By BMW PHARMACO INDIA PVT LTD
30ml Syrup in Bottle
Price to be Updated
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Oflopip Syp contains Ofloxacin, which belongs to the group of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones.
Uses of Oflopip Syp
- Respiratory infections (pneumonia, bronchitis)
- Urinary tract infection
- Inflammation of bladder (Cystitis)
- Gonorrhoea (Sexually transmitted disease in both male and female genital organs)
- Other infection of genital organs in male and female
Contraindications of Oflopip Syp
- If you are allergic to Ofloxacin or any other ingredients of this medicine
- If you are allergic to the class of medicines called Fluoroquinolone
- If you have a history of fits (epilepsy)
- If you have problems related to tendon (tissue connecting muscles to bones) like inflammation and swelling of the tendons (tendonitis)
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby or if you are breastfeeding
- If your age is less than 18 years
- If you have Glucose-6-Phosphate Dehydrogenase deficiency (an inherited disorder that affects red blood cells) or a family history of this deficiency
Side effects of Oflopip Syp
- Stomach pain
- Anxiety or nervousness
- Sleeping disorder
- Inflammation of pharynx and nasal cavity (Nasopharyngitis)
- Itchy skin (Pruritus)
Precautions and Warnings of Oflopip Syp
Can I take Oflopip Syp during pregnancy?
- It is unsafe to take this medicine in pregnancy
- Do not take Oflopip Syp if you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby
- If you conceive while taking this medicine, stop taking this medicine immediately and inform your doctor
Can I take Oflopip Syp while breastfeeding?
Oflopip Syp can pass into human breast milk and can cause serious harm to your baby. Hence, breastfeeding should be discontinued while you are taking this medicine.
Can I drive if I have consumed Oflopip Syp?
- You may experience drowsiness, dizziness and visual disturbances when you are taking this medicine
- You should not drive or use any tools or machines while taking this medicine
Can I consume alcohol with Oflopip Syp?
You should not drink alcohol while taking this medicine, as alcohol may worsen the side effects like drowsiness or dizziness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience pain, swelling or weakness of joints
- Your age is more than 60 years, then chances of tendon disorders is high
- You have myasthenia gravis; you may experience weakness and difficulty in breathing
- You have a history of mental illness, fits
- You have liver or kidney disorders
- You are suffering from diabetes, you need to be careful as a drop in blood glucose can occur, watch for headache, weakness, tremors, sweating
- You are going out in the sun, cover your skin properly and apply sunscreen
Mode of Action of Oflopip Syp
How Does It Work?
This medicine inhibits bacterial DNA, thereby restricting their growth and eventually killing the bacteria.
Directions for Use of Oflopip Syp
- Take medicine as directed by your doctor
- Shake well before use
- Read the instructions on the label carefully before taking the medicine
Interactions of Oflopip Syp
Interactions with other medicines
- Medicines that alter heart rhythm like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, Amiodarone, Sotalol, Dofetilide, Ibutilide
- Medicines used to treat depression like Clomipramine, Cmitriptyline
- Antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin, Azithromycin
- Medicines used to treat mental health conditions like schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
- Medicines or dietary supplements that contain iron, aluminium, magnesium, or sucralfate. Ofloxacin should not be taken within two hours of taking these medicines as they reduce the effect of this medicineread less
- Medicines known as Corticosteroids used to treat inflammation and swelling
- Medicines used as painkillers like Ibruprofen or Diclofenac
- Medicines used to treat respiratory diseases like Theophylline
- Medicines used to treat diabetes like Glibenclamide, Furosemide
- Medicines that may affect your kidney functions like Methotrexate, Cimentidine, Probenicid
- Medicines used as blood thinners like Warfarin
- Medicine used to treat HIV infections like Didanose
Interactions with food items
This medicine can be taken with or without food, as no known interaction is reported.
Storage and disposal of Oflopip Syp
- Store Oflopip Syp at room temperature
- Protect it from direct sunlight
- Please keep it away from children
Dosage of Oflopip Syp
- If you take more medicine than prescribed, this medicine may cause confusion, dizziness, impairment of consciousness, fits, nausea and gastric mucosal erosions (inflammation of mucous membrane of stomach lining).read less
- Contact your doctor immediately in case of overdose, or rush to the nearest hospital.
Missed a Dose
- If you missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What should I remember while taking Oflopip Syp?
A: Do not take any medicine to stop the diarrhea if you develop watery or bloody diarrhea while taking Ofloxacin. Stop the medicine and inform your doctor immediately Avoid going out in the sun. Wear a protective covering or use a sunscreen (SPF 30 or 40) to prevent sunburn Inform your doctor if you experience redness, itching, rash, swelling after exposure to sun
Last Updated on: 31 Jul 2020 | 07:00 PM (IST)
1 Lakh+ Products
100% secure and trusted payment protection
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved