Nitrocontin 2.6mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
By MODI MUNDI PHARMA PVT LTD
30 Tablet(s) in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is an anti-anginal medicine used to prevent chest pain due to blockages in the vessels that supply blood to the heart. It contains glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin as its active component. Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet acts as a vasodilator by dilating and relaxing the blood vessels of the heart, thus reducing the pressure on the heart by making it easier to pump blood. You should take this medicine exactly as advised by your doctor. Take this medicine at the same time every day to gain optimum benefits. You should never stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor, as it may increase your risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor about all your medical conditions and medication history....
|You Save||₹50.76 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(2.6 Mg)|
|Uses||Chest pain (angina)|
|Side effects||Headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Nitroglycerin / Glyceryl Trinitrate(2.6 Mg)
Uses of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is used for the prevention of chest pain (angina pectoris) due to blockages in the vessels that supply blood to the heart (coronary artery disease).
Contraindications of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- If you are allergic to glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin or any other component of Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet.
- If you have a condition of low red blood cells called anaemia.
- If you recently had head trauma or brain haemorrhage resulting in increased pressure within the brain.
- If you have increased pressure in the eye called glaucoma.
- If you are taking medicines called sildenafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil that are used for the treatment of erection problems.
- If you have any heart disease.
Side effects of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Can I take Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet during pregnancy. You should not take this medicine unless prescribed by your doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet while breastfeeding?
No information is available if Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet passes into human breast milk. You should not take this medicine unless recommended by your doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet?
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet may cause dizziness. If you experience any such effects after taking this medicine that may affect your ability to drive safely, it is suggested to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet?
No, alcohol should not be consumed while on treatment with Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet as it may lead to side effects like dizziness, headache, and drowsiness.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver, heart, or kidney problems.
- You have a low body temperature (hypothermia).
- You have poor nutrition due to an unbalanced diet or digestion problems.
- You have abnormally low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- You have or had any condition affecting the blood supply to the brain.
- You have low blood pressure, low blood volume, or conditions that lower blood volume in the heart.
Mode of Action of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
How Does It Work?
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is a nitrate that acts by releasing nitric oxide which relaxes the blood vessels. This reduces the pressure on the heart and decreases the oxygen demand of the heart thereby preventing angina attack (chest pain)....
Directions for Use of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets should be consumed as advised by your doctor.
- You should swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Take this medicine preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Interactions of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet works or Nitrocontin 2.6 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood clots, erection problems, other vasodilators, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Storage and disposal of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Symptoms of overdose of Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets include headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and low blood pressure. If you think you had too much of this medicine, reach out to the doctor immediately....
Missed a Dose
If you have missed any dose of medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet if I feel better?
A: No, you should never stop taking Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet. Abrupt stopping of this medicine may result in angina attack (sudden chest pain) and other conditions resulting in heart attack and difficulty in breathing. Your doctor will gradually reduce the dose of the medicine before stopping the medicine completely. Talk to your doctor for more advice.
Q: Is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet taken sublingually?
- No, you should not place Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet under the tongue or hold it in the mouth until it dissolves. You should swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the medicine.
Q: Can I take a Viagra tablet if I am taking Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet?
A: No, you should not take Viagra tablet along with Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet as it may cause a blood pressure-lowering effect. Viagra tablet contains sildenafil. Concomitant use of both the medicine may result in life-threatening conditions.
Q: Is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet a blood thinner?
- No, Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is not a blood thinner medicine. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing the blood pressure, in the condition of chest pain (angina).
Q: Can I give Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet during a heart attack?
A: No, Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets may not be effective to treat heart attacks. During the episode of heart attack, sublingual medicines are most effective as they have a faster onset of action. Talk to your doctor for more information.
Q: What is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet used for?
A: Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is used for the prevention of chest pain (angina pectoris) due to blockages in the vessels that supply blood to the heart (coronary artery disease).
Q: When should Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet be taken?
A: Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet can be taken with or without food. However, you should take this medicine exactly as recommended by your doctor. Take this medicine at the same time every day to gain optimum benefits.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.