Prolol 10mg Tablet
By CRESCENT FORMULATIONS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Prolol 10mg tablet contains Propranolol, a molecule used to lower the blood pressure. A persistent rise blood pressure can cause a strain on your blood vessels and organs such as heart, brain, kidneys, and eyes. Reducing the blood pressure even in small amounts can help you lower the risk of other health conditions. Prolol tablets is given in patients with high blood pressure, angina, heart attack, atrial fibrillation, or other conditions on doctor's prescription....
|You Save||₹2.34 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||High Blood pressure, angina (Chest pain), heart attack|
|Side effects||Fatigue, nausea, vomiting, cold extremities, sleep disturbances|
Check more medicines with composition as Propranolol(10.0 Mg)
Uses of Prolol 10 MG
- High Blood pressure
- Angina (Chest pain)
- Heart attack
- Atrial fibrillation (Abnormal heart beat)
- Migraine prevention
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (Abnormal thickness of heart muscle)
- Pheochromocytoma (Tumour of adrenal gland)
Contraindications of Prolol 10 MG
- Allergy to Propranolol
- History of asthma
- Low heart rate
- Cardiogenic shock (Heart unable to pump enough blood)
- Low blood pressure
- Heart block
- Sick sinus syndrome
Side effects of Prolol 10 MG
- Cold extremities
- Sleep disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Prolol 10 MG
Can I take Prolol 10mg during pregnancy?
Prolol 10mg should be avoided during pregnancy unless recommended by the physician.
Can I take Prolol 10mg while breastfeeding?
Prolol 10mg should be avoided during breastfeeding unless recommended by the physician.
Can I drive if I have consumed Prolol 10mg?
Ability of Prolol 10mg on driving is not known. Occasional dizziness and fatigue may occur.
Can I consume alcohol with Prolol 10mg?
Interaction of Prolol 10mg and alcohol is unknown. Do consult your doctor before consuming alcohol with Prolol tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have allergy to Propranolol
- You have a heart disease
- You have diabetes
- You have asthma
- You are undergoing surgery
- You have a thyroid disorder
- You have liver cirrhosis
- You are lactose intolerant
Mode of Action of Prolol 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Propranolol blocks the action of adrenaline in the nerve cells to decrease the heart rate, which helps to lower blood pressure.
Directions for Use of Prolol 10 MG
- Prolol 10mg is to be taken orally as directed by the physician
Interactions of Prolol 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Rizatriptan and propranolol can cause an increased exposure of rizatriptan
- Disopyramide can cause a negative effect on the heart
- Beta-blockers and calcium channel blockers like verapamil, diltiazem can exaggerate their action
- Nifedipine and Propranolol will increase the risk of low blood pressure and heart failure
- Propranolol during infusion of lidocaine increases its action
- Beta blockers can exacerbate the action of clonidine
- Anaesthetic agents with propranolol can lead to low blood pressure
Other general Interactions
- Propranolol alters the heart rate in patients with diabetes
- Caution should be maintained while giving Propranolol in patients with heart block
- Propranolol can mask the symptoms of Thyrotoxicosis
- Propranolol should be avoided in untreated pheochromocytoma
- Propranolol should be used in caution in patients with liver cirrhosis
- Patients with lactose intolerance should avoid this medicine
Storage and disposal of Prolol 10 MG
- Keep Prolol tablet away from pets and children
- Store Prolol 10mg at 20° to 25°C
- Protect from light and moisture
- Do not use the tablets after the expiry date or if the taste, smell, or appearance changes
- Do not throw the tablets is household waste or wastewater
Dosage of Prolol 10 MG
Overdose can result in extreme drop in blood pressure. Visit your doctor or the nearest hospital immediately, in case of an overdose.
Missed a Dose
In case of a missed dose, take next dose at scheduled time. Do not take two doses
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Prolol 10mg affect fertility?
A: No, Prolol 10 mg tablet does not affect fertility.
Q: Can I use Prolol 10mg along with herbal medicines?
A: It is best to discuss with your physician about any possible interactions of Prolol 10mg and herbal medicines before using both together.
Q: Is Prolol 10mg habit forming?
A: No habit forming tendencies have been reported with Propranolol
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.