Phytoral 2 % Description
Phytoral Lotion is a topical anti-fungal medicine. It is used to treat fungal skin infections such as ringworm, fungal infections between the toes, inner thighs, private parts, etc. Phytoral contains
ketoconazole as its active ingredient. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. You may experience some application site reactions as side effects. However, they normally fade away with time. Report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen.
Uses of Phytoral 2 %
Contraindications of Phytoral 2 %
- If you are allergic to ketoconazole or any other ingredients of Phytoral Lotion.
- If you are suffering from any eye infections.
Side effects of Phytoral 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Phytoral 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You have recently used a topical preparation (cream, Lotion, gel, etc) containing steroids to treat your skin infection.
- You experience any skin allergies after using this medicine.
- You have open wounds, cuts, burns or aberrations on your skin.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition. Contact your doctor immediately.
- Avoid using this medicine for a prolonged period.
- Phytoral Lotion is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Phytoral 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Phytoral 2 %
- Phytoral Lotion is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Clean and dry the infected area well.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Phytoral 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Since Phytoral Lotion is to be used externally on the skin, it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription), supplements, herbal preparations or other topical preparations for treating other health conditions....