By RELIANCE FORMULATION PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Rflox Tablet is an antibiotic and contains norfloxacin as an active component. It works against bacteria. Have plenty of water when taking this medicine. This medicine should be taken in doses and dur
ation as prescribed by the doctor. You should always complete the entire course of the antibiotic treatment otherwise, it may lead to treatment failure. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor about your detailed medical history especially, if you have a history of myasthenia gravis or tendon injury or fits. It is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age as their safety and efficacy have not been established....
Uses of Rflox Tab
- To treat urinary tract infections.
- To treat gonococcal infections.
- To treat bacterial infections.
Contraindications of Rflox Tab
- If you are allergic to this medicine or any other ingredients of this medicine or similar medicines such as ofloxacin, ciprofloxacin.
- If you had or have ruptured tendons or inflammation in tendons. Tendons are tissue that attaches your muscles to your bones.
Side effects of Rflox Tab
- Stomach cramps
Precautions and Warnings of Rflox Tab
Can I take the Rflox Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the use of the Rflox Tablet during human pregnancy. You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a child before starting this medicine.
Can I take the Rflox Tablet while breastfeeding?
- It passes into the breastmilk in very small amounts which probably will have minimal effect on the breastfed baby. If you are prescribed medicine while you are breastfeeding watch out for the symptomsof diarrhoea and fungal infection in the breastfed baby....Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed the Rflox Tablet?
This medicine does not affect your ability to drive or to use machinery. However, if you experience side effects like dizziness, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Rflox Tablet?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol along with this medicine. So it is important to consult your physician if you drink too often. However, it is advised to avoid drinking when you are taking any antibiotic medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any history of tendon injury or disorders.
- You have any pre-existing medical condition like liver or kidney problem, muscle weakness, myasthenia gravis, heart disease, fits, etc.
- You experience pain, bruising and weakness of arms, shoulders or any joint, then discontinue the medicine immediately, rest that joint and seek immediate medical help.
- You experience tingling, burning, numbness.
- You experience rash, facial swelling, itching after taking the medicine.
- You experience restlessness, confusion and hallucinations after receiving treatment with the Rflox Tablet, seek medical help.
- You should avoid excessive exposure to sunlight as it can give reactions like burning and blisters.
- You are having episodes of watery and bloody diarrhoea, black tarry stools with fever and stomach ache.
- You experience loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fever, yellowing of the skin and eyes.
- It is advised to consume a plenty amount of water.
Mode of Action of Rflox Tab
How Does It Work?
Norfloxacin is an antibiotic that inhibits the production of the genetic material of bacteria. Thus, various substances essential for the reproduction or survival of bacteria cannot be produced by it.
This affects their multiplication and they are ultimately killed....
Directions for Use of Rflox Tab
- Take this medicine as a whole with a sufficient amount of water at least one hour before or two hours after meals.
- Consume an ample amount of water when you are taking this medicine.
- Take it as instructed by your doctor.
Interactions of Rflox Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of the Rflox Tablet if taken at the same time.
- Always inform your doctor about all the medicine you are taking, that includes all prescribed or non-prescribed herbal medicines, dietary supplements as well as other treatment if you are taking for any disorder....Read more
- In particular, if you are taking medicines for heart-related disorders like digoxin, brain disorders such as clozapine, blood thinners like warfarin, antidiabetic medicines, respiratory problems liketheophylline, muscle relaxant like tizanidine, etc....Read more
- Nitrofurantoin a medicine used to treat UTIs may alter the effects of norfloxacin if used along.
- Multivitamins (containing iron & zinc), antacids, sucralfate and didanosine should not be consumed together with this medicine. These medicines should be taken either 2 hours before or 2 hours after taking this tablet....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with corticosteroids taken by mouth or by injection may increase the chance of tendon injury.
- Concomitant use of this medicine along with NSAIDs (Aspirin, Ibuprofen, etc.) may increase the risk of having fits or seizures. Hence, it should be used with caution.
Storage and disposal of Rflox Tab
- Store it below 25°C in a clean and dry place, protected from moisture, sunlight and heat.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- You should not use this medicine after the expiry date.
Dosage of Rflox Tab
If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of antibiotics as it may lead to treatment failure. If you missed having any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, the
n skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking the Rflox Tablet if I am feeling better after one dose?
A: No, this medicine is an antibiotic and antibiotics need to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics and infection may come back.
Q: I have a fever and cold, can I take this medicine?
A: No, this medicine is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: Can Rflox Tablet be used for stomach infection?
A: Rflox Tablet are used for treating urinary tract infections. It is not recommended to be used for any other infection unless prescribed a doctor.
Q: Can a diabetic patient take the Rflox Tablet?
A: If you are on a medicine called glyburide, there are chances of a decrease in blood glucose levels with the Rflox Tablet. Hence, you should always consult your doctor before using this medicine in diabetic patients.
Last Updated on: 21 Jun 2021 | 03:26 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved