Rapilin 1mg Tablet
Rapilin 1 MG Description
Rapilin Tablet is an anti-diabetic medication. It is used to lower blood sugar levels in adults with type 2 diabetes along with diet and exercise. Type 2 diabetes mellitus is a condition where your p
ancreas does not make enough insulin to control your blood sugar levels and your body is unable to efficiently use its own insulin. This causes high blood sugar levels in your body, which can cause certain medical problems like heart diseases. Rapilin Tablet contains repaglinide as the active substance. It works by reducing blood sugar levels and controlling type 2 diabetes. Rapilin Tablet should only be used in adults older than 18 years of age. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own. Before starting Rapilin Tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant/breastfeeding and about your complete medical history.
|Uses||Type 2 diabetes mellitus|
|Side effects||Low blood sugar levels, diarrhoea, stomach pain|
- Eurepa 1mg Tablet 15'sBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 293.00₹ 249.05₹ 16.6/Tablet
Uses of Rapilin 1 MG
Contraindications of Rapilin 1 MG
- If you are allergic to repaglinide or any other ingredient of Rapilin Tablet.
- If you are taking a medicine called gemfibrozil for the treatment of abnormal/high levels of cholesterol. If you are not sure what this medicine is, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you have type 1 diabetes mellitus, a condition where your pancreas produces little or no insulin.
- If you have a serious complication of diabetes called diabetic ketoacidosis with/without very low blood sugar levels.
- If you have liver problems.
Side effects of Rapilin 1 MG
- Low blood sugar levels
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Rapilin 1 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are exposed to stress such as fever, trauma, infection or surgery.
- You are taking another medicine for treating diabetes called metformin.
- You have heart disease or had a recent heart attack.
- You are taking any other medicines for treating other health conditions.
Mode of Action of Rapilin 1 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Rapilin 1 MG
- Take Rapilin Tablet as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor, preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Rapilin 1 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Rapilin Tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- The use of Rapilin Tablet with medicines for treating bacterial infections (clarithromycin), fungal infections (ketoconazole), iron overload (deferasirox), blood clots (clopidogrel), other medicines for treating diabetes (sitagliptin), Parkinson's disease (selegiline), high blood pressure (ramipril, propranolol), pain/fever (ibuprofen, aspirin), acromegaly (octreotide), hormone problems (testosterone) and medicines used to prevent organ rejection after a transplant (cyclosporine) may increase the effect of this medicine in the body. ...
- The use of Rapilin Tablet with medicines for treating tuberculosis (rifampicin), birth control (Ethinyl estradiol), fits/seizures (phenobarbitone, carbamazepine), swelling (chlorthalidone), rheumatoid arthritis (prednisone), thyroid disorders (levothyroxine), endometriosis (danazol), low blood pressure (methoxamine) may reduce the effect of this medicine in the body....
Storage and disposal of Rapilin 1 MG
- Store Rapilin Tablet in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Rapilin 1 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)