Revlamer 800mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Revlamer tablet contains sevelamer, as an active ingredient. It is used to regulate the increased levels of phosphates in the blood in individuals with severe kidney disease. It is also used in patients who undergo dialysis. It belongs to a class of medicines known as phosphate binders. It binds to the phosphates and reduces the levels of phosphate in the blood....
|You Save||₹33.30 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Classification||DRUG FOR CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE|
Check more medicines with composition as Sevelamer(800.0 Mg)
9 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Revlamer 800mg Tablet
Uses of Revlamer 800 MG
Treatment of chronic kidney disease or kidney failure on dialysis.
Contraindications of Revlamer 800 MG
- If you are allergic to sevelamer.
- If you have low levels of Phosphorous.
- If you have difficulty in passing stools.
Side effects of Revlamer 800 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Revlamer 800 MG
Can I take Revlamer tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the use of this medicine in pregnancy. Hence it is recommended not to use the same unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Revlamer tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information on whether it passes into breast milk and affect the newborn baby. So it is advised to consult a doctor before breastfeeding during the treatment.
Can I drive if I have consumed Revlamer tablet?
Yes, you can drive as this medicine has no influence on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Revlamer tablet?
No information is available on interactions of this medicine when taken with alcohol, consult your doctor or pharmacist for further information.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience difficulty in swallowing foods or liquids.
- You feel a problem with bowel movement (digestion problem).
- You have gone through a major stomach or bowel surgery.
- You experience severe stomach ache or intestine disorders, or blood in your stools (gastrointestinal bleeding).
- You are suffering from a condition when the parathyroid gland becomes overactive and leads to a rise in calcium level (hyperparathyroidism) and when the thyroid gland doesn't produce enough thyroid hormone (hypothyroidism)....
- You may develop an infection of your abdominal fluid and symptoms may include upset stomach, stomach pain, abdominal tenderness or constipation, fever, chills, nausea or vomiting, talk to your doctor immediately....
- You may also develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood, doctor may suggest you start additional supplements.
Mode of Action of Revlamer 800 MG
How Does It Work?
Sevelamer carbonate binds with phosphates in the intestine and inhibits its absorption thus decreasing blood phosphorus levels. This in turn helps in preventing low calcium levels.
Directions for Use of Revlamer 800 MG
- It should be swallowed as a whole without chewing or crushing.
- Take this medicine as instructed by your doctor.
- Do not change your dose unless your doctor tells you to.
- Never stop the medicine on your own.
Interactions of Revlamer 800 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Revlamer tablet can reduce the effect of medicines acting on the immune system like ciclosporin, mycophenolate mofetil and tacrolimus when used together.
- Close monitoring of the hormone levels is recommended if this medicine is given along with levothyroxine to treat low thyroid hormone levels.
- Medicines used for heart rhythm problems or epilepsy like amiodarone, quinidine, phenytoin should be given after a gap of at least 1 hour before and 3 hours after the administration of Revlamer tablet....
- Medicine used to treat acidity like omeprazole, pantoprazole or lansoprazole may interfere with the efficacy of Revlamer tablet on concomitant use.
- Revlamer tablet can reduce the effect of the antibiotic Ciprofloxacin when used together.
Storage and disposal of Revlamer 800 MG
- It does not require any special storage condition.
- Try to keep out of the reach of children.
Dosage of Revlamer 800 MG
Symptoms of overdose may include nausea, vomiting, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, stomach pain. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I discuss with my health care provider before taking Revlamer tablet?
A: You should tell your doctor if you are allergic to it or any other medicine Inform your physician if you have an intestinal block, swallowing difficulty, constipation, and indigestion. Inform your physician if you plan to undergo or have undergone abdominal surgery. Inform your doctor if you are taking any supplements or herbs.
Q: Any precautions do I need to take during the treatment?
A: During the treatment, you may develop low levels of vitamins A, D, E, K and folic acid in your blood and therefore your doctor may monitor these levels and prescribe supplemental vitamins as necessary.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.