Nitrocontin 2.6mg Bottle Of 30 Tablets
Nitrocontin 2.6 MG Description
Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is a medication used to prevent chest pain caused by blockages in the blood vessels that supply blood to the heart. Its active component is glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin, which acts as a vasodilator to widen and relax the heart's blood vessels. This reduces pressure on the heart, making it easier to pump blood.
You should take this medicine exactly as advised by your doctor. Take this medicine at the same time every day to gain optimum benefits. Other medications that contain glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin as an active component include Nitrolong CR tablet, Monit GTN tablet, GTN Sorbitrate CR tablet, Myonit SR tablet and Angiwell tablet.
You should never stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor, as it may increase your risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor about all your medical conditions and medication history.
Uses of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Contraindications of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- If you are allergic to glyceryl trinitrate/nitroglycerin or any other component of Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet.
- If you have a condition of low red blood cells called anaemia.
- If you recently had head trauma or brain haemorrhage resulting in increased pressure within the brain.
- If you have increased pressure in the eye called glaucoma.
- If you are taking medicines called sildenafil, tadalafil, or vardenafil they are used for the treatment of erection problems.
- If you have any heart disease.
Side effects of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have liver, heart, or kidney problems.
- You have a low body temperature (hypothermia).
- You have poor nutrition due to an unbalanced diet or digestion problems.
- You have abnormally low levels of oxygen in the blood.
- You have or had any condition affecting the blood supply to the brain.
- You have low blood pressure, low blood volume, or conditions that lower blood volume in the heart.
Directions for Use of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Nitrocontin 2.6 tablets should be consumed as advised by your doctor.
- You should swallow this medicine as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not chew, crush, or break the tablet.
- Take this medicine preferably at the same time every day.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
Storage and disposal of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pets.
Quick Tips of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
- Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is used for the prevention of chest pain due to blockages in the vessels that supply blood to the heart.
- Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as recommended. Do not take more than the prescribed dose.
- You should never stop taking this medicine on your own without consulting your doctor, as it may increase your risk of heart-related complications.
- Nitrocontin 2.6 MG tablet can interact with other medications, so inform your doctor about all the medications you are taking.
- Do not stop taking this tablet abruptly, as this can cause withdrawal symptoms. If you want to stop taking Nitrocontin 2.6 MG tablets, consult your doctor first.
- This tablet may cause headaches, drowsiness, and nausea. If these symptoms persist or worsen, contact your doctor.
- You can make some lifestyle changes while taking this medication to improve your health, such as giving up smoking, consuming less alcohol, exercising regularly, and adhering to a healthy, balanced diet....
Dosage of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Missed a Dose
Mode of Action of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
How Does It Work?
Interactions of Nitrocontin 2.6 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet works or Nitrocontin 2.6 itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood clots, erection problems, other vasodilators, painkillers, immunomodulatory medicines, or medicines for brain-related disorders....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I stop using Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet if I feel better?
Q: Is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet taken sublingually?
- No, you should not place Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet under the tongue or hold it in the mouth until it dissolves. You should swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not chew the medicine.
Q: Can I take a Viagra tablet if I am taking Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet?
Q: Is Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet a blood thinner?
- No, Nitrocontin 2.6 tablet is not a blood thinner medicine. This medicine acts by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby decreasing the blood pressure, in the condition of chest pain (angina).