Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
9 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pan Tablet contains Pantoprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," which reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. Pantoprazole blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
Uses of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pan Tablet is used to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine, for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating).
Contraindications of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other ingredient of Pan Tablet.
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine.
Side effects of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Can I take Pan Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Pan Tablet on pregnancy. Thus it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Pan Tablet while breastfeeding?
Pan Tablet can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pan Tablet?
Pan Tablet has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pan Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pan Tablet does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers).
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE).
Mode of Action of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
How Does It Work?
Pan Tablet works by reducing the acid production in the stomach by blocking or inhibiting a pump called the proton pump responsible for the secretion of stomach acid. Hence, this tablet is indicated in conditions where excessive acidity is prevalent and can cause a problem.
Directions for Use of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pan Tablet must be taken as directed by your doctor.
- The medicine is taken 30 min before food, on an empty stomach.
- Do not chew or break the pill, swallow with a whole glass of water.
Interactions of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections).
- Medicines that are consumed in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir.
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon.
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate.
Interactions with food items
- Stimulation of stomach acid production or delay in ulcer healing is observed with nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola). Hence, avoid these items.
Storage and disposal of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Store Pan Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
If you have taken too much dose of Pan Tablet, seek medical help or call a doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: What is Pan Tablet used for?
A: Pan Tablet is used to treat acid reflux conditions, acidity related disorders such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids).
Q: How to take Pan Tablet?
A: Pan Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably 30 mins before your first meal or breakfast.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 25 Mar 2021 | 09:27 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Upto Rs.300 Cashback on ICICI Debit & Credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved