Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet Description
Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is an anti-hypertensive medicine containing a combination of two medicines- Amlodipine and Olmesartan Medoxomil. It is used to treat high blood pressure. Avoid taking Olmezes
t AM 20 mg tablet if you are allergic to it, are more than 3 months pregnant, have any kidney diseases or are diabetic. Take this medicine in doses and duration as prescribed by the doctor. It can be taken with or without food. Do not miss any dose or take it more than that recommended by the doctor. Before starting Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet, it is mandatory to inform your doctor about your past medical history and medicines you take. Also, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.
|You Save||₹25.95 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Amlodipine(5.0 Mg) + Olmesartan Medoxomil(20.0 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, fatigue, swelling|
- Olmixtro Am 20mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Avighna Medicare Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 89.00₹ 57.8560.71% CHEAPER₹ 5.78/Tablet
- Olmo Am TabletBy Knoll Pharmaceuticals Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 97.50₹ 82.8743.64% CHEAPER₹ 8.29/Tablet
- Pinom A 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Lupin15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 260.00₹ 221.00₹ 14.73/Tablet
- Olcure Am 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Hbc Lifesciences Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 172.00₹ 146.2033.72% CHEAPER₹ 9.75/Tablet
- Olmat 20mg Am Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Micro Labs15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 220.50₹ 187.4215.09% CHEAPER₹ 12.49/Tablet
- Olmesar A 20mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 256.00₹ 217.601.36% CHEAPER₹ 14.51/Tablet
- Olmat Am 20mg TabletBy Micro Labs10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 147.00₹ 124.9515.09% CHEAPER₹ 12.49/Tablet
- Olmetrack Am TabletBy Usv Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.75₹ 119.6418.69% CHEAPER₹ 11.96/Tablet
- Olmighty Am TabletBy Merck Limited10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 82.54₹ 70.1652.28% CHEAPER₹ 7.02/Tablet
- Olmin A 20mg TabletBy Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 140.82₹ 119.7018.63% CHEAPER₹ 11.97/Tablet
Uses of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Contraindications of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Amlodipine or Olmesartan Medoxomil or any other ingredients of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets.
- If you have diabetes or some kidney issues and are taking medicines containing aliskiren to treat your high blood pressure.
- If you suffer from any heart conditions like shock, irregular heartbeats, heart attack, low heart output, etc.
- If you are pregnant for more than 3 months.
- If you have problems with your liver.
- If you have low blood pressure.
Side effects of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Puffy face
Precautions and Warnings of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You are on a low-salt diet.
- You have diarrhoea, vomiting.
- You suffer from any heart diseases.
- You have problems with your kidney or liver.
- You have problems with your adrenal glands.
- Your doctor has told you that you have high blood potassium levels.
- You are on treatment with high doses of water tablets (furosemide, hydrochlorothiazide).
- You are taking other medicines to treat high blood pressure like Ramipril, Lisinopril, Aliskiren, etc.
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet is not recommended for patients less than 18 years of age.
Mode of Action of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water. Do not cut, break or chew the medicine.
- It can be taken with or without food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Simultaneous use of this medicine is not recommended along with other antihypertensive medicines (like prazosin, hydrochlorothiazide, indapamide) may increase the blood pressure-lowering effect of this medicine....
- You should avoid taking medicines (like aliskiren, Captopril, Candesartan) along with this medicine, as it may increase your risk of having more side effects.
- Medicines like spironolactone, potassium supplements may increase your blood potassium level if taken along. Thus, they should not be used simultaneously.
- Concomitant use of medicines like Dantrolene (used to treat muscle stiffness and spasms) and lithium (used in psychiatric illness) should be avoided.
- Other medicines like Ketoconazole (used to treat fungal infection), Rifampicin (antibiotic), Ritonavir (used to treat HIV infection), Verapamil (used to treat heart problems), Tacrolimus (used to increase your immune system), Ciclosporin (used to suppress your immune system) should be used with caution along with this medicine....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Olmezest AM tablets should be stored at room temperature, protected from moisture and heat.
- Keep them out of the reach and sight of children and pets.
- Do not use expired or damaged medicines.
- Discard unused medicine properly. Do not flush it in the toilet or throw it into the drain.
Dosage of Olmezest Am 20mg Tablet
- Excess of Olmezest AM 20 mg tablets may lead to irregular heartbeats and low blood pressure and you may experience symptoms like dizziness, nausea, unconsciousness, dehydration, unclear vision.
- Seek urgent medical help if you experience any symptoms or feel you have taken too much of this medicine.
Missed a Dose
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
Q: What lifestyle changes should I make to control high blood pressure?
Q: Should I take Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet with or without food?
Q: Can I stop Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet on my own?
Q: What should I discuss with my healthcare expert before taking Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet?
- Inform the doctor about your detailed medical & surgical history.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart, liver or kidney disease.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to have a baby.
- Olmezest AM 20 mg tablet may interact with other medicines. Hence, inform your doctor if you are taking any other medicines, including supplements or herbal products. Also, inform your doctor if you are stopping any medicine....
- Sevikar 20 mg/5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- Sevikar 20 mg/5 mg Film-Coated Tablets - (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 22 June 2022]