Neukine 300mcg Pre Filled Syringe Of 1ml Solution For Injection
By INTAS PHARMACEUTICALS LTD
1ml Solution For Injection in Pre Filled Syringe
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neukine 300 MCG Description
Neukine 300mcg injection contains filgrastim as its active ingredient. It is used in patients who are undergoing treatment with chemotherapy to prevent infections. It will be given to you in a hospit
al or clinic by a doctor or nurse as an injection. You should avoid self-injecting. Before starting this medicine, inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or are breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements you take and all the conditions or diseases you suffer from.
|You Save||₹173.80 (15% on MRP)|
|Uses||Prevent infection after chemotherapy|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, hair loss|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR NEUTROPENIA|
Check more medicines with composition as Filgrastim(300.0 Mcg)
Uses of Neukine 300 MCG
Neukine 300mcg injection is used to increase the count of white blood cells in your body after chemotherapy treatment to decrease the chances of you having an infection.
Contraindications of Neukine 300 MCG
If you are allergic to filgrastim or any other ingredients of the Neukine 300mcg injection.
Side effects of Neukine 300 MCG
- Muscle and joint ache
- Hair loss
Precautions and Warnings of Neukine 300 MCG
Can I take the Neukine 300mcg injection during pregnancy?
Use of the Neukine 300mcg injection is not recommended during pregnancy, as there is limited information about its safety in pregnant women. When pregnancy is detected, inform your doctor immediately. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant before using it.
Can I take the Neukine 300mcg injection while breastfeeding?
It is unknown if Filgrastim passes into the breastmilk. Hence, do not breastfeed while taking the Neukine 300mcg injection.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Neukine 300mcg injection?
You may experience dizziness while on treatment with the Neukine 300mcg injection. Hence, be cautious while driving and using machines.
Can I consume alcohol with the Neukine 300mcg injection?
There is no known interaction between alcohol and the Neukine 300mcg injection. It is essential to consult your physician if you have a habit of regular drinking.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from sickle cell anaemia.
- You are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or are planning a pregnancy.
- You have a bone disease called osteoporosis (bones become weak and brittle).
- You develop any skin allergy (rash, swelling, itching, redness) during treatment with the Neukine 300mcg injection.
- You notice blood in your urine, dark-coloured urine or urinate less frequently or your face and ankles are puffed up during treatment with this medicine.
- You experience any pain in the stomach, pain below the ribs on the left side, pain in your left shoulder while on treatment.
- You have a fever, stomach pain, feel unwell, back pain, difficulty in breathing after administering the Neukine 300mcg injection.
- You have a Myeloid tumour (cancer of the blood and bone marrow).
- You have a condition called leucocytosis (excess of white blood cells in your blood).
- You bleed or bruise unusually while on treatment with Neukine 300mcg injection.
- During the treatment, your doctor will regularly get your blood tests done and monitor your condition.
Mode of Action of Neukine 300 MCG
How Does It Work?
Filgrastim in Neukine 300mcg injection works by boosting the production of white blood cells (neutrophils) from the bone marrow.
Directions for Use of Neukine 300 MCG
- Neukine 300mcg injection will be given to you in hospital by your doctor or nurse. Do not self-inject this medicine.
- Follow any instructions suggested by the doctor or nurse during the procedure or for aftercare.
Interactions of Neukine 300 MCG
Interactions with other medicines
- Neukine 300mcg injection may interact with other medicines. Discuss with your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbal preparations you are taking. Also, inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Concomitant use of this medicine is not recommended along with 5-Fluorouracil (used to treat cancer).
- Neukine 300mcg injection should neither be used a day before or a day after the chemotherapy treatment.
Storage and disposal of Neukine 300 MCG
- Store the Neukine 300mcg injection under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Neukine 300 MCG
Neukine 300mcg injection will be given to you by a doctor or nurse. Therefore, it is less likely that you may get an overdose of this medicine. If you experience any symptoms right after taking this injection, seek medical help....
Missed a Dose
You will be monitored by the doctor or nurse as to when the medicine should be given to you. It is unlikely that the dose will be missed. However, if you think your doctor or nurse might have missed a dose, inform them....
Dr. Nikita Toshi
BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Why can't I take the Neukine 300mcg injection by myself?
A: This medicine is to be taken by injection and is given into tissue just under the skin or into the vein. So, it is always advisable to get this injection from an experienced doctor or nurse. It also needs to observe the patient for some time after injection. So, Neukine 300mcg injection should not be self-administered.
Q: For how long will I have to be on treatment with the Neukine 300mcg injection?
A: You will have to continue treatment with the Neukine 300mcg injection until your WBC count is normal. Your doctor may regularly ask you to get your blood tests done to monitor your condition. You need to follow all the instructions given by your doctor.
Q: What is the use of the Neukine 300mcg injection?
A: Neukine 300mcg injection is used in chemotherapy patients to increase the white blood cell counts in your body, reducing the risk of infections.
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Neupogen 30 MU (0.3 mg/ml) solution for injection - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
- Neupogen 30 MU (0.3 mg/ml) solution for injection - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 29 July 2021]
Country of Origin
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed