Osmodrops Eye Drops 10ml
Osmodrops 0.5 % Description
Osmodrops Eye Drop is used as a lubricant for temporary relief from burning irritation and discomfort due to dryness of the eye or due to exposure to wind or sun. It helps in restoring the natural mo
sture of your eyes using natural tears. Osmodrops Eye Drop contain carboxymethylcellulose as its active ingredient. Dryness in the eyes can be due to various factors such as wind, sunlight, prolonged use of computers and staying in air-conditioned setups. Use this medicine as directed by the doctor. Before using Osmodrops Eye Drop, please discuss with your doctor if you have any other eye conditions.
Uses of Osmodrops 0.5 %
Contraindications of Osmodrops 0.5 %
Side effects of Osmodrops 0.5 %
- Eye pain
- Eye discharge
- Visual disturbances
Precautions and Warnings of Osmodrops 0.5 %
Other General Warnings
- You experience irritation, pain, redness of the eyes and changes in vision occur or your condition worsens, you may need to discontinue the treatment.
- Contact lenses should be removed before each application and may be inserted after 15 minutes.
- Concomitant eye medication should be administered 15 minutes before the installation of Osmodrops Eye Drop.
- To avoid contamination or possible eye injury, do not touch the tip to the bottle or vial to any surface and avoid contact with the eye.
- Discard open single-dose container after use.
- If you accidentally ingest or swallow this medicine, contact your doctor or visit the hospital immediately.
Mode of Action of Osmodrops 0.5 %
How Does It Work?
- Our eyes continuously produce tears and store them in a sac-like structure in the eyes. When there is a decrease in the production of tears, it leads to drying of eyes which causes further irritation, redness and itching. ...
- Carboxymethylcellulose present in Osmodrops Eye Drop has a high viscosity which prevents the drainage of tears and increases its retention time in the eye. Thus, the tears that are formed are retained in the eyes for a longer time, lubricating the eyes....
Directions for Use of Osmodrops 0.5 %
- Use Osmodrops Eye Drop as advised by your doctor.
- Follow the directions carefully & do not miss doses.
- Wash your hands thoroughly before and after using this medicine.
- Close your eyes for 2-3 minutes and do not blink or squeeze after application.
- Avoid touching your eyes with the dropper, and it must be kept clean.
- Wipe any excess liquid from your face with a tissue.
- You should remove your contact lens before using this medicine.
- Use the exact number of drops recommended.
- Check for the colour of the solution.
- Avoid using Osmodrops Eye Drop if it has changed colour or has become cloudy.
Interactions of Osmodrops 0.5 %
Interactions with other medicines
- Tell your doctor about any other medicine, supplement or OTC products you are taking.
- If you use another eye drop product concomitantly with Osmodrops Eye Drop, keep a minimum gap of 15 minutes between the application of two medicines.
Storage and disposal of Osmodrops 0.5 %
- Store Osmodrops Eye Drop at or below 25°C in a clean and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
- You should not use it once its expiry date has passed and discard it properly.
- Do not use this medicine if you notice the contents are of a different colour in any way or if particles are present.
Dosage of Osmodrops 0.5 %
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed using Osmodrops Eye Drop, instil the drops as soon as you remember if the next instillation is more than 4 hours later.
- If it is almost time for the next instillation, skip the missed dose and instil the drops at the time of the next dose as planned.
- Do not overuse this medicine to compensate for the missed application.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Osmodrops Eye Drop be used with contact lenses?
Q: Can Osmodrops Eye Drop be used for the ears?
Q: How to open Osmodrops Eye Drop?
Q: Is Osmodrops Eye Drop safe for babies?
Q: What is the use of Osmodrops Eye Drop?
Q: Can I use Osmodrops Eye Drop frequently?
Q: Can Osmodrops Eye Drop cause cataract?
- DailyMed - ARTIFICIAL TEARS- carboxymethylcellulose sodium solution/ drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- DailyMed - Equate Restore Plus Lubricant Eye drops [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 3 May 2021]
- TheraTears Nighttime Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Optive Gel Drops (carboxymethylcellulose ophthalmic) dosing, indications, interactions, adverse effects, and more [Internet]. Reference.medscape.com. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]
- Refresh Tears [Internet]. Allergan-web-cdn-prod.azureedge.net. 2021 [cited 7 May 2021]