the Rosys works or Rosys itself can alter the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- In particular, if you are taking a blood thinner, medicines used to suppress immune function, any hormone replacement therapy, oral contraceptives, other medicines used to lower blood cholesterol and antiviral medicines used for the treatment of HIV and Hepatitis. ...
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
Storage and disposal of Rosys 5 MG
- Store it below 30°C in the original package to protect from sunlight and moisture
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Rosys 5 MG
In an event of an overdose, seek immediate medical advice or reach out to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking a dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Don't take a double dose of drugs to catch up for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What does Rosys Tablet contain?
A: Rosys Tablet contains rosuvastatin as an active ingredient. It is a cholesterol lowering medicine from class statins.
Q: What is Rosys Tablet used for?
A: It is used for lowering elevated cholesterol levels and for correcting abnormal blood cholesterol levels. It is also used to reduce the risk of heart-related complications associated with increased cholesterol such as stroke and heart attack.