Omnix 100mg Strawberry Flavour Dry Syrup 30ml
Omnix 100 MG/5ML Description
Omnix 100 Dry syrup is an antibiotic that is used for the treatment of bacterial infection of the throat/neck, lungs, ear, urinary tract and skin. It contains cefixime as its active ingredient which
belongs to the "Cephalosporin" class of medicine that works by inhibiting the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. This medicine is designed to be used only by children. It should not be used for children above 18 years of age. Do not miss any doses or stop giving this medicine on your own. You must complete the course of antibiotics, discontinuing the treatment on your own, leads to antibiotic resistance and the recurrence of infection makes this medicine less effective for future infections.
|You Save||₹10.73 (15% on MRP)|
|Side effects||Diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, indigestion|
Uses of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
Contraindications of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
- If your child is allergic to cefixime or any other ingredient of Omnix 100 Dry syrup .
- If your child is allergic to any other cephalosporin antibiotics including Penicillin.
Side effects of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
- Stomach pain
- Flatulence (or gas)
Precautions and Warnings of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
Other General Warnings
- Your child has any pre-existing medical condition such as kidney or liver disease.
- Your child had severe skin adverse reactions after taking antibiotics.
- Your child is suffering from encephalopathy (fits, confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert)
- Your child is suffering from a condition called haemolytic anaemia (a condition where red blood cells get broken down faster than they are formed).
- You experience watery diarrhoea, stomach pain and fever.
- Omnix 100 Dry syrup should not be used in children above 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
- Take Omnix 100 Dry syrup as directed by your doctor.
- For reconstitution: Add boiled and cooled water, slightly below the mark on the bottle and shake well before use.
- The reconstituted solution should be used within the duration mentioned on the bottle and any unused solution should be discarded properly.
Interactions of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Omnix 100 Dry syrup works or this syrup itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if your child is already on certain medications like medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
- Blood thinner such as warfarin should be used with caution, as it increases the risk of bleeding when used along with this medicine.
Storage and disposal of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
- Store at temperature not exceeding 25°C. Protect from light and moisture.
- Store the reconstituted suspension in the refrigerator.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omnix 100 MG/5ML
Missed a Dose
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop giving Omnix 100 Dry syrup if my child feels better?
Q: I have fever and cold, can I take Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
Q: How long can I store Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
Q: What should I do if my child vomits after giving Omnix 100 Dry syrup ?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- ZIPRAX Dispersible Tablets / Dry Syrup [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 16 July 2021]
- Tripathi K. Essentials of medical pharmacology. 7th ed. Antimicrobial Drugs: 688-849.