Provanol Forte 0.5mg
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Provanol forte 0.5mg medicine is used to treat anxiety. It consists of a combination of two medications, namely clonazepam and propranolol. This medicine helps in calming down anxious people. It sends out chemical messengers that help to relax the mind. Provanol forte 0.5mg has different interactions with different foods. This medicine should not be consumed with alcohol. This medicine should always be taken at the same time every day. Some of the common side effects include vomiting, nausea, impaired memories, and low sexual desires. If the side effects cause more problems or persist for a longer time, they should consult their doctor. In most cases, the side effects are very temporary and mild. These often persist at the start of a treatment course and then subside within time. One should neither take the overdose nor skip any dose during the ongoing treatment. It is a prescription medicine and should never be taken without consultation with the doctor....
|You Save||₹13.05 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clonazepam(0.5 Mg),Propranolol(20.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Vomiting, confusion, tiredness, fatigue|
Check more medicines with composition as Clonazepam(0.5 Mg) + Propranolol(20.0 Mg)
Uses of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
- Most common:
- Less common:
- Difficulty in concentration
- Sleep problems
Contraindications of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
If you have: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)- difficulty in breathing and having cough Dementia - a condition where the brain is unable to think or remember things in general Liver Disease Porphyria- affects the nervous system and primarily skin Asthma Hypotension (reduced blood pressure) Thyroid disease Psoriasis (a disease of the skin)...
Side effects of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
- Incoordination in body movements
- Mental confusion
- Memories impairment- forgetfulness
Precautions and Warnings of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
Can I take Provanol forte 0.5mg during pregnancy?
No, it is not safe to take Provanol forte 0.5mg during pregnancy. It is advised to discuss the benefits and side effects with the doctor if it is required to be taken during pregnancy.
Can I take Provanol forte 0.5mg while breastfeeding?
No, it is not safe to take provanol forte 0.5mg medicine while breastfeeding a child. One should always consult their doctor and understand the benefits and consequences of taking this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have taken Provanol forte 0.5mg?
No, it is not safe to take provanol forte 0.5mg medicine and then drive a car. Since this medicine induces confusion, dizziness, and uneasiness, controlling motor vehicles is questionable for health and safety purposes.
Can I consume alcohol with the medicine Provanol forte 0.5mg?
No, it is not safe to take provanol forte 0.5mg medicine while consuming alcohol. Since alcohol and this medicine both induce sleepiness and confusion, it is unsafe to mix them both.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You start having negative or suicidal thoughts.
- You start feeling dizzy or sleepy, more often than earlier
- You are a chronic alcohol user
- You are a smoker and has started taking this medicine, try to quit smoking
- Your caffeine intake is high. Keep it in control while taking provanol forte 0.5mg medicine.
Mode of Action of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
How Does It Work?
Provanol forte 0.5mg consists of a combination of two medications, namely clonazepam and propranolol. This medicine helps to calm down the anxious human brain. It sends out chemical messengers that help to relax the mind. The action of clonazepam is mediated through GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid), which is a neurotransmitter. It acts on inhibitory mechanisms in the brain, thus producing a calmer effect, which helps to lower anxiety. Propranolol, on the other hand, acts by decreasing the peripheral symptoms of anxiety which are shortness of breath, cold hands and feet, muscle cramps, blood sugar changes, etc. It challenges catecholamines ( natural chemicals in the body). These bind at sympathetic receptor sites. These sites are present in the brain. Here, these chemicals attach themselves, decreasing heart rate- both exercising and resting, reducing cardiac output. This results in a feeling of calmness in both heart and mind, relaxing the body....
Directions for Use of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
- Swallow it as a whole orally with water, do not chew or crush it.
- Do not take it without consulting a doctor.
- Do not stop it abruptly, even if you start to feel better after some time
- It can be taken with or without food, depending upon the instructions from the doctor
- Take it at the same time every day
Interactions of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
Interactions with other medicines
- Acetaminophen or paracetamol- medicine for fever
- Alpha-blockers- blood control medications
- Carbamazepine- medicine for epilepsy
- Alpha-glucosidase inhibitors- to control diabetes
- Ibuprofen- for fever, pains or swelling with infections
- Levocetirizine- medication for allergic reactions
- If the patient is already taking any form of medicine- herbal, homoeopathy or any other alternative form of medicine, they should always inform their doctor before starting the medicine.
Interactions with food items
- With caffeine- if your daily intake of caffeine is more than the usual amount, kindly keep a watch on it because this medicine and caffeine can interact and cause adverse or unwanted effects.
Storage and disposal of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
Keep provanol forte 0.5mg away from children, pets, direct sunlight, and moisture. The disposal of the medicine should be done correctly so that no other person can consume it. If there are exchange facilities available with the pharmacists, contact them....
Dosage of Provanol Forte 0.5mg
- Overdose can cause serious health problems. One should always be careful of the dosing schedule. Symptoms of overdose include tremors, vomiting, convulsions, or in extreme conditions- coma. They should contact their doctor or nearest hospital as soon as possible....
Missed a Dose
If someone has missed their prescription dose by mistake, they should take it as soon as possible. However, if it's near time for the next prescribed dose, they should skip the missed dose completely to avoid an overdose of Provanol forte 0.5mg. One must always consume the medicine at the same time of the day, every day....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is provanol forte 0.5mg, a habit forming medicine?
A: Yes, Provanol forte 0.5mg is a habit forming medicine. However, if it is taken in the proper amount, as prescribed by the treating doctor, it is safe and equally important to treat the underlying disorder.
Q: Can I take provanol forte 0.5mg with coffee?
- Yes, you can take Provanol forte 0.5mg and consume coffee. However, coffee consumption should be controlled. One should not have more than 1-2 cups of coffee when taking Provanol forte 0.5mg medicine.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.