Omnix 100 Dry syrup is an antibiotic that is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It contains cefixime as its active ingredient which belongs to the "Cephalosporin" class of medicine that works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. This medicine is designed to be used only by children. It should not be used for children above 18 years of age. Do not miss any doses or stop giving this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections....
Q: Can I stop giving Omnix 100 Dry syrup if my child feels better?
A: No, Omnix 100 Dry syrup is an antibiotic and antibiotics have to be taken for the complete course as prescribed by your doctor. Though you will be feeling better, some bacteria will still be alive in your system, this can lead to these bacteria becoming resistant to antibiotics. To ensure complete and effective treatment, take medicine for the full course even if you start feeling fine midway.
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
A: No, Omnix 100 Dry syrup is a higher antibiotic and reserved for severe infections. This medicine should be taken only if your doctor considers it essential for you. Also, this medicine is not meant for viral infections.
Q: How long can I store Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
A: The reconstituted suspension of Omnix 100 Dry syrup should be stored in refrigerator. Content should be used within 7 days. Later, discard off the remaining portion of medicine.
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
A: If your child vomits within 30 minutes of administering Omnix 100 Dry syrup , you need to give the same dose again.