New Clid Gel 50gm
By BENNET PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
50g Gel in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
New Clid gel is topical antibiotic clindamycin indicated for the treatment of mild to moderate acne Vulgaris, especially inflammatory lesions. It belongs to the antibiotic class lincomycin.
|You Save||₹28.80 (18% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Clindamycin(1.0 %W/W),Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %W/W)|
|Uses||Ance Vulgaris, Inflammatory lesions|
|Side effects||Skin peeling or dryness, redness of skin, burning or itching sensation, New lesions or pimples|
Check more medicines with composition as Clindamycin(1.0 %W/W) + Vitamin B3 / Nicotinic Acid / Niacin(4.0 %W/W)
Uses of New Clid Gel 50gm
- Topical treatment of acne vulgaris
- Inflammatory lesion
Contraindications of New Clid Gel 50gm
Patients with a history of lincomycin hypersensitivity should not use New Clid gel. People who have or have had regional enteritis, ulcerative colitis, or antibiotic-associated colitis, or who have a history of these conditions (including pseudomembranous colitis)....
Side effects of New Clid Gel 50gm
- Skin peeling or dryness
- redness of skin
- burning or itching sensation
- New lesions or pimples
- Watery or bloody stools
- Cramps in the stomach
Precautions and Warnings of New Clid Gel 50gm
Can I apply New Clid gel during pregnancy?
In pregnant women treated with topical clindamycin gel, no well-controlled studies have been done. New Clid Gel should be used only if prescribed by a doctor.
Can I apply New Clid gel while breastfeeding?
There are no good studies in women to determine the harm to an infant if this medicine is used while breastfeeding. Before taking this drug during breastfeeding, please consult a doctor.
Can I drive if I have applied New Clid gel?
This medicine shows no effect on your driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with New Clid gel?
Clindamycin can safely be applied if you have consumed alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have allergy to clindamyicn
- You have skin allergies
Mode of Action of New Clid Gel 50gm
How Does It Work?
Clindamycin is a lincosamide antibiotic that has bacteriostatic properties against Gram-positive and anaerobic bacteria. Lincosamides, such as clindamycin, bind to the susceptible bacteria's 7 50S ribosomal subunit and impede peptide chain elongation by interfering with peptidyl transfer, hence decreasing protein synthesis. Clindamycin's activity is primarily bacteriostatic, while high dosages can be bactericidal over time in susceptible bacteria....
Directions for Use of New Clid Gel 50gm
- New Clid gel is solely for topical use.
- After gently washing with a mild cleanser and properly drying, apply New Clid gel in a thin film over the entire affected region once a day.
- If the gel does not easily rub into the skin, it has been applied too thickly.
- Hands should be cleansed after using the product. Patients can use a moisturiser if necessary.
- If extreme dryness or peeling occurs, application frequency should be reduced or discontinued temporarily. Efficacy has not been shown for dose frequencies other than once a day.
Interactions of New Clid Gel 50gm
Interactions with other medicines
- Due to the possibility of opposite action with the clindamycin component, New Clid should not be used in combination with erythromycin-containing medicines.
- Clindamycin has been demonstrated to have neuromuscular blocking qualities, which may help other neuromuscular blocking medicines work more effectively. As a result, New Clid gel should be taken with caution in patients who are taking these medications....
Storage and disposal of New Clid Gel 50gm
- Store at a temperature of no more than 25° C.
- Keep out of children's reach.
Dosage of New Clid Gel 50gm
- Excessive use of New Clid gel can cause serious skin irritation. In this case, stop using the product and wait for the skin to heal.
- Excessive topically administered clindamycin may result in systemic effects due to absorption of significant quantities.
- Accidental ingestion of New Clid gel may result in digestive problem side effects similar to those experienced with systemically given clindamycin. in such cases rush to a doctor.
Missed a Dose
If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If the next dose is approaching, skip the missing dose. Use your next dose at the same time every day. To catch up, do not increase the dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can you use moisturizer with New Clid gel?
A: Yes, moisturizer and cosmetics can be used after applying clindamycin gel and it will not hinder its effectiveness. Allow the gel to dry for five minutes, and use a non-comedogenic moisturiser (otherwise you would be defeating the purpose of the gel).
Q: Can I use New Clid gel twice a day?
A: It's commonly used twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. Follow doctor's instructions as regards dosage.
Q: Can I use New clid gel everyday?
A: Follow doctor's prescription regarding daily usage.
Q: How long does New Clid gel take to work?
A: After a day or two of taking clindamycin, you should notice an improvement in your symptoms. Follow up with your healthcare practitioner if your symptoms don't improve or seem to be getting worse after taking clindamycin for a few days.
- Drugs H. Clindamycin Topical: MedlinePlus Drug Information [Internet]. Medlineplus.gov. 2022 [cited 3 January 2022]. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/druginfo/meds/a609005.html
- CLINDOXYL ONCE DAILY GEL [Internet]. 2022 [cited 3 January 2022]. Available from: https://india-pharma.gsk.com/media/6361/clindoxyl-once-daily-gel.pdf
- Clindamycin (Topical Route) Before Using - Mayo Clinic [Internet]. Mayoclinic.org. 2022 [cited 3 January 2022]. Available from: https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/clindamycin-topical-route/before-using/drg-20063064
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.