Nitrest 5mg Tablet
By SUN PHARMA
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
We do not sell this product
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nitrest 5 mg helps with short term insomnia (the inability to fall or remain asleep). Insomnia may cause you to wake up earlier than usual, and you may find it difficult to fall back asleep. Nitrest 5 mg is a hypnotic and sedative medication with Zolpidem 10mg as the active ingredient. The prescription medicine has habit-forming potential if used for a long time. To know the food interactions of Nitrest, talk to your physician. Contact your doctor if you suffer any of the side effects or if your symptoms last for an extended length of time....
Uses of Nitrest 5 MG
- Treatment of insomnia.
- Managing symptoms of sleep disorders and midnight awakening.
Contraindications of Nitrest 5 MG
- If you have a known allergy to zolpidem or other active ingredients in it, then do not take this medicine.
- If you have a history of depression, mental disorder, or suicidal thoughts, avoid taking Nitrest 5mg.
- If you have myasthenia gravis, then this medicine can increase the risk of adverse effects.
- If you have severe liver or renal impairment, do not take this medicine as it can increase the risk of the patient's condition worsening.
- If you have a respiratory illness, take this medicine with caution due to the increased risk of severe side effects.
Side effects of Nitrest 5 MG
Precautions and Warnings of Nitrest 5 MG
Can I take Nitrest during pregnancy?
No. This medication is not safe during pregnancy. It has the potential to cause respiratory distress in newborns. Pregnant women should only take this medication if the psychiatrist finds it necessary. Before taking any prescription, talk to your doctor about the benefits and hazards.
Can I take Nitrest while breastfeeding?
No. This medicine can pass through breast milk. It is only given to pregnant women if it is essential. Excess sleep, fragility, and other behavioural problems must all be monitored.
Can I drive if I have taken Nitrest?
No. As a result of taking Nitrest, some people may develop blurred vision or dizziness. Avoid activities such as driving a car or operating machinery if you have any of these symptoms.
Can I consume alcohol with Nitrest?
No. Alcohol should not be used while taking Nitrest since it might cause dizziness, exhaustion, and problems with concentration. If you drink alcohol while taking this medication, you should avoid doing anything that requires mental focus, such as driving a car or operating heavy machinery.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You should not give this medicine to children and those below 18 years as the safety and efficacy of this medicine is not clinically verified in this age group.
- You have suicidal thoughts.
- You have any symptoms like trouble breathing, hives, or irritation of the neck, face, or lips.
- You are consuming any allopathic or non-allopathic medication for the same or a different disease condition.
- You are currently pregnant/breastfeeding or are planning a pregnancy in the near future.
Mode of Action of Nitrest 5 MG
How Does It Work?
Zolpidem, the primary chemical component that works in the brain to help you feel peaceful. Melatonin is a hormone generated by the body that regulates the sleep-wake cycle and encourages sleep. Zolpidem is a sedative that causes nerve cells in the brain to slow down, allowing you to sleep for extended periods. This is done by the component of the medicine, which blocks omega-1 type gamma-Aminobutyric acid (GABA) receptors. As a result, the action potential of the brain cell’s membrane is inhibited, and sleep is induced....
Directions for Use of Nitrest 5 MG
- Follow your doctor's directions for Nitrest dosage and duration.
- Take the whole pill at once. It is not a chewable tablet; do not cut, crush or break it in any way.
- It is not advised for long-term use because it can become addictive.
- To keep a consistent amount of medicine in your blood, take your medicine at the same time every day.
- Do not take Nitrest after a heavy meal or after eating food with high fat content.
- Ideally, Nitrest 5mg should be taken on an empty stomach before bed.
Interactions of Nitrest 5 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- When taking Nitrest or other benzodiazepines, you should avoid opioids such as morphine, codeine, tramadol, and hydrocodone, as well as any cough treatments containing these medications. As co-administration can cause sedation, dyspnea, and fluctuations in blood pressure....
- If this medication is taken together with anti-hypertensive medicines, it can lead to hypotensive symptoms like dizziness and lightheadedness. Blood pressure monitoring is needed regularly.
- Because of the increased metabolism of Nitrest, antimicrobials like Rifampicin significantly reduce the effects of Nitrest.
- Anticonvulsants like Phenytoin decrease the level of Nitrest 5mg by altering its metabolism.
- Ritonavir and Nelfinavir belonging to the protease inhibitor class have inhibitory interactions with Nitrest.
- Antitubercular agents like Isoniazid will magnify the effects and metabolism of Nitrest tablet.
- Nevirapine belonging to a class of medications called non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs) interact with Nitrest 5mg by reducing their metabolic activity.
Interactions with food items
- Food interaction of Nitrest is seen with grapefruit juice. It can increase the severity of side effects.
- Avoid taking Nitrest with high-fat foods or after heavy meals.
Storage and disposal of Nitrest 5 MG
Medicines should be stored below 30 degrees, out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Do not freeze medicines unless the box inserts states otherwise. Keep Nitrest 5mg safely in cabinets where children cannot reach them. Do not flush or pour medications down the toilet or into the drainage. The disposal of medication in this manner can damage the water resources. Please consult your pharmacist or doctor for more advice on disposing of Nitrest. Meds that have expired may no longer be effective in treating the illnesses. To be on the safe side, avoid using expired medications....
Dosage of Nitrest 5 MG
Drowsiness, confusion, coordination issues, lax muscles, slow or difficult breathing, and even coma are all symptoms of overdose. If you feel you have taken an overdose, consult your psychiatrist.
Missed a Dose
If you miss a dose of Nitrest, take it as soon as possible. If your next dose is approaching, skip the missed dose, resume your dosage schedule. At a time, take no more than one dose. Omit the missed dose and get back on track with your regular dosing plan If your next dose is approaching. If you've missed too many doses recently, talk to your doctor about altering or setting a new dosage plan to make up for missed doses. Even if you feel better, you should never miss a dose and complete the entire course of treatment....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Will Nitrest get me high?
A: No. However, this medication has a soothing impact on the brain and helps you go asleep. If taken over an extended period, Nitrest might render a person dependent to the point that they are unable to sleep or function normally without it.
Q: Can I take Nitrest with painkillers?
A: No. Do not use Nitrest with hydrocodone or other opioid pain relievers like oxycodone, naloxone, or tramadol since co-administration of these medicines with Nitrest can cause breathing problems, drowsiness, coma, and even death. You should consult your doctor before using Nitrest with other medications.
Q: Is it possible to stop using this product all at once, or must I wean myself off it gradually?
A: No. If you suddenly stop taking this medication, you risk experiencing unpleasant side effects like convulsions, behavioural changes, tremors, and anxiety. A gradual dose reduction is done to avoid these negative effects.
- Chaves RG, Lamounier JA. Breastfeeding and maternal medications. J Pediatr (Rio J) [Internet]. 2004 [cited 2022 Feb 19];80(5 Suppl):S189-98. Available from
- DailyMed - AMBIEN- zolpidem tartrate tablet, film coated [Internet]. Nih.gov. [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
- Drugs.com. [cited 2022 Feb 19]. Available from:
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.