Pregator Capsule Description
Pregator capsule is used to manage or treat painful diabetic neuropathy in diabetic patients. It contains folic acid, methylcobalamin, pyridoxine, pregabalin, and alpha-lipoic acid as the active ingr
edients. Diabetic neuropathy is a condition caused due to the complication of uncontrolled diabetes (high blood sugar levels) resulting in nerve damage. The symptoms are sharp pains, tingling or painful sensations like needles and pins, numbness in legs, etc. This medicine acts by improving nerve functioning and preventing nerve damage. Pregator capsule must be taken in a dose and duration recommended by the doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor. You can take this medicine with or without food. Inform your doctor about all the medical conditions and the medication for the same.
|You Save||₹31.05 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Pregabalin(75.0 Mg) + Alpha Lipoic Acid(200.0 Mg) + Vitamin B9 / Folic Acid / Folate(1.5 Mg) + Vitamin B12 / Mecobalamin / Cynocobalamin / Methylcobalamin(1.5 Mg) + Vitamin B6 / Pyridoxine(3.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Dizziness, headache, sleepiness, increased appetite|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR PERIPHERAL NEUROPATHY|
Uses of Pregator Capsule
Contraindications of Pregator Capsule
Side effects of Pregator Capsule
- Blurred vision
- Increase appetite
- Stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Pregator Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You are allergic to this capsule.
- You have diabetes, heart failure, kidney disease, spinal cord injury.
- You experience dizziness, sleepiness, loss of consiousness, confusion,etc.
- You experience vision related problem such as loss of vision, blurr vision, etc.
- You experience any withdrawal effects such as fits, depression, sleeplessness, headache, nausea, anxiety, diarrhoea, etc.
- You have or experience any pyscological behaviour, dependence, constipation, etc.
- You have Leber's disease (an eye condition that leads to blindness).
- Pregator capsule should not be used in children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregator Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Pregabalin works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
- Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) helps in the formation of nerve cells and regeneration of damaged nerves.
- Vitamin B9, also known as folic acid, is one of the important vitamins which play a significant role in DNA and synthesis of amino acids. It is crucial for cell division and the development of blood cells....
- Vitamin B6 or pyridoxine is a crucial component for various reactions and acts as a coenzyme in the body. Adequate supply is a must for proper nerve function and bone formation & regeneration.
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid is an antioxidant, acts by delaying or reversing and protecting nerve cell damage.
Directions for Use of Pregator Capsule
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Pregator Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pregator capsule works or Pregator itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are on medicine used to treat brain related disease or any movement related disease such as levodopa, lorazepam, etc.
Storage and disposal of Pregator Capsule
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep it out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregator Capsule
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop taking Pregator capsule if I start feeling better?
Q: What is diabetic neuropathy? How it can be controlled?
Q: Can Pregator be taken every day?
- PREGEB FORTE 75 Capsule [Internet]. Torrentian.com. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B12 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Folate [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]
- Office of Dietary Supplements - Vitamin B6 [Internet]. Ods.od.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]
- Alpha-Lipoic Acid and Diabetic Neuropathy - NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2022 [cited 24 February 2022]