Osteofos 70mg Tablet
By CIPLA LIMITED
4 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
3 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Osteofos 70 mg tablet contains Alendronic Acid (also called Alendronate) as its active ingredient. It is used in treating and preventing bones from weakening (osteoporosis) in post-menopausal women. Take this medicine exactly as directed by your doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. It must be taken on an empty stomach. Osteofos 70 mg tablets should not be used in patients less than 18 years old. Before starting Osteofos 70 mg tablet, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
Uses of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
Osteofos 70 mg tablet is used to treat and prevent osteoporosis (a condition in which bones become weak and brittle) in post-menopausal women. It can also be used to treat and prevent osteoporosis in men or people using steroids.
Contraindications of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Alendronic Acid (Alendronate) or any other ingredients of Osteofos 70 mg tablet.
- If you have problems with your oesophagus, that makes it difficult to swallow or your food gets stuck.
- If you find it difficult to stand or sit straight for at least half an hour.
- If you have low calcium levels in your blood.
Side effects of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
- Nausea, vomiting
- Headache, dizziness
- Stomach pain, heartburn
- Constipation, indigestion
- Runny nose, sneezing, fever
- Loss of appetite, altered taste
- Weight loss, weakness
- Difficulty or pain while swallowing
- Muscle pain, bone pain, joint pain
- Skin rash, itching, swelling, hair loss
- Blurred vision, watery eyes (uncommon)
Precautions and Warnings of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
Can I take Osteofos 70 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Osteofos 70 mg tablets should not be used in pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before using it.
Can I take Osteofos 70 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if the components of Osteofos 70 mg tablet pass into breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking this medicine. Consult your doctor before using Osteofos 70 mg tablet while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Osteofos 70 mg tablet?
Osteofos 70 mg tablets may blur your vision and make you dizzy and sleepy. Avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Osteofos 70 mg tablet?
There is limited information about the effects of Osteofos 70 mg tablet with alcohol. However, avoid taking alcohol in an excessive amount.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have had a stomach ulcer.
- You suffer from Vitamin D deficiency.
- You have any dental and jaw problems.
- You have pain or difficulty in swallowing.
- You have any problems with your kidney.
- You have low levels of calcium in your blood.
- You have any stomach or intestine problems.
- You have had any operation of the stomach, throat.
- You have a condition called Barrett’s oesophagus (damage to the lower part of the oesophagus).
- Osteofos 70 mg tablet is not recommended for patients below the age of 18 years.
Mode of Action of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Alendronate in Osteofos 70 mg tablet works by stopping the bones from becoming thinner and weaker. Thus, it helps in maintaining stronger bones and reduces the risk of broken bones.
Directions for Use of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
- Osteofos 70 mg tablets should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It has to be taken on an empty stomach (at least 30 minutes before food).
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- You should always tell the doctor if you are taking any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements to avoid any interaction.
- You should avoid consuming any food, beverages, calcium supplements, antacids, etc for at least 30 minutes after taking this medicine.
- You need to be cautious while taking this medicine along with medicines like aspirin, ibuprofen (used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation).
Interactions with food items
Your doctor may recommend you to take Osteofos 70 mg tablets on an empty stomach.
Storage and disposal of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
- Osteofos 70 mg tablets should be stored at room temperature protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Osteofos 70mg Tablet
Excess of Osteofos 70 mg tablets may lead to symptoms like indigestion, heartburn, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, blood in vomit or stools. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will I lose my hair while on treatment with Osteofos 70 mg tablet?
A: Yes, Osteofos 70 mg tablet may cause hair loss as a side effect.
Q: What lifestyle changes do I need to make while suffering from osteoporosis?
A: You need to have a balanced and healthy diet. Exercise regularly and avoid or stop smoking.
Q: How to take Osteofos 70 mg tablet?
A: Take Osteofos 70 mg tablet as told by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water on an empty stomach. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
Q: How long to take Osteofos 70 mg tablet?
A: The dose and duration of Osteofos 70 mg tablet will depend on the response to treatment. Take it for as long as the doctor has prescribed. Follow your doctor's instructions. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved