Nicostar 10mg Tablet
Nicostar 10 MG Description
Nicostar Tablet is used to treat and prevent chest pain that is related to the heart. It contains nicorandil as an active ingredient. Take this medicine only after consulting the doctor. It should be
taken in dose and duration as prescribed. You should never stop taking this medicine without consulting your doctor, as it may increase the risk of heart-related complications. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from, before starting Nicostar Tablet.
- Nicostar 10mg Bottle Of 30 TabletsBy Lupin30 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 467.20₹ 397.12₹
- Nicoduce 10mg TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd20 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 604.08₹ 513.47₹
- Kion 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Nouveau Medicament Pvt Ltd10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 77.90₹ 66.21₹
- Kcor 10mg Bottle Of 20 TabletsBy Macleods Pharmaceuticals20 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 494.25₹ 420.11₹
- Nikoran 10mg Bottle Of 20 TabletsBy Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd20 Tablet(s) in BottleMRP 613.00₹ 521.05₹
- Korandil 10mg Strip Of 10 TabletsBy Sun Pharma10 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 246.00₹ 209.10₹
Uses of Nicostar 10 MG
Contraindications of Nicostar 10 MG
- If you are allergic to Nicorandil or any other components of Nicostar Tablet
- If you have a low blood pressure
- If you are suffering from any heart problems
- If your doctor has told you that you have a build-up of fluid in your lung
- If you are taking medications like vardenafil, sildenafil, etc. to treat impotency or riociguat to treat a lung disease
Side effects of Nicostar 10 MG
- Skin redness
Precautions and Warnings of Nicostar 10 MG
Other General Warnings
- You have low blood pressure.
- You are suffering from some heart condition.
- You have problems with your kidney.
- You have a blood enzyme deficiency (glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency).
- You have a low blood potassium level and are on medications for it.
- You notice red, itchy, swollen eyes, experience mouth ulcers, blood in your stools or vomit, etc. after taking Nicostar Tablet.
- Nicostar Tablet is not recommended to be used in children.
Mode of Action of Nicostar 10 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nicostar 10 MG
Interactions of Nicostar 10 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- You need to mention all the medicines you take including herbal, vitamins & mineral supplements to your doctor before starting Nicostar Tablet.
- This medicine should not be used simultaneously with medicine like sildenafil, vardenafil (used to treat sexual problems in men), riociguat (used in lung and heart diseases) as it may lead to a serious drop in blood pressure....
- This medicine may alter the effects of certain medicines like captopril (used in heart diseases), Amitriptyline (used to treat mental health) when used concomitantly.
- Medicines like dapoxetine (used in men to treat sexual problems), prednisone (used in asthma) should be used with caution along with this medicine.
- This medicine when taken concomitantly along with painkillers like acetylsalicylic acid, naproxen, ibuprofen may increase the risk of complications like bleeding, ulcers in the stomach, and intestines. ...
- You need to be very cautious when taking this medicine along with other medicines that may increase your potassium levels.
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Nicostar 10 MG
Dosage of Nicostar 10 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Nicostar blood thinner?
Q: Can I stop using Nicostar Tablet if I feel better after taking this medicine?
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Ikorel 10mg Tablets - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- CDSCO - Nicorandil [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Nicorandil [Internet]. Lhch.nhs.uk. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]
- Nicorandil - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics [Internet]. Sciencedirect.com. 2022 [cited 12 May 2022]