Pex Syrup 100ml
Pex Syrup 100ml Description
Pex Syrup is used in the management of wet cough due to infection of airways, lungs and throat such as bronchitis. The wet cough is usually accompanied by chest tightness, spasms, mucous build-up, wh
eezing and difficulty in expelling out the cough. It contains ingredients like bromhexine, guaifenesin, menthol and terbutaline. Bromhexine acts as a mucolytic agent, guaifenesin is an expectorant, menthol for cooling or soothing effect and terbutaline is a bronchodilator. Collectively these ingredients help in making your breath easier when your nose, lungs are filled with thick mucous. It is recommended to consult your doctor before using Pex Syrup. Follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
|You Save||₹9.45 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Bromhexine + Guaiphenesin + Menthol + Terbutaline|
|Uses||Cough with phlegm|
|Side effects||Nausea, headache, drowsiness, vomiting, indigestion|
|Therapy||COUGH COLD PREPARATION|
Uses of Pex Syrup 100ml
Contraindications of Pex Syrup 100ml
Side effects of Pex Syrup 100ml
Precautions and Warnings of Pex Syrup 100ml
Other General Warnings
- You have a history or have any pre-existing health condition such as peptic ulcers, any kind of skin disorder, respiratory problem, diabetes, heart-related disorder, overactive thyroid or fits, etc.
- You are already taking any other medicines for cough.
- This Syrup should not be given to the children.
- You are a pregnant or nursing woman.
- You observe any unusual signs and symptoms during the treatment with this medicine.
Mode of Action of Pex Syrup 100ml
How Does It Work?
- Bromhexine helps in reducing the mucous by boosting the production of phlegm in the respiratory tract and aids to make the mucus thinner and less sticky. Therefore, it makes the expulsion of cough easier....
- Guaifenesin is an expectorant, it helps in thinning the mucous in the airways and makes it easier to cough out and clear the airways.
- Terbutaline is a bronchodilator that acts by relaxing the muscles of the airways and inhibits the release of inflammation-causing chemical substances Therefore, it improves airflow to the lungs and makes breathing easier....
- Menthol is also classified as an expectorant and helps you with a soothing and cooling effect in the airways.
Directions for Use of Pex Syrup 100ml
- Pex Syrup should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Shake the bottle before use.
- Use the measuring cup for the exact quantity as directed by your doctor.
Interactions of Pex Syrup 100ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pex Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time. Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction....
- Especially, if you are taking medicines for psychiatric or brain-related disorders such as desipramine, amitriptyline, corticosteroids like prednisone, anti-sickness medicines, medicines used to treat eye conditions like glaucoma, etc. ...
- Concomitant use of any other cough suppressants should be avoided, as it may alter the action of Pex Syrup.
- Also, you should inform your doctor if your child or yourself have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.
Storage and disposal of Pex Syrup 100ml
- Store Pex Syrup in a dry place, protected from light, heat and moisture.
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pex Syrup 100ml
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How many times can I take Pex Syrup in a day?
Q: Does Pex Syrup cause drowsiness?
Q: What is the composition of Pex?
Q: What are the uses of Pex Syrup?
- Bisolvon 4mg/5ml Oral Solution [Internet]. Hpra.ie. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Terbutaline Bromhexine & Guaiphenesin Syrup Manufacturer & Supplier India | Buy Online [Internet]. https://wellonapharma.com/. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Terbutaline Bromhexine Hydrochloride andGuaiphenesin | MUCOVIB - Vibcare Pharma [Internet]. Vibcare Pharma. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Bromhexine.com - The official site for Bromhexine information [Internet]. Bromhexine. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Benylin Mucus Cough Max Honey & Lemon Flavour 100 mg/5 ml Syrup - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Terbutaline: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Menthol [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Guaifenesin: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Bromhexine [Internet]. Pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 22 June 2022]