Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pregaba Capsule is used to treat nerve-related pain (neuropathic pain) associated with spinal cord injury, trauma or other degenerative disorders. It contains pregabalin as its main ingredient. This m
edicine protects the nerve fibres and helps in the rejuvenation of the damaged nerve cells. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Before using the Pregaba Capsule, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history....
Uses of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- For the treatment of peripheral neuropathic pain, a condition of an abnormal painful sensation in different body parts due to damage in a part of the brain responsible for sensing the external stimuli....Read more
- For the management of chronic condition characterised by pain and stiffness in the muscle, joints and tendons known as fibromyalgia syndrome.
- As adjunctive therapy for adult patients with partial-onset seizures (characterised by abnormal electrical activity in only one part of the brain).
Contraindications of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
If you are allergic to pregabalin or any other ingredients of the Pregaba Capsule.
Side effects of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Precautions and Warnings of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Can I take the Pregaba Capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited safety information available about the use of this medicine during pregnancy. Use effective contraception if you are a woman of childbearing age and taking this medicine.
Can I take the Pregaba Capsule while breastfeeding?
Pregabalin passes into the breastmilk, but its effect on the breastfed baby is unknown. Thus, your doctor will decide whether to discontinue the breastfeeding or to discontinue the treatment with the Pregaba Capsule depending upon the benefits of the medicine for a nursing mother.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Pregaba Capsule?
Pregaba Capsule has minor or moderate influence on your ability to drive. It may blur your vision and make you dizzy and sleepy, thus you should be cautious or avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with the Pregaba Capsule?
There is no interaction known between alcohol and this medicine. However, consuming alcohol for long period can lead to damage to your nerves. Consult your doctor if drink too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You develop an allergic reaction like bumps, itching, swelling around your face and other body parts or difficulty in breathing after taking the Pregaba Capsule, immediately seek medical help.
- You have a heart problem or you are diabetic or have kidney function problems.
- You are above 60 years of age or have any respiratory disorders.
- Pregaba Capsule can cause dizziness and this can lead to accidental injury (fall) in elderly patients. Be cautious if you are an elderly patient or giving this medicine to an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing vision problems or dizziness and sleepiness, stomach discomfort, constipation, etc.
- You experience suicidal thoughts, talk to your doctor immediately.
- You have a history of fits.
- Do not stop this medicine abruptly, your doctor shall gradually decrease the dose.
- Pregaba Capsule is not recommended in patients below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
How Does It Work?
Pregabalin in the Pregaba Capsule works by reducing the release of a chemical (neurotransmitter) in the brain responsible for the sensation of pain.
Directions for Use of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Pregaba Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best
if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Sometimes the Pregaba Capsule may affect the way other medicines work and other medicines may affect how the Pregaba Capsule works if taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for brain-related disorders or calmness of the brain, as it can cause sleepiness or dizziness.
- Medicines like oxycodone used for serious painful conditions if taken along can lead to a loss of memory and the ability to perform normal physical movements.
Storage and disposal of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
- Store the Pregaba Capsule below 30°C protected from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pregaba 50mg Strip Of 10 Capsules
Symptoms of an overdose are similar to common side effects like sleepiness, restlessness, irritation, etc. If you think you have taken too much of the Pregaba Capsule contact your doctor immediately o
r visit the nearest hospital. In rare cases of an overdose of this medicine, it can lead to coma....
Missed a Dose
Do not take a double dose of the Pregaba Capsule, if you have missed a dose, take the next dose as soon as you remember. If it is already time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and follow your
normal dosing schedule....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Pregaba Capsule a normal painkiller?
A: No, Pregaba Capsule belongs to class of anti-seizure medicine and a structural derivative of a chemical messenger GABA. It is used to treat pain associated with nerve damage. This kind of pain is not relieved by normal painkillers.
Q: Can I stop taking the Pregaba Capsule on my own?
A: No, you should not stop taking the Pregaba Capsule on your own even if you feel better. Your doctor will decide when to stop this or reduce the dose. Also, your doctor will gradually decrease the dose before stopping it.
Q: What is neuropathic pain and how is it different from muscle pain?
- Neuropathic pain occurs due to damage or injury of the nerves responsible for transferring information to the brain and spinal cord from the skin, muscles and other body parts. Typically the pain feels like burning, stabbing and shooting. The patient may describe it as 'pins and needles'. It is usually associated with nerve damage due to surgery or trauma, viral infections, cancer, vascular malformations and diabetes. It may also be a side effect of certain medications. Muscle pain occurs due to the tearing and stretching of muscles or tendons. It is characterised by symptoms like muscle pain, joint pain, restricted motions, etc....Read more
- Lyrica 100 mg hard capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- LYRICA (pregabalin) Capsules, USP [Internet]. Accessdata.fda.gov. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- CDSCO - Pregabalin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 24 May 2021]
- Chopra K, Tiwari V. Alcoholic neuropathy: possible mechanisms and future treatment possibilities. 2021.
- NOVA Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 28 May 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 04 Jun 2021 | 09:11 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
KBC Ghar Baithe Jeeto Jackpot! Win Rs.1,00,000.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved