Nexpro It Capsule
By TORRENT PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Nexpro It Capsule Description
Nexpro IT capsule is an anti-reflux medicine that is used to treat acid reflux. Acid reflux is a condition where your stomach acid moves back up into your food pipe. This reflux can cause a burning s
ensation in your chest, chest pain and difficulty swallowing. Nexpro IT capsule contains a combination of esomeprazole and itopride as the active substances that work by reducing the amount of acid that your stomach produces. Nexpro IT capsule should not be used in children less than 12 years of age. Take this medicine in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor. Do not stop taking this medicine on your own.
|You Save||₹23.00 (15% on MRP)|
|Contains||Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg) + Itopride(150.0 Mg)|
|Side effects||Headache, stomach pain, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting|
Check more medicines with composition as Esomeprazole(40.0 Mg) + Itopride(150.0 Mg)
Uses of Nexpro It Capsule
Nexpro IT capsule is used for the treatment of acid reflux in individuals above 12 years of age.
Contraindications of Nexpro It Capsule
- If you are allergic to esomeprazole, itopride or any other ingredient of Nexpro IT capsule.
- If you are allergic to other proton pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, omeprazole. If you are not sure what these medicines are, please confirm with your doctor.
- If you are taking a medicine called nelfinavir for the treatment of HIV infection.
- If you have holes, blockage or bleeding from your stomach/intestine.
Side effects of Nexpro It Capsule
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nexpro It Capsule
Can I take Nexpro IT capsule during pregnancy?
There is limited information on the effect of Nexpro IT capsule in pregnancy. Nexpro IT capsule should only be used in pregnant women if recommended by the doctor after assessing the need and the risk.
Can I take Nexpro IT capsule while breastfeeding?
No information is available on whether Nexpro IT capsule passes into human breast milk. This medicine should not be used in breastfeeding women unless recommended by the doctor.
Can I drive if I have consumed Nexpro IT capsule?
Nexpro IT capsule may have an effect on driving ability. If you experience symptoms like dizziness or weakness which may affect your ability to drive safely, it is advised to avoid driving.
Can I consume alcohol with Nexpro IT capsule?
There is limited information available regarding the interaction of alcohol with Nexpro IT capsule. Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Nexpro IT capsule.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have liver or kidney problems.
- You have had a skin reaction after treatment with a medicine that reduces stomach acid.
- You are scheduled to have a specific blood test called Chromogranin A.
- You are taking medicines called corticosteroids (medicine for immune system alteration) or atazanavir (a medicine used to treat HIV infection).
- You have weak bones.
- You lose a lot of weight and have problems swallowing after taking this medicine.
- You experience stomach pain or indigestion after taking this medicine.
- You begin to vomit food or blood after the use of this medicine.
- You pass black stools (blood-stained stools) after using this medicine.
- You develop rashes on your skin, especially in the areas exposed to the sun.
- You experience joint pain after taking this medicine.
- You have a deficiency of Vitamin B12 or magnesium in your body.
- You experience symptoms like dizziness, weakness, abnormal heart rhythm after using this medicine.
Mode of Action of Nexpro It Capsule
How Does It Work?
- Nexpro IT capsule contains esomeprazole and itopride as active substances.
- Esomeprazole prevents the action of a substance called hydrogen-potassium-ATPase that is responsible for the production of acid in the stomach.
- Itopride increases the muscular contractions of the digestive tract which helps food to move faster through the body.
Directions for Use of Nexpro It Capsule
- Take this medicine as a whole with sufficient water.
- Always take this medicine exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not consume more than the prescribed dose.
- Do not discontinue the medicine on your own without consulting your doctor.
Interactions of Nexpro It Capsule
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Nexpro IT capsule works or Nexpro IT capsule itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Particular care should be taken if you are taking medicines to treat HIV infection (atazanavir, saquinavir), cancer (methotrexate, erlotinib), immune system alteration (tacrolimus), fungal infections (ketoconazole), bacterial infections (clarithromycin), heart failure (digoxin), fits/seizures (phenytoin), depression (imipramine, citalopram, St. John's wort), obsessive-compulsive disorder (clomipramine), anxiety (diazepam), poor blood circulation (cilostazol), blood clots (warfarin, clopidogrel), tuberculosis (rifampicin), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (ipratropium). ...
- The use of Nexpro IT capsule with cisapride may increase the levels of cisapride in the body.
Storage and disposal of Nexpro It Capsule
- Store in a cool and dry place below 25°C, away from direct sunlight.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Nexpro It Capsule
The symptoms of overdose of Nexpro IT capsule include weakness, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, diarrhoea. If you think you have taken too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
You should never miss your dose of anti-reflux medicines as it may cause acid reflux. If you missed any dose of the medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose to compensate for the missed one....
Dr. Arpit Verma
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Are acid reflux and heartburn the same?
A: Acid reflux is a condition where your stomach acid moves back up into your food pipe. This reflux can cause a burning sensation in your chest which is known as heartburn.
Q: What are the common causes of acid reflux?
A: The common causes of acid reflux include eating spicy foods, acidic foods, foods that are high in fat, overeating and obesity. Acid reflux can also be due to underlying stomach infections.
Q: For how long should I take Nexpro IT capsule?
A: You should take Nexpro IT capsule for as long as recommended by your doctor. This will depend on your condition, how old you are and on your symptoms.
Q: How does acid reflux make you cough?
A: When the acid during reflux passes into the food pipe, tiny droplets of acid may fall in the throat, causing you to cough.
Q: What is the difference between Nexpro 40 tablet and Nexpro IT capsule?
A: Both Nexpro 40 tablet and Nexpro IT capsule are used for the treatment of acid reflux. Nexpro 40 tablet contains esomeprazole as the active substance while Nexpro IT capsule contains a combination of esomeprazole and itopride as the active substances.
Q: Can I take alcohol with Nexpro IT capsule?
A: Ask your doctor for advice on alcohol intake along with Nexpro IT capsule.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed