Pan 20mg Strip Of 15 Tablets
Pan 20 MG Description
Pan Tablet contains Pantoprazole. It belongs to a group of medicines called "Proton pump inhibitor," which reduces the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It also has anti-acid reflux actions. Pa
ntoprazole blocks the proton pumps in the stomach wall responsible for the production of acid. It is used to treat stomach ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other acidity related problems. This medicine works best when taken on an empty stomach. You should tell your doctor about your medical history, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take or might take.
- Pancoly 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 109.00₹ 58.879.66% CHEAPER₹ 5.89/Tablet
Uses of Pan 20 MG
Contraindications of Pan 20 MG
- If you are allergic to Pantoprazole, or any other ingredient of Pan Tablet.
- If you are on a medicine called Rilpivirine.
Side effects of Pan 20 MG
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Pan 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have severe liver problems.
- You are taking NSAIDs (painkillers).
- You have a personal or family history of stomach cancer.
- You are taking medicines to treat HIV.
- You have low levels of vitamin B12 (like Cobalamin). This medicine is known to reduce the absorption of vitamin B12 after long term use.
- Taking this medicine for more than one year may increase the chances of developing bone fractures.
- If you are on this medicine for more than three months, your blood magnesium levels may drop. Your doctor may perform regular tests for the same.
- On exposure to the sun, you get rash on your skin, stop your treatment with Pantoprazole and inform your doctor as this may be a symptom of Subacute Cutaneous Lupus Erythematosus (SCLE).
Mode of Action of Pan 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Pan 20 MG
- Pan Tablet must be taken as directed by your doctor.
- The medicine is taken 30 min before food, on an empty stomach.
- Do not chew or break the pill, swallow with a whole glass of water.
Interactions of Pan 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that are gastric pH dependent such as Itraconazole, Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infections).
- Medicines that are consumed in HIV or AIDS such as Atazanavir, Tenofovir.
- Medicines used for thinning, or thickening of the blood like Warfarin and Phenprocoumon.
- Medicines used for certain types of cancer such as Methotrexate.
Interactions with food items
- Stimulation of stomach acid production or delay in ulcer healing is observed with nicotine and caffeine (coffee, tea, chocolate and cola). Hence, avoid these items.
Storage and disposal of Pan 20 MG
- Store Pan Tablet in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Pan 20 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I get recurring acidity, what should I do to avoid it?
- Avoid spicy and oily food.
- Reduce smoking and alcohol intake as these are known to worsen reflux.
- Avoid carbonated drinks like cold drinks, soda as the carbon dioxide gas in these is known to aggravate acid reflux.
- Reduce chocolate, mint intake.
- Some medicines are known to increase acidity and worsen the condition such as pain killers, Ibuprofen. You should avoid using these for a long duration.
Q: I have been taking Pantoprazole for some months now, what should I watch for?
- Take this medicine only for the duration as prescribed by your doctor.
- If there is relief in your symptoms, you may visit your doctor for a follow-up, where your doctor may reduce its dose.
- This medicine is known to cause fractures, low magnesium levels, vitamin B12 levels on long term use.
- You need to be cautious about these and keep checking your blood levels regularly, and if needed, your doctor may prescribe the supplements for these deficiencies.
Q: What is Pan Tablet used for?
Q: How to take Pan Tablet?
Other Products from this Brand
- PAN Z
- PAN 40MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- PAN D STRIP OF 15 CAPSULES
- PAN 80MG STRIP OF 15 TABLETS
- PAN MPS MINT FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 200ML SUSPENSION
- PAN IV 40MG VIAL OF 0.04 GM POWDER FOR INJECTION
- PAN JUNIOR 20MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS
- PAN MPS PAAN FLAVOUR SUGAR FREE BOTTLE OF 200ML SUSPENSION
- PAN 40MG STRIP OF 10 TABLETS