Ostiwel Capsule Description
Ostiwel Capsule is used for the repair and maintenance of the cartilages around your joints. It is also used for slowing the progression of osteoarthritis. Ostiwel contains chondroitin and glucosamin
e as its active medicines. Take this medicine as prescribed by your doctor.
|You Save||₹10.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Chondroitin Sulfate(200.0 Mg) + Glucosamine(250.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, diarrhoea, abdominal discomfort|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOARTHRITIS|
Uses of Ostiwel Capsule
Contraindications of Ostiwel Capsule
- If you are allergic to chondroitin, glucosamine or any other ingredients of Ostiwel Capsule.
- If you are allergic to shellfish.
- If you are giving it to children under 2 years of age.
Side effects of Ostiwel Capsule
- Abdominal discomfort
- Skin rash
Precautions and Warnings of Ostiwel Capsule
Other General Warnings
- You are a diabetic patient.
- You suffer from liver or kidney diseases.
- You suffer from heart disease or have high cholesterol levels.
- You are asthmatic or obese.
- You suffer from high blood pressure.
- You take blood thinners or any other medicine for a blood clotting disorder.
- You suffer from prostate cancer.
Mode of Action of Ostiwel Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Ostiwel Capsule contains a combination of chondroitin and glucosamine as active substances.
- Chondroitin is the building block of cartilage along with glucosamine and is helpful in the repair of damaged cartilages in patients suffering from osteoarthritis.
- Glucosamine helps in increasing the lubrication around your joints by increasing the production of naturally occurring fluid present in the joint space, which tends to dry up with ageing and in joint diseases....
Directions for Use of Ostiwel Capsule
- Take Ostiwel as prescribed by your doctor.
- You should take this medicine regularly at the same time for optimal results.
- Do not consume more than the dose prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Ostiwel Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Certain medicines can interfere with the action of Ostiwel Capsule or this medicine itself can affect the action of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Concomitant use of Ostiwel with blood thinners like warfarin can lead to increased bleeding or bruising.
- Caution should be taken when prescribing this medicine with insulin or other antidiabetic medicines.
Storage and disposal of Ostiwel Capsule
- Store Ostiwel Capsule in a cool and dry place.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Ostiwel Capsule
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Ostiwel Capsule for my joint pain?
Q: What is the use of Ostiwel Capsule?
- Ostiwel Capsule is used for the repair and maintenance of the cartilages around your joints.
- It is also used for slowing the progression of osteoarthritis (degeneration of joint cartilage or bone).
- Dona 1500mg Powder for Oral Solution [Internet]. Irish Medicines Board; 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]
- Chondromel 400 mg Capsules. Health Products Regulatory Authority; 2022 [cited 215 June 2022]
- Glucozone-ct [Internet]. Leeford.in. 2022 [cited 15 June 2022]