Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
10 Brand Options Available
Save Upto 8% more
Certified by Doctors
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of two medicines- Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil. It is used to treat high blood pressure. Avoid taking Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet if you are allergic to it, are more than 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines you take. Also, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
Uses of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is used in treating mild-to-moderate high blood pressure.
Contraindications of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or Olmesartan Medoxomil or any other ingredients of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low heart output, etc.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you have low blood pressure.
Side effects of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Headache, dizziness
- Nausea, vomiting
- Diarrhoea, stomach pain
- Constipation, indigestion
- Swelling of hands, legs, arms, ankles, etc
- Cough, body pain, cramps
- Tiredness, weakness, sleepiness
- Dry mouth, skin rash
- Frequent urination
- Fast or irregular heartbeats
- Difficulty in breathing
- Blurred vision
Precautions and Warnings of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Can I take Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet during pregnancy?
Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet may cause harmful effects in the unborn baby and should be thus avoided. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet while breastfeeding?
Components of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet pass into breastmilk and may cause harm to the unborn baby. Hence, this medicine is not recommended for use while breastfeeding. Consult your doctor before using any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
You may experience visual disturbances, sleepiness and dizziness while taking Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets. Thus, avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
It is unsafe for you to consume alcohol while on treatment with Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet, as it may worsen your side-effects.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from any heart diseases.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is not recommended for patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Both the active components- Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet work by blocking a substance in the body that causes the blood vessels to tighten, relaxing blood vessels and allowing the blood to flow easily.
Directions for Use of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled.Read less
- Simultaneous use of this medicine is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine.Read less
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Medicines like spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along. Thus, they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of medicines like Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) and lithium (used in psychiatric illness) should be avoided.
- Other medicines like Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), Rifampicin (antibiotic), Ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), Verapamil (used to treat heart problems), Tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), Ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with this medicine.Read less
Interactions with food items
You should avoid consuming grapefruit or its juice while on treatment with Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet.
Storage and disposal of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Olmezest AM tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Excess of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets may lead to irregular heartbeats and low blood pressure and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, dehydration, unclear vision.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
In case you’ve missed any dose of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet, take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Avoid taking a double dose to compensate for the missed dose.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
A: Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is a medicine used to lower your blood pressure. It contains Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil as its active ingredient and is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
A: You should plan a balanced diet which has proteins, whole grain fibrous fruits and vegetables. Consult your doctor before starting any diet or food habits. You need to limit carbohydrate, salt and sugar intake. Exercise regularly and reduce weight. You must avoid smoking or drinking.
Q: Should I take Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet with or without food?
A: You must take Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets as directed by your doctor. It can be taken either with or without food.
Q: Can I stop Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet on my own?
A: No, do not stop taking Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet suddenly, as it could worsen your condition of hypertension. Instead, consult your doctor and he/she may adjust your dose as per your needs.
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine.Read less
Last Updated on: 20 Mar 2021 | 09:46 AM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Flat Rs.150 instant discount on HDFC Bank Debit and Credit cards
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved