Pantin L Capsule
Pantin L Capsule Description
Pantin L capsule SR is a combination of two medicines, Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride. It is used for the prevention of reflux of acid from the stomach to the food pipe and also prevents the producti
on of excess acid in the stomach. It works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel. Do not use it if you are pregnant or a lactating mother or if you are allergic to any of the components of it. Nausea or vomiting, loose motions, headache, dizziness are some of the side effects of using this medicine. However, these are temporary and go away on their own. If side effects persist or your condition doesn't improve, inform your doctor.
|You Save||₹19.65 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Levosulpiride(75.0 Mg) + Pantoprazole(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||GERD (Gastrointestinal reflux disease)|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, loose motions, stomach pain, flatulence|
|Therapy||ANTACID AND ANTI-REFLUX|
Uses of Pantin L Capsule
Contraindications of Pantin L Capsule
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride or any of the other ingredients of Pantin L capsule SR.
- If you have severe kidney disease or liver disease.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you have an obstruction in your bowel or have blood in vomit or stool.
- If you have a tumour of the adrenal gland called pheochromocytoma.
- If you have a seizure disorder (epilepsy) or have an abnormally elevated mood (mania).
- If you have prolactin hormone-secreting tumour of the pituitary gland (prolactinoma) and breast cancer present together.
Side effects of Pantin L Capsule
- Nausea or vomiting
- Loose motions
- Pain in stomach
- Joint pain
Precautions and Warnings of Pantin L Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You have kidney, liver or heart disease.
- You have a rash over the skin.
- You are taking this medicine for a longer duration.
- You have tiredness, seizures, irregular heartbeat or muscle spasm.
- Your doctor tells you that you have a low vitamin B12 level in your blood.
- You have to undergo a urine test.
Mode of Action of Pantin L Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Levosulpiride works by reducing acid production in the stomach. It also works by preventing acid reflux in the food pipe from the stomach by increasing movement of the stomach and bowel.
- Pantoprazole works by inhibiting a pump called the proton pump in the stomach wall, responsible for the secretion of stomach acids for digestion and hence leads to reduced acid production.
Directions for Use of Pantin L Capsule
Interactions of Pantin L Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Taking Pantin L capsule SR with other medicines such as Ketoconazole, Itraconazole, Posaconazole or Erlotinib decreases the absorption of these medicines in the body.
- Concomitant use of Pantin L capsule SR with Methotrexate (anticancer medicine) can increase the blood level of Methotrexate.
- Taking this medicine with fluvoxamine can increase the blood concentration of Pantin L capsule SR. The dose of this medicine has to be reduced when taking with fluvoxamine.
- Antacids containing sucralfate, aluminium and magnesium can decrease the absorption of Pantin L capsule SR.
- Taking this medicine with other medicines such as antimalarials, cisapride cause irregular heartbeat.
- Co-administration of Pantin L capsule SR with anti-HIV medicines such as Atazanavir can reduce the blood concentration of Atazanavir.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid interactions.
Storage and disposal of Pantin L Capsule
- Store at temperature below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.