Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet contains Pramipexole as its active ingredient. It is used for treating the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease. This medicine is not recommended for use in children and adolescents. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It can be taken with or without food. Before using this medicine, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
Uses of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet is used to treat the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
Contraindications of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
If you are allergic to Pramipexole or any other ingredients Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet.
Side effects of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Decreased appetite, weight loss
- Swelling in the lower legs or hands
- Abnormal uncontrolled movements
- Hallucinations, confusion, insomnia, abnormal dreams
Precautions and Warnings of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
Can I take Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet during pregnancy?
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy.
- However, your doctor may give you this medicine only if it is really needed and advantage overweighs the risk.
- You should consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be or are planning for a baby, before starting this medicine.
Can I take Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet should not be used while breastfeeding as it can reduce the production of breast milk.
- It is also unknown if Pramipexole passes into breast milk, hence you should not breast feed, while taking this medicine.
- An alternative medicine is a better option and especially when nursing a new-born or premature baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet?
Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet may make you feel dizzy and sleepy, you should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet?
You should avoid consuming alcohol while on treatment with Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have any problems with your kidney
- You are suffering from any heart or blood vessels related diseases
- You notice that you are hallucinating, develop any abnormal, uncontrolled movements, cannot keep your body upright, sleepiness, problems with your vision while on treatment with Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet. You should immediately contact your doctor.Read less
- You notice any urge to behave in any abnormal way or notice any addicting behaviour like gambling, eating, etc.
- You or any of your family members notice that your are suffering from any mental health problems (depression, anxiety, etc) after taking this medicine.
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet is not recommended for use in patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Pramipexole in Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet works by stimulating the dopamine receptors in the brain, this triggers the nerve impulses that helps in controlling the body movements.
Directions for Use of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- You should be cautious if you are taking any sedatives to calm you down along with this medicine.
- When you start taking Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet along with taking levodopa (also used to treat Parkinson’s disease), your doctor will reduce the dose of levodopa.
- Medicines like cimetidine (used in stomach ulcers), amantadine (used to treat Parkinson’s disease), mexiletine, procainamide (used in heart problems), zidovudine (used to treat HIV infection), cisplatin (used in cancer), quinine (used in malaria) should be used with along with Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet.Read less
Interactions with food items
Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet can be taken with or without food.
Storage and disposal of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
Store Pramipex 0.25 mg tablets in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture and heat. Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Pramipex 0.25mg Tablet
Symptoms of overdose include nausea, vomiting, excessive movement, hallucinations, agitation and low blood pressure. Seek urgent medical attention in case you have consumed too much of Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember it. If it is almost time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the use of Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet?
A: Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet is used to treat the signs and symptoms of idiopathic Parkinson’s disease.
Q: Can I stop taking Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, you should not suddenly stop taking Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet without first consulting your doctor. Your doctor will decrease your dose gradually over weeks before stopping it.
Q: How to take Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet?
A: Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water, with or without food. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby
- Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet may interact with other medicines, hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines including supplements or herbal products. Also inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.Read less
Q: Does Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet cause addiction?
A: No, Pramipex 0.25 mg tablet is not an addiction causing medicine. However, it should be used as per dose and duration prescribed by your doctor.
Last Updated on: 03 Mar 2021 | 11:16 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved