Para D Tablet
Para D Tablet Description
Para D Tablet is used as a pain-relieving and anti-spasmodic medicine. It is used for relieving spasmodic pain associated with stones in the kidney or gallbladder. It is also helpful in treating bloc
age or obstruction in the intestine and menstrual pain and cramps. It is a combination medicine containing paracetamol and dicyclomine as its active ingredient. Before taking this Tablet, you should tell your doctor about your complete medical and medication history. It should not be used in children below 12 years of age. Take the Tablet exactly as your doctor tells you to take it. Your doctor will tell you how many Para D Tablets to take and when to take them.
|You Save||₹7.50 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Dicycloverine / Dicyclomine(20.0 Mg) + Paracetamol / Acetaminophen(500.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, constipation, indigestion, loss of appetite|
- Cyclopam Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Indoco Remedies Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 51.20₹ 43.52₹ 4.35/Tablet
- Colimex TabletBy Wallace Pharmaceuticals10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 39.50₹ 33.57₹ 3.36/Tablet
- Baralgan Nu Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sanofi10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 38.89₹ 33.45₹ 3.35/Tablet
- Trigan D TabletBy Zydus Cadila Healthcare Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 33.00₹ 30.03₹ 3.0/Tablet
Uses of Para D Tablet
- For relieving spasmodic pain and cramps.
- Renal colic (sharp pain due to a stone in the urinary tract).
- Intestinal colic (cramp-like pain in the intestine).
- Biliary colic (pain in the middle to the upper right area of the stomach).
- Painful menstruation and cramps.
Contraindications of Para D Tablet
- If you are allergic to paracetamol, dicyclomine or any other ingredients of Para D Tablet.
- If you are taking any other medicine that contains paracetamol or dicyclomine.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, stomach or intestinal ulcers.
- If you have any heart-related problem or bleeding disorder.
- If you have urinary tract disorder, obstruction in urethra or ureter.
- If you have an eye disorder called glaucoma or you are breastfeeding.
- If you have a muscle-related disorder called myasthenia gravis.
Side effects of Para D Tablet
- Stomach discomfort
- Loss of appetite
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Para D Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any heart diseases or high blood pressure.
- You have muscle weakness or glaucoma.
- You have problems with your intestines, liver or kidney.
- You have a fever, as you need to be cautious while consuming this medicine.
- You have a prostate disorder or an enlarged prostate gland.
- You have indigestion or heartburn due to a hiatus hernia.
- You are allergic to aspirin or other NSAIDs used to treat pain.
- You are taking other medicines containing paracetamol.
- Para D Tablet should not be used in children below 12 years of age.
- It should be used with caution in older people as they may be more sensitive to the side effects.
Mode of Action of Para D Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Para D Tablet acts via combined action of paracetamol and dicyclomine.
- Paracetamol works by inhibiting the production of a chemical substance prostaglandin by blocking an enzyme responsible for prostaglandin synthesis, responsible for the pain, swelling and inflammatory responses....
- Dicyclomine acts on smooth muscles of the uterus, urethra, intestine and bile duct and helps in relieving pain. It relaxes the muscles and improves the cramps and spasm.
Directions for Use of Para D Tablet
- Para D Tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Para D Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Para D may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concurrent use of Para D Tablet along with medicines to treat glaucoma like timolol, bimatoprost, latanoprost and medicine to reduce cholesterol like cholestyramine is not recommended.
- Concurrent use of this medicine along with blood thinners like warfarin and antivitamin K can increase the risk of bleeding. Thus, this medicine should be used with caution.
- You may experience increased side effects when taken along with medicines to treat irregular heartbeats like quinidine, anti-allergy medicines like phenothiazines, pain relief medicines like meperidine....
Storage and disposal of Para D Tablet
- Store Para D Tablets below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep the medicine away from children and pets.
- Discard this medicine when it is expired or no longer needed.
Dosage of Para D Tablet
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Para D a painkiller?
Q: What are Para D Tablets used for?
Q: Can I take Para D for stomach pain?
Q: Can Para D be taken empty stomach?
Q: Can Para D Tablet be used for children?
Q: Can Para D be taken for period pain?
Q: Can Para D be used for headache and toothache?
Q: How long can Para D be taken?
Q: Does Para D cause constipation?
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Anadin Paracetamol Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Dicycloverine 10 mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]
- Baralgan Tablet [Internet]. Sanofi.in. 2022 [cited 4 May 2022]