Oxybro Plus Tablet
Oxybro Plus Tablet Description
Oxybro Plus Tablet is used to treat blockage, swelling and irritation associated with bronchial asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and cure symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as
a runny nose, sneezing, red, itchy, and watery eyes. It contains a combination of montelukast and acebrophylline. Oxybro Plus Tablet works by relaxing the muscles of the air passages, widening and making breathing easier. It should not be used in children below 18 years of age. Inform the doctor if you have any medical condition and are on any medication. You may feel sleepy, dizzy, nauseous, vomiting and stomach pain after consuming Oxybro Plus Tablet. If these symptoms do not resolve or worsen, consult the doctor.
Uses of Oxybro Plus Tablet
Contraindications of Oxybro Plus Tablet
- If you are allergic to montelukast, acebrophylline or any other component of Oxybro Plus Tablet.
- If you had a heart attack in past.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have or had hypotension, irregular heartbeat, heart failure or heart disease.
Side effects of Oxybro Plus Tablet
- Headache, fever, drowsiness
- Stomach pain, stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhoea, vomiting, constipation, and heartburn
- Increased liver enzymes
- Rash, itching
Precautions and Warnings of Oxybro Plus Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have or had liver, kidney or heart disease or disorder.
- You are giving it to elderly patient age more than 65 years.
- You have other medical condition like hyperthyroidism or hypertension, stomach or intestinal ulcer or fits, and are on any medication.
- You experience any psychiatric events after taking Oxybro Plus Tablet.
- You experience any unusual symptoms.
- Oxybro Plus Tablet should not be replaced with other medicine suddenly. It should not use for an acute asthma attack.
- Oxybro Plus Tablet should not be used for children below 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Oxybro Plus Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Montelukast helps to control the symptoms by blocking the action of a substance in the body called leukotrienes which causes narrowing and swelling of airways in the lungs and cause symptoms of allergic rhinitis and asthma....
- Acebrophylline works by relaxing the muscles of the airway, thinning and loosening the mucus of the airway, which makes it easy to breathe for people with lung problems. It also has an anti-inflammatory action that helps to treat any underlying cause....
Directions for Use of Oxybro Plus Tablet
- Oxybro Plus Tablet should be taken as directed by the doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water.
- Take at a fixed time for optimal results. Do not consume more than that prescribed by a doctor.
Interactions of Oxybro Plus Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Oxybro Plus Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell the doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Medicines used to treat infections such as erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, doxycycline, amoxicillin increases the effect of Oxybro Plus Tablet when used concomitantly.
- Concomitant use of medicines used to treat heart disease such as furosemide, diltiazem, verapamil, isoprenaline may increase the effect of Oxybro Plus Tablet.
- Medicines used to treat fits and tuberculosis such as phenytoin, phenobarbital and rifampin decrease the effect of Oxybro Plus Tablet when co-administered.
- Medicines used to treat abnormal blood lipid levels such as gemfibrozil may increase the effect of Oxybro Plus Tablet when co-administered.
Storage and disposal of Oxybro Plus Tablet
- Store at temperature below
- 25°C in a cool, dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.