Omez 40mg Tablet
By DR REDDY'S LABORATORIES LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
7 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Omez 40 MG Description
Omez 40 capsule is used to treat heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers. It contains omeprazole as an active ingredient. This capsule works by reducing the amount of acid produced in the stomach. T
hus, also used for treating Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease. Omez should be used under medical prescription and for the duration it is prescribed. It should be taken without food. Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and headache are some of the side effects of the Omez 20 capsule. These side effects normally go away with time, but if you feel your condition deteriorates, you should consult your doctor or visit the hospital.
|You Save||₹15.53 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Acidity, stomach ulcers|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain|
Check more medicines with composition as Omeprazole(40.0 Mg)
Uses of Omez 40 MG
- Omez 40 capsule is used in the treatment of heartburn and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease in which acidic content from the stomach comes up to the food pipe and mouth.
- Treatment of ulcers of stomach, intestine and inflammation and erosion of food pipe due to stomach acid.
- Management of a condition of increased gastric acid production induced by a tumour of the intestine or pancreas, also known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
Contraindications of Omez 40 MG
- If you are allergic to omeprazole or any other ingredients of Omez 40 capsule.
- If you are allergic to any medicines that are proton pump inhibitors (PPI) such as Esomeprazole, Pantoprazole, Rabeprazole and Lansoprazole.
- If you are on medications like nelfinavir, used to treat HIV infection.
Side effects of Omez 40 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Omez 40 MG
Can I take the Omez 40 capsule during pregnancy?
Omez 40 capsule can be taken during pregnancy. It is essential to always consult a doctor before starting any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Omez 40 capsule while breastfeeding?
Omeprazole passes into human milk, but in small amounts and may not harm the baby. Hence, the Omez 40 capsule can be used while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Omez 40 capsule?
Omez 40 capsule may make you dizzy and feel sleepy, thus you should avoid driving if you do not feel well.
Can I consume alcohol with Omez 40 capsule?
You must avoid consuming alcohol in excess as it is known to increase acidity and can make your stomach disease worse.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have problems with your liver.
- You notice abnormal weight loss.
- You are experiencing frequent diarrhoea.
- You have a family history of stomach cancer.
- You vomit food or blood or you are passing black stools.
- You have a skin reaction after taking similar medicine.
- You have stomach pain, indigestion and problems in swallowing.
- You are not expected to take the Omez 40 capsule for a longer duration as there are several risks associated with that.
Mode of Action of Omez 40 MG
How Does It Work?
Omeprazole belongs to the class of medicines called proton pump inhibitors. The lining of the stomach secretes acid by certain processes that involve the intake of ions via proton pumps in the cells. Omeprazole reduces the intake of the ions in the stomach cells that are necessary for the production of digestive acids in the stomach and hence leads to reduced acid production....
Directions for Use of Omez 40 MG
- Omez 40 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It should be taken without food preferably in the morning.
Interactions of Omez 40 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Omez 40 capsule may interact with other medicines, discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled. ...
- Concomitant use of Omez 40 capsule with nelfinavir and atazanavir used to treat HIV infection should be avoided. Concomitant use along with antifungals such as posaconazole and anticancer medicine like erlotinib should be avoided....
- There can be increased chances of getting side effects if you are taking a medicine containing digoxin used to treat heart failure along with Omez 40 capsule, especially in elderly patients.
- Other medicines like clopidogrel, cilostazol, phenytoin, saquinavir, tacrolimus, methotrexate, rifampicin, clarithromycin and voriconazole should be used cautiously.
Storage and disposal of Omez 40 MG
- Store below 25°C, protect from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Omez 40 MG
Symptoms of an overdose include nausea, vomiting, dizziness, stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, depression, confusion. Seek urgent medical help if you experience any of the symptoms or think you have taken too much of this medicine....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is gastro-intestinal reflux disorder (GERD)?
A: There is a valve-like structure in between the stomach and food pipe, which allows food to pass from the food pipe into the stomach. In Gastro-intestinal reflux disorder (GERD), the acid from the stomach goes back upwards in the food pipe. This acid causes chest discomfort, pain, burping and damage to the food pipe.
Q: What is Zollinger-Ellison syndrome?
A: Zollinger-Ellison syndrome is a condition of increased acid production in the stomach due to a tumour.
Q: Which medicines are used to treat acid reflux?
A: Proton pump inhibitors (PPIs) are the most used medicines for acid reflux. Omeprazole, Esomeprazole, Rabeprazole, Pantoprazole are few examples of proton pump inhibitors. However, these medicines should only be used after consulting a doctor.
Q: What should I do if I experience heartburn and stomach pain frequently?
A: There are several reasons which may cause heartburn and abdominal pain. Try to observe if a particular dietary ingredient is causing this issue and avoid it. Also, avoid very oily and fried food. Consult a doctor if the problem persists even after this and get proper treatment done. Do not self-medicate.
Q: What is Omez 40 capsule used for?
A: Omez 40 capsule is used for the treatment of chest pain and heartburn due to stomach acid. It is also used in the treatment of several forms of ulcer of the gut and conditions of excessive stomach acid production.
Q: Can Omez 40 capsule be taken before food?
A: Yes, you should always take this medicine at least 40 mins before food, preferably in the morning before breakfast.
Q: What are the side effects of Omez 20 mg?
A: You may experience nausea, diarrhoea, nausea, constipation, headache, flatulence, etc after taking Omez 20 mg.
Q: Can I take Omez 20 during pregnancy?
A: Yes, you can take Omez 20 during pregnancy. However, it is advisable to always consult a doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Q: When should I take my Omez tablet?
A: You should always take Omez tablet at least 40 mins before food, preferably in the morning before breakfast. It should be swallowed whole with a glass of water. Do not chew, crush or break it.
Q: Is Omez an antibiotic?
A: No Omez is not an antibiotic medicine. It is anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat heartburn, stomach and intestinal ulcers, Zollinger-Ellison syndrome and chest pain due to stomach acid reflux disease.
Q: How long does Omez take to work?
A: Omez 20 starts showing its maximum effect within 1-2 hours after taking this medicine. You should start to feel better within 2 to 3 days to work fully and control your symptoms. If you do not feel any improvement within a few days, consult the doctor. The doctor might switch you to a different medicine.
Q: Is Omez good for acidity?
A: Yes, Omez helps reduce acidity. It is used to treat stomach and intestine ulcers, heartburn, GERD and other high acid secretion conditions.
Q: Can I take Omez at night before bed?
A: Omez must be taken in the recommended dosage and frequency as per the doctor's recommendation. Take it as prescribed.
Q: Can omeprazole affect sleep?
A: Omez does not induce sleep or alter the sleep cycle in patients taking it.
Q: Can I take Omez cap twice a day?
A: Omez 40 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
Q: Can dialysis patient take Omez?
A: It is better to discuss with your doctor about all other medicines and conditions before starting Omez 40 capsule.
Q: Can Omez be taken daily?
A: Omez 40 capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor. Follow the instructions given by your doctor.
Q: What should I inform the doctor about before starting the Omez 40 capsule?
- Let your doctor know if you are on any medications or supplements currently. Also, share with him if you have any of the following:
- A personal/family history of stomach cancer, history of any infection, cirrhosis of the liver or any other critical medical condition.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed