Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
30ml Dry Syrup in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Opox Cv Dry Syrup is used to treat bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It is a combination medicine containing cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid, which belongs to
the antibiotic class of medicine. It works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and killing the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Opox Cv Dry Syrup is designed to be used only by children. It should be used for children below 12-years of age and infants above 3-months of age. Give this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration to your child. The common side effects of Opox Cv Dry Syrup are diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting and gas. Please report to your doctor if you feel the side effects persist or the condition of your child worsens....
Uses of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
Opox Cv Dry Syrup is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the throat, ear, tonsils, airways, lungs, urinary tract and skin.
Contraindications of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
- If your child is allergic to cefpodoxime, clavulanic acid or any other components of Opox Cv Dry Syrup.
Side effects of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
- Decreased appetite
- A dry mouth
- Stomach pain
- Fungal infection
- Skin rash, redness
Precautions and Warnings of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- Your child develops an allergic reaction after taking Opox Cv Dry Syrup.
- Your child had diarrhoea after the use of Opox Cv Dry Syrup earlier.
- Opox Cv Dry Syrup should not be used for infants below 3-months of age.
Mode of Action of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
How Does It Work?
Opox Cv Dry Syrup works by the combined action of both its components: cefpodoxime and clavulanic acid Cefpodoxime is an antibiotic that inhibits the formation of the bacterial cell wall resulting in
bacterial death. Clavulanic acid inhibits a chemical substance, β-lactamase produced by bacterial cells, which breaks down Cefpodoxime and thereby allows cefpodoxime to attack and kill the bacteria. It reduces resistance and enhances the activity of cefpodoxime against bacteria....
Directions for Use of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
Take Opox Cv Dry Syrup as directed by your doctor. For reconstitution, add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle or as suggested by the doctor. Shake it well and make the vo
lume up to the given mark on the bottle. Use a measuring cup, spoon or dropper for the exact quantity. Reconstituted solutions should be used within the duration mentioned in the bottle....
Interactions of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Opox Cv Dry Syrup works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interactions.
- Concomitant use of acid-lowering medicines such as Ranitidine, Cimetidine with Opox Cv Dry Syrup can decrease the effect of this medicine.
- Concomitant use of Probenecid with Opox Cv Dry Syrup increases the effect of this medicine.
- When medicines known to cause harm to the kidney such as amphotericin-B, vancomycin, amikacin are administered along with Opox Cv Dry Syrup may increase the risk of kidney disease.
Storage and disposal of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
- Store Opox Cv Dry Syrup at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect it from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Opox Cv 100mg Dry Syp
- Symptoms of an overdose of Opox Cv Dry Syrup include nausea, vomiting, gas, stomach pain and diarrhoea.
- If you have given too much of this medicine to your child, then contact your doctor or reach out to the nearest hospital immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed giving any dose of Opox Cv Dry Syrup, then give it as soon as you remember. If it's already time for the next dose, then skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: How long can I store Opox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Opox Cv Dry Syrup should be stored in the refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard the remaining portion of medicine.
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Opox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: If your child vomits within 30 minutes of administering Opox Cv Dry Syrup, you need to give the same dose again.
Q: Is diarrhoea a common side effect of Opox Cv Dry Syrup?
A: Yes, diarrhoea is a common side effect of Opox Cv Dry Syrup. However, if your child has diarrhoea with blood and mucous along with stomach pain and fever, contact your doctor immediately. It can be a sign of inflammation of the large intestine.
Other Products from this Brand
Last Updated on: 05 Jun 2021 | 02:15 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Buy 2 or more healthcare products & get an additional 10% off
Flat 15% off + up to Rs.1000 cashback
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved