Nexito 20mg Tablet
Nexito 20 MG Description
Nexito Tablet is a medicine used to treat depression. Other uses of Nexito Tablet include treatment of Generalized Anxiety Disorders characterised by excessive tension affecting daily life, obsessive
-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, etc. The main ingredient of Nexito Tablet is citalopram. A person suffering from depression experiences a keen loss of interest in daily activities and feels low on energy, and will constantly. Nexito Tablet works by increasing the levels of serotonin in the brain. This chemical is known to reduce anxiety and create a mental balance. Nexito Tablet should be swallowed as a whole according to the dosage and duration advised by the doctor. It can be taken with food or even without food. However, it is safer to take the dose at the same time daily. It takes a few weeks before you see the positive results of the medicine. Do not discontinue the medication without consulting your doctor, even if you feel better. This tablet is not given to children below 12 years of age. Nexito Tablet can cause decreased appetite and weight loss. Take good care of your health and eating habits while taking Nexito Tablets. Other side effects of Nexito Tablet include increased sweating, dizziness, increased urination, thirst, etc.
Uses of Nexito 20 MG
- Anxiety disorder
- Panic disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
Contraindications of Nexito 20 MG
- If you’re suffering from any allergy to citalopram.
- If you are allergic to Monoamine oxidase inhibitors. (A group of medications used to treat depression.)
- If you are taking any other medicine for depression.
- In children below 12 years of age.
Side effects of Nexito 20 MG
- Frequent urination
- Weight loss
- Decreased appetite
- stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Nexito 20 MG
Other General Warnings
- You are already taking any other medicine for depression.
- You are having any kind of kidney or liver disease.
- You have a heart condition called QT syndrome (A rare heart condition characterised by irregular heartbeats or fainting)
Mode of Action of Nexito 20 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Nexito 20 MG
- Nexito Tablet can be taken as a whole with or without food.
- Inform your doctor about all the other medications you are taking before starting Nexito Tablet.
- The dosage and duration of Nexito Tablet should be followed exactly as prescribed by your doctor.
- It is advisable to take medicine at a fixed time daily.
- Do not quit the medication without your doctor’s advice, even if you feel better after a certain number of doses.
Interactions of Nexito 20 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Linezolid- It is an antibiotic used to treat certain bacterial infections. If consumed with citalopram, it can cause a rare condition called serotonin syndrome.
- Diuretics- These medicines are used to lower sodium levels in the body when required. When consumed along with citalopram, it can bring the sodium levels to extremely lower levels and worsen the condition....
- Methylene Blue- It is used as a medicine to treat a certain blood condition where there are increased levels of methemoglobin in the blood. The combination of this medicine with citalopram can cause a rare condition called serotonin syndrome....
- Amphetamines- These are the medicines used to treat certain medical conditions and can be addictive. Taking citalopram along with amphetamines can increase the symptoms such as nervousness, anxiety, jitters, etc. ...
- Ketoconazole- It is a medication used to treat many fungal infections. Its combination with citalopram can cause irregular heart rhythm and can be life-threatening.