Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
By ALKEM LABORATORIES LTD
15 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Pan Tablet contains Pantoprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," which reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. Pantoprazole blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take....
|You Save||₹18.90 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Acidity and stomach ulcers|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, flatulence, constipation|
Check more medicines with composition as Pantoprazole(20.0 Mg)
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Uses of Pan 20 MG
Pan Tablet is used to treat ulcers in the stomach or intestine, for Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids) and gastroesophageal reflux disease (symptoms like heartburn & chest pain right after eating)....
Contraindications of Pan 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other ingredient of Pan Tablet.
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine.
Side effects of Pan 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Pan 20 MG
Can I take Pan Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Pan Tablet on pregnancy. Thus it is recommended to avoid the use of this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I take Pan Tablet while breastfeeding?
Pan Tablet can pass into breast milk. It is advised not to take medicine unless prescribed by your doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Pan Tablet?
Pan Tablet has a negligible influence on the ability to drive. If you experience side effects like dizziness or disturbed vision, you should avoid driving or using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Pan Tablet?
Drinking alcohol when you are taking Pan Tablet does not affect the way this medicine works; however, you must avoid drinking large quantities of alcohol as it is known to increase acidity and can make your acidity worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have severe liver problems.
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers).
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE).
Mode of Action of Pan 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Pan Tablet works by reducing the acid production in the stomach by blocking or inhibiting a pump called the proton pump responsible for the secretion of stomach acid. Hence, this tablet is indicated in conditions where excessive acidity is prevalent and can cause a problem....
Directions for Use of Pan 20 MG
- Pan Tablet must be taken as directed by your doctor.
- The medicine is taken 30 min before food, on an empty stomach.
- Do not chew or break the pill, swallow with a whole glass of water.
Interactions of Pan 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections).
- Medicines that are consumed in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir.
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon.
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate.
Interactions with food items
- Stimulation of stomach acid production or delay in ulcer healing is observed with nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola). Hence, avoid these items.
Storage and disposal of Pan 20 MG
- Store Pan Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pan 20 MG
If you have taken too much dose of Pan Tablet, seek medical help or call a doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: What is Pan Tablet used for?
A: Pan Tablet is used to treat acid reflux conditions, acidity related disorders such as stomach and intestinal ulcers, and Zollinger-Ellison syndrome (a tumour in the pancreas, which causes oversecretion of stomach acids).
Q: How to take Pan Tablet?
A: Pan Tablet should be taken as a whole with a glass of water, preferably 30 mins before your first meal or breakfast.
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
- Pan 40 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pan Mps Mint Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
- Pan 80 Mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pan Iv 40 Mg Vial Of 0 04 Gm Powder For Injection
- Pan D Strip Of 15 Tablets
- Pan Mps Paan Flavour Sugar Free Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
- Pan Junior 20 Mg Tab 10 S
- Pan 40 Mg Tab
- Pan Mps Bottle Of 200 Ml Suspension
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.