Pecef 200mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pecef Tablet contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Pecef Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, urinary t
ract, stomach and reproductive tract. Cefpodoxime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you have before starting this medicine....
Uses of Pecef 200mg Tablet
Pecef Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms mainly of the ear, nose, urinary tract, throat, chest and lungs.
Contraindications of Pecef 200mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Pecef Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Pecef 200mg Tablet
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Pecef 200mg Tablet
Can I take Pecef Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Pecef Tablet on pregnancy. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefit and need.
Can I take Pecef Tablet while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information about the effect of Pecef Tablet on breastfeeding. It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicinewhile breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby...Read more
Can I drive if I have consumed Pecef Tablet?
Pecef Tablet can cause confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Pecef Tablet?
Alcohol should be avoided along with Pecef Tablet as it can worsen the side effects such as sweating, headache, increased heartbeat, redness of the skin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You are on any other antibiotics
- You have any kidney disorders.
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease.
Mode of Action of Pecef 200mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Pecef 200mg Tablet
Pecef Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more
than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Pecef 200mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Pecef Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....Read more
Storage and disposal of Pecef 200mg Tablet
- Store Pecef Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Pecef 200mg Tablet
Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of Pecef Tablet. Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedu
le. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Pecef Tablet?
- No, you should not self-medicate yourself with Pecef Tablet
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking Pecef Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Pecef Tablet safe and effective?
A: Pecef Tablet is safe and effective if you take it at the dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases, while an overdose of this medicine can lead to serious health consequences.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 15 May 2021 | 11:11 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved