Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel Description
Nioclean AD Gel contains a combination of adapalene and clindamycin. It is used to treat acne or pimples. Do not squeeze a pimple as it may lead to bacteria, pus spreading on the skin that can lead t
the spread of acne and acne scar. It is meant only for external application and should be applied exactly as recommended by your doctor. Wash your hands before and after applying the gel. Avoid excessive use of makeup, other products on your skin when using this gel. It may take a few weeks to improve the symptoms but you need to complete the entire course of the medicine. Do not stop the medicine suddenly, even if you feel better, as it may increase the risk of reoccurrence of the symptoms.
Uses of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Contraindications of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
- If you are allergic to adapalene, clindamycin or any of the components of Nioclean AD gel.
- If you are pregnant or are planning to have a baby.
- If you have a history of inflammatory bowel disease (symptoms include diarrhoea, fever, tiredness, stomach pain or cramps, blood in stools).
- If you have experienced diarrhoea upon antibiotic use.
Side effects of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Precautions and Warnings of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Other General Warnings
- You experience bloody diarrhoea during or after treatment with Nioclean AD gel.
- You experience an allergic reaction after using this gel.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (cream, ointment, lotion, etc).
- You are suffering from any other skin infections or conditions
- You must avoid being in the sunlight for too long.
- You do not notice any improvement in your condition after applying this medicine for a week.
- Do not use this medicine on cuts, scratches, sunburns, etc.
- Do not let the gel get into your eyes, nose, mouth or on your hair. If it happens, rinse it with water thoroughly.
- Nioclean AD gel is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.
Mode of Action of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
How Does It Work?
- Clindamycin works by inhibiting the protein synthesis in the bacteria responsible for causing infection and thus killing the growth of bacteria that cause pimple or acne.
- Adapalene acts by inhibiting the rooting of pimples inside the skin and decreases swelling and redness and also removes dead skin cells and enhances deeper penetration of clindamycin.
Directions for Use of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
- Nioclean AD gel is meant for external use only.
- Use it as directed by your doctor or pharmacist.
- Apply the gel on a healthy skin surface, free from cuts and wounds.
- Read the instructions on the label or leaflet before use.
- Wash your hands before and after using this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- Avoid contact with your eyes or nose.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Interactions with other medicines
- Nioclean AD gel is meant to be applied on the skin and thus is less likely to interact with other medicines taken by mouth.
- However, it may interact with other topically applied medicines (lotion, cream, gel, etc). Discuss with your doctor if you are already using another topical medicine.
- Be cautious if you are taking medicines like succinylcholine, rocuronium as they may interact with Nioclean AD gel.
Storage and disposal of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Dosage of Nioclean Ad Tube Of 15gm Gel
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Nioclean AD gel be used by children?
Q: What should I do if my eyes come in contact with Nioclean AD gel?
Q: What precautions do I need to take before applying Nioclean AD gel?
- Do not use Nioclean AD gel for a longer time than that suggested by your doctor.
- Do not apply it on cuts, open wounds or sunburned skin.
- Do not use it in or around the eyes, lips or inside the nose.
- Rub in gently and well on the infected part of the skin.
- Wash your hands before and after the application of this gel unless your hands are the area to be treated.
Q: For how long do I need to use Nioclean AD gel?
Q: Will Nioclean AD gel be more effective if I apply it more?
- Differin Gel - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Differin Gel - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]
- Dalacin T Topical Lotion or Clindamycin Phosphate Topical Lotion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 30 July 2021]