Omnipres 40mg Tablet
Omnipres 40 MG Description
Omnipres 40 mg tablet is a prescription medicine indicated for a person with high blood pressure. High blood pressure can further cause strokes and heart and kidney problems. It is crucial to maintai
n normal blood pressure. Omnipres 40 mg has Olmesartán medoxomil as the primary ingredient. Olmesartan is a type of Angiotensin Receptor Blocker. It works by controlling the chemicals that further help relax the blood vessels and aid in proper blood flow, thus regulating high blood pressure. Omnipres tablets can exhibit various side effects like dizziness, lightheadedness, diarrhoea, weakness, nausea and indigestion. Please report your complete medical history to the doctor at the consultation time. The tablet has to be taken only with a doctor's recommendation. Kindly inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning pregnancy to avoid complications.
|You Save||₹47.25 (35% on MRP)|
|Contains||Olmesartan Medoxomil(40.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High Blood Pressure.|
|Side effects||Dizziness, Lightheadedness, Diarrhoea, Weakness, Nausea And Indigestion.|
- Olmighty 40mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 99.44₹ 84.523.76% CHEAPER₹ 8.45/Tablet
Uses of Omnipres 40 MG
- Omnipres tablet is used to control high blood pressure (Hypertension)
Contraindications of Omnipres 40 MG
- Omnipres are contraindicated if -
- You are allergic or hypersensitive to Olmesartan.
- You have liver disorder.
Side effects of Omnipres 40 MG
- Stomach Ache
Precautions and Warnings of Omnipres 40 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have a history of liver and kidney disorders.
- You have high potassium levels.
- You have a history or present condition of any mental illness.
- You have an allergic reaction like swelling of the tongue, troubled breathing, and rashes after having Omnipres tablet.
- You are taking any other medicine at present.
- You should inform the doctor if you are taking any vitamins or supplements along with the Omnipres tablet.
- You have low blood pressure after taking the Omnipres tablet.
- You are pregnant or planning pregnancy as Omnipres tablets are generally not recommended in this condition.
Mode of Action of Omnipres 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Omnipres 40 MG
- Omnipres tablets have to be taken only according to the doctor’s recommendation.
- It is generally prescribed for a longer duration and mostly has to be taken for a lifetime. The tablet needs to be taken at the same time every day.
- Omnipres tablets can be taken with or without the food.
- Omnipres tablets should be taken orally with water. The medicine should not be distorted in any way by either chewing or crushing for use.
Interactions of Omnipres 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Omnipres can interact with the following medicines-
- Benazepril, Lisinopril (medicine for blood pressure), Aceclofenac (painkiller)- it can increase the risk of kidney failure and lower the blood pressure.
- Almotriptan (medicine for migraine)- it can reduce the efficacy of Omnipres tablets.
- Chlorpromazine (antipsychotic)- it can increase the risk of liver damage.
- Ciprofloxacin (antibiotic)- it can increase the level of potassium in the body.
- Erythromycin (antibiotic)- it can decrease the rate of elimination of Erythromycin and thus increase its concentration in the body.
- Phenelzine (antidepressants)- it can increase the effect of Omnipres and might lower the blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Omnipres 40 MG
Dosage of Omnipres 40 MG
Missed a Dose
Dr. Suneet Monga
BDS, MDS (Paediatric & Preventive Dentistry) MMCDSR
Dr. Vijay Y
MBBS, MD in Clinical Pharmacology