Ostril 5mg Tab
By AUSPI MEDICAMENTS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Ostril 5mg Tab is an antiallergic medicine used in allergic conditions such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives. It contains levocetirizine as its active medicine. Allergic symptoms appear due to the production of a chemical in the body, namely histamine. Ostril 5mg Tab works by blocking the actions of histamine. Do not use it if you are allergic to levocetirizine. Avoid driving and handling any machinery, as this medicine makes you less alert....
|You Save||₹4.41 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Uses||Allergic rhinitis and skin allergy|
|Side effects||Tiredness, headache, sleepiness, drowsiness, dizziness|
Check more medicines with composition as Levocetirizine(5.0 Mg)
Uses of Ostril 5mg Tab
- Ostril 5mg Tab is used to treat allergic symptoms such as common cold, allergic rhinitis (running nose), urticaria, insect bite and hives.
- It is also used to relieve symptoms of allergy due to dust and pet allergies.
Contraindications of Ostril 5mg Tab
- If you are allergic to levocetirizine or any other ingredients of Ostril 5mg Tab .
- If you have any liver disease.
Side effects of Ostril 5mg Tab
- Dry mouth
- Somnolence (excessive sleepiness)
- Increased heart rate
- Altered sense of taste
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Ostril 5mg Tab
Can I take Ostril 5mg Tab during pregnancy?
Limited information is available on the safety of Ostril 5mg Tab in pregnant women. Hence, it is better to avoid this medicine in pregnancy unless specified by your physician.
Can I take Ostril 5mg Tab while breastfeeding?
Contents of Ostril 5mg Tab pass into breast milk; therefore, it is advised not to take this medicine while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Ostril 5mg Tab ?
Caution is advised as taking Ostril 5mg Tab may lead to drowsiness, tiredness and exhaustion. Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Can I consume alcohol with Ostril 5mg Tab ?
Avoid drinking alcohol as it may cause an additional reduction in alertness and impairment of performance.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have kidney problems or urinary retention problems, your doctor may suggest lowering the dose of this medicine.
- You are suffering from fits (epilepsy).
- You may experience certain skin reactions like swelling, itching and redness immediately after you stop taking this medicine.
- You are going to take an allergic skin test, as it may interfere with the diagnosis.
Mode of Action of Ostril 5mg Tab
How Does It Work?
Histamine is a substance produced in our body in case of allergies and responsible for itching, runny nose, sneezing and watery eyes. Ostril 5mg Tab works by blocking the action of histamine and relieves allergy symptoms....
Directions for Use of Ostril 5mg Tab
- Take Ostril 5mg Tab as a whole with a sufficient amount of water as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Interactions of Ostril 5mg Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Ostril 5mg Tab works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Medications that may interact with Ostril 5mg Tab are theophylline (used to treat symptoms of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) and ritonavir (used to treat HIV).
Storage and disposal of Ostril 5mg Tab
- Store Ostril 5mg Tab at room temperature and away from excessive heat and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ostril 5mg Tab
Symptoms of overdose may include dizziness, nausea, rash or severe allergic reactions. If this happens to you, inform your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
Take the missed dose of Ostril 5mg Tab as early as you remember. Skip the missed dose and avoid taking extra medicine to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long does it take for Ostril 5mg Tab to work?
A: You can see the improvement within an hour of taking Ostril 5mg Tab . However, it may take some time to notice the full benefits.
Q: Does Ostril 5mg Tab make you tired and drowsy?
A: Yes, Ostril 5mg Tab can make you tired, sleepy and weak.
Q: How long should I continue taking Ostril 5mg Tab ?
A: The duration of the medicine depends upon the condition for which you are taking Ostril 5mg Tab . You may have to take this medicine for a longer duration if you are using it to treat symptoms of chronic urticaria or chronic allergic rhinitis (inflammation of the nose). Consult with your doctor if you are not sure about the duration of using this medicine.
Q: Can I take Ostril 5mg Tab along with paracetamol?
A: Yes, Ostril 5mg Tab can be taken along with paracetamol as no interaction is found between these two. Consult your doctor before taking it.
- Levocetirizine 5 mg film-coated tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- Levocetirizine: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2021 [cited 28 April 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 20 April 2021]
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.