Nodon H Tablet
Nodon H Tablet Description
Nodon H Tablet is a combination medicine used to treat high blood pressure when it cannot be managed using single medicine. It is a combination of hydrochlorothiazide and nebivolol, as its active com
ponents that belong to an anti-hypertensive class of medicines. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels and increasing diuresis, which works synergistically to lower the raised blood pressure. This medicine is not advised in women who are pregnant or lactating. This medicine is to be taken in dosage and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Before starting Nodon H Tablet tablet, inform the doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about your detailed medical history.
|You Save||₹27.08 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Nebivolol(5.0 Mg) + Hydrochlorothiazide(12.5 Mg)|
|Uses||High blood pressure|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, nausea, tiredness, swollen hands or feet|
Uses of Nodon H Tablet
Contraindications of Nodon H Tablet
- If you are allergic to hydrochlorothiazide and nebivolol or any other ingredient of this medicine.
- If you have any pre-existing health condition such as liver or kidney problem, any kind of heart disorder, breathing problem like asthma, low blood pressure, electrolyte imbalance etc.
- If you are experiencing heartbeats slower than regular (bradycardia).
- If you have poor blood circulation in the arms and legs.
- If you are suffering from metabolic acidosis (excessive acid production in the body due to the body's inability to excrete acid/imbalance in the body's acid-base levels).
- If you have kidney disease due to which you are not producing enough urine.
- If you have a tumor on top of the kidney (phaeochromocytoma).
- If you have high uric acid level or gout symptoms.
Side effects of Nodon H Tablet
- Tingling or pricking sensation
- Swelling of hands and feet
Precautions and Warnings of Nodon H Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any kind of pre-existing health condition such as heart-related disorder, liver or kidney problem, low blood pressure, diabetes, immune disorder, psoriasis, thyroid problem, etc.
- You are already taking any medications on a regular basis.
- You have poor blood circulation in the arm or legs (like Raynaud’s disease).
- You are allergic to anything such as pollen etc.
- You have prolonged breathing problems or lung problems.
- You have a history of skin cancer or develop any skin lesions during the treatment.
- You experience eye pain or vision problems during the treatment.
- You experience rash, itching or sensitive skin during treatment. Because this medicine may cause skin sensitivity to light.
- This medicine may affect the electrolyte balance. The doctor might ask for regular blood tests to keep a check on it.
Mode of Action of Nodon H Tablet
How Does It Work?
- Nodon H Tablet works by the combined action of its two active components.
- Nebivolol belongs to the class of medicine beta-blockers which block a specific receptor in the blood vessel, expanding the blood vessels and decreasing the heart rate due to which the blood pressure decreases....
- Hydrochlorothiazide belongs to the diuretic class of medicines. It acts by increasing the production of urine and loss of water and salt from the body, thereby lowering the blood pressure. Both the medicines act by different mechanisms resulting in effective control of blood pressure....
Directions for Use of Nodon H Tablet
- You can take Nodon H Tablet independently of meals, with or without meals, as advised by the doctor.
- Swallow the tablet with a glass of water.
- It is recommended to take the medicine at a fixed time every day for best results.
Interactions of Nodon H Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way the Nodon H Tablet tablet works or this combination of medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Nodon H Tablet can reduce the effect of certain medicines if taken along such as antidiabetic medicines, anti-gout medicines or medicine used to treat low blood pressure like noradrenalin etc.
- Nodon H can enhance the effect or cause toxicity if taken along with certain medications such as anti-allergic medicine, heart-related medicines, laxative, diuretics, anti-ulcer medicines, immunosuppressants, calcium supplements, anti-cancer medicines, anti-malarial medicines, muscle relaxants, steroids etc....
- Nodon H can affect the blood pressure or heart functions if taken along with other antihypertensive medicines, heart-related medicines, anti-depressants, antispasmodic medicines or brain-related medicines etc....
Storage and disposal of Nodon H Tablet
- Store this medicine below 30°C.
- Keep this medicine in the original container to protect it from light and moisture.