Osteofos 70mg Tablet
Osteofos 70 MG Description
Osteofos 70 mg tablet contains Alendronic Acid (also called Alendronate) as its active ingredient. It is used in treating and preventing bones from weakening (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women.
ake this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken on an empty stomach. Osteofos 70 mg tablets should not be used in patients less than 18 years old. Before starting Osteofos 70 mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹38.76 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Alendronic Acid / Alendronate(70.0 Mg)|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR OSTEOPOROSIS|
Uses of Osteofos 70 MG
Contraindications of Osteofos 70 MG
- If you are allergic to Alendronic Acid (Alendronate) or any other ingredients of Osteofos 70 mg tablet.
- If you have problems with your oesophagus, that makes it difficult to swallow or your food gets stuck.
- If you find it difficult to stand or sit straight for at least half an hour.
- If you have low calcium levels in your blood.
Side effects of Osteofos 70 MG
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Stomach pain, heartburn
- Constipation, indigestion
- Runny nose, sneezing, fever
- Loss of appetite, altered taste
- Weight loss, weakness
- Difficulty or pain while swallowing
- Muscle pain, bone pain, joint pain
- Skin rash, itching, swelling, hair loss
- Blurred vision, watery eyes (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Osteofos 70 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have had a stomach ulcer.
- You suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
- You have any dental and jaw problems.
- You have pain or difficulty in swallowing.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have low levels of calcium in your blood.
- You have any stomach or intestine problems.
- You have had any operation of the stomach, throat.
- You have a condition called Barrett’s oesophagus (damage to the lower part of the oesophagus).
- Osteofos 70 mg tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Osteofos 70 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Osteofos 70 MG
- Osteofos 70 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It has to be taken on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes before food).
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Osteofos 70 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- You should avoid consuming any food, beverages, calcium supplements, antacids, etc for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- You need to be cautious while taking this medicine along with medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen (used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation).
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Osteofos 70 MG
- Osteofos 70 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.