Qutan 100mg Tablet
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Qutan tablets are an antipsychotic type of drug. The medicine helps treat bipolar depression, mania, and schizophrenia. Treatment of manic periods of exhilaration or euphoria, depression, bipolar disorder are uses of Qutan tablets. Hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't real) and delusions are common symptoms of schizophrenia. Dizziness, drowsiness, headaches, dry mouth, abnormal muscle movements, tremors, weight gain, decreased haemoglobin levels, and changes in cholesterol levels are all common side effects of Qutan tablets. Swelling of breasts, production of breast milk and irregular menstruation are side effects seen in women. Do not stop taking Qutan tablets without consulting your doctor since withdrawal symptoms may occur. If you have difficulties with your liver, kidneys, or heart, tell your doctor before taking Qutan tablets. Also, let your doctor know if you're having trouble sleeping. If you have suicidal thoughts or your depression increases after taking Qutan tablets 10's, contact your doctor right once. Thus, make sure that you never start or stop taking Qutan tablets without consulting your doctor first....
|You Save||₹18.09 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Bipolar depression, mania, and schizophrenia|
|Side effects||Dizziness, drowsiness, headache, dry mouth, abnormal muscle movements, tremors, muscle stiffness, and altered cholesterol levels|
Check more medicines with composition as Quetiapine(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Qutan 100 MG
- In the treatment of Bipolar Depression
- To relieve symptoms such as sadness, loss of interest, and irritability.
- In the treatment of maniac disorder
- To alleviate symptoms such as nervousness, panic, and fear.
- In the treatment of Schizophrenia
Contraindications of Qutan 100 MG
- If you have a known allergy to Qutan tablets or other inactive components in the formulation.
- If you are suffering from Glaucoma.
- If you’ve a history of urinary retention.
- If you’ve high blood pressure or kidney issues.
- If you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOs) in the last 15 days.
Side effects of Qutan 100 MG
- Blurred Vision
- Increased Heart Rate
- Weight Gain
- Dry Mouth
- Difficulty Or Painful Urination
Precautions and Warnings of Qutan 100 MG
Can I take Qutan tablets during pregnancy?
Do not take Qutan tablets if you are pregnant. It is a category C pregnancy medication. Taking Qutan tablets while pregnant may be dangerous, so consult your doctor before consuming the medication.
Can I take Qutan tablets while breastfeeding?
Using Qutan tablets while breastfeeding is generally not a good idea as it may pass into breastmilk and harm the newborn. As a result, make sure to monitor the baby regularly for excessive sleepiness and weight gain.
Can I drive if I have taken Qutan tablets?
Because Qutan tablets is known to cause drowsiness, avoid driving or anything that needs attention. Some individuals may have blurred vision, sleepiness, or dizziness due to taking this medication. If you’ve any of these symptoms, avoid doing anything that demands a high level of mental alertness, like driving a car or operating machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with the Qutan tablets?
It is risky to drink alcohol while taking this prescription because the combination raises the chance of adverse effects like dizziness, blurred vision, and muscle stiffness. If you consume alcohol while taking this medication, you should avoid doing anything that needs a high level of mental awareness, like driving a car or operating machinery.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your mood changes or you witness changes in behaviour. Because of the elevated risk of suicidal tendencies, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You’ve a history of liver disease or active liver disease due to an increased risk of adverse effects.
- Your age is 18 or below. The safety and efficacy of this medication haven’t been proved in children.
- You may experience moderate to severe drowsiness and impairment of physical ability as possible side effects of this medication.
Mode of Action of Qutan 100 MG
How Does It Work?
The ingredient 'quetiapine' in Qutan tablets works by inhibiting dopamine receptors in the brain. The emergence of symptoms will be reduced by blocking the synthesis of the dopamine hormone. Other neurotransmitters in the brain, such as serotonin, are influenced by Qutan tablets 10's, and its good benefits may be linked to this. Qutan tablets 10 improves thinking, mood, and behaviour by rebalancing dopamine and serotonin....
Directions for Use of Qutan 100 MG
- Follow the doctor's instructions for using this medication. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
- Do not discontinue using this medication without consulting your physician first.
- Qutan tablets are available in oral and injectable dosage forms. The doctor determines the medicine's dosage and duration.
- Make sure to not abruptly stop taking the medication, even if your symptoms improve. Injections are delivered by a healthcare professional and should not be self-administered.
Interactions of Qutan 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Antihypertensive effects may be enhanced with Qutan tablets.
- Qutan tablets, when taken with phenytoin or thioridazine, quicken the removal of Quetiapine from the body, i.e. the active ingredient of Qutan tablets.
- Carbamazepine, Barbiturates, Rifampicin medicine reduce the absorption of Qutan tablets by the liver therefore, they should not be used together.
- Lorazepam inhibits the liver's process of eliminating Qutan tablets.
Interactions with food items
- Grapefruit is known to interact with Qutan tablets as it can affect the absorption of medicine in the body.
Storage and disposal of Qutan 100 MG
Keep this medicine packed in the packet or container it came in. This medication should be kept in a cool and dry place, at a temperature below 30°C. It must be stored according to the package or label's directions. Any unused medicine must be disposed of with caution. Make sure that this medication is not accessible to kids or dogs....
Dosage of Qutan 100 MG
A Qutan tablets overdose might be moderate or severe. Overdose symptoms include drowsiness, impaired vision, and mouth dryness. A severe overdose can result in coma, difficulty breathing, seizures, low blood pressure, an abnormally fast heartbeat, or palpitations. If you consume too many Qutan tablets, call your doctor right away or go to the nearest emergency room....
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take Qutan tablets, take it as soon as you remember. However, if your next dose is approaching, omit the missing dosage and return to your routine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is it possible to quit taking Qutan tablets suddenly?
A: No, you should always see your doctor before discontinuing the use of the Qutan tablets. If the medicine is stopped, withdrawal symptoms may ensue. As a result, your doctor may reduce your dose gradually before discontinuing the medication. This helps prevent the return of depression symptoms and minimises the likelihood of withdrawal symptoms.
Q: How long can I take the Qutan tablets?
A: Long-term usage of Qutan tablets 10's may result in adverse effects such as tardive dyskinesia (uncontrolled arm and leg movements), high blood sugar, eyesight impairment, and weight gain. However, consult your doctor if you are prescribed Qutan tablets 10's for a long period.
Q: Can Qutan tablets make you suicidal?
A: Yes, suicidal thoughts are possible if you take Qutan 10 Capsule. This is more likely in people with a history of suicidal thoughts, younger than 25 years old, have a history of psychiatric problems, and have previously been treated with an antidepressant. You should seek medical attention as soon as possible if you have suicidal thoughts.
- 1. [Internet]. 2022 [cited 26 January 2022]. Available from:
- 2. Drugs H. Quetiapine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 26 January 2022]. Available from:
- 3. These highlights do not include all the information needed to use QUETIAPINE TABLETS safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for QUETIAPINE TABLETS. QUETIAPINE tablets, for oral use Initial U.S. Approval: 1997 [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 26 January 2022]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.