Pexitaz 100mg Injection
By RANBAXY LABORATORIES (SUN PHARMA)
1 Injection(s) in Injection
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pexitaz 100 MG Description
Pexitaz Injection is an anti-cancer medication containing pemetrexed as its main component. It is used in the treatment of lung cancer. This medicine will be given to you in hospital or clinic by a d
octor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
|You Save||₹200.98 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea|
Check more medicines with composition as Pemetrexed(100.0 Mg)
Uses of Pexitaz 100 MG
For the treatment of lung cancer
Contraindications of Pexitaz 100 MG
- If you are allergic to pemetrexed or any of the ingredient of Pexitaz Injection
- If you are a breastfeeding mother
- If you have taken or are about to take a vaccine against yellow fever
Side effects of Pexitaz 100 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea
- Indigestion, constipation, stomach pain
- Fever, infection
- Fatigue, dizziness, loss of appetite
- Skin rash, redness, itching
- Pain, swelling, sores in the mouth
- Chest pain
- Hair loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Pexitaz 100 MG
Can I take Pexitaz Injection during pregnancy?
- Pexitaz Injection should not be used during pregnancy unless your doctor considers it essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Can I take Pexitaz Injection while breastfeeding?
You should not breastfeeding while on treatment with this medicine, as it is unknown if pemetrexed passes into breast milk
Can I drive if I have consumed Pexitaz Injection?
This medicine may make you feel tired, caution is needed while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pexitaz Injection?
Although there is no known interaction with alcohol and this medicine, it is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of consuming alcohol regularly.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You had or still have problems with your heart or kidneys
- You had or are scheduled to have radiation therapy
- You have been vaccinated recently
- You have a condition of fluids accumulated around the lungs
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Pexitaz 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Pemetrexed interacts with DNA (genetic material) and causes certain changes in the DNA. This results in problems in DNA synthesis leading to anti-cancer effects.
Directions for Use of Pexitaz 100 MG
Pexitaz Injection will be given in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject.
Interactions of Pexitaz 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pexitaz Injection works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine such as painkillers, blood thinners, water pills, cyclosporin, probenecid, penicillin or you have taken an live vaccines.
Storage and disposal of Pexitaz 100 MG
- Store Pexitaz Injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets
Dosage of Pexitaz 100 MG
This injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
The doctor or nurse usually gives this injection in the hospital or clinic. Therefore, the chances of missing a dose are less. However, if you feel that a dose has been missed, please inform your doctor and nurse....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Pexitaz Injection?
A: Pexitaz Injection contains pemetrexed as its active ingredient.
Q: What is the use of Pexitaz Injection?
A: Pexitaz Injection is used for the treatment of lung cancer such as non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
- Pemetrexed SUN 500 mg powder for concentrate for solution for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 8 June 2022]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed