Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
By GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMA
5g Ointment in Tube
Inclusive of all taxes
30 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Neosporin H Ointment 5gm Description
Neosporin H ointment is topical medicine. Neosporin H is used to treat various skin and eye conditions. It contains neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, hydrocortisone as the active ingredient. Neospor
in H should be used externally only. Apply this medicine as advised by your doctor for the prescribed duration. Wash your hands after applying this ointment. You should not use this ointment for any other condition. Do not use this ointment for both skin and eye conditions simultaneously. Inform your doctor about all the existing medical and medication conditions, before initiating the treatment with Neosporin H.
|You Save||₹21.39 (28% on MRP)|
|Contains||Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu) + Neomycin(3400.0 Iu) + Hydrocortisone(10.0 Mg) + Bacitracin(400.0 Iu)|
|Uses||Skin and eye infection|
|Side effects||Application site reaction|
|Therapy||TOPICAL ANTIBIOTIC AND STEROID|
Check more medicines with composition as Polymyxin B(5000.0 Iu) + Neomycin(3400.0 Iu) + Hydrocortisone(10.0 Mg) + Bacitracin(400.0 Iu)
Uses of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
- Neosporin H ointment is used to treat various skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, allergic condition, insect bite, etc.
- It is also used to treat various eye conditions.
Contraindications of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
- If you are allergic to neomycin, bacitracin, polymyxin B, hydrocortisone, or any other ingredient of Neosporin H ointment.
- If you have deafness due to nerve damage.
- If you have ear problems such as inflammation of the ear.
- If you have a viral infection of the eye.
- If you recently had surgery or have a planned surgery.
- If you have primary viral, tuberculous, bacterial or fungal infections of the skin.
- If you are below 2 years of age.
Side effects of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
Application site reactions such as redness, scaling, irritation, etc
Precautions and Warnings of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
Can I take Neosporin-H ointment during pregnancy?
Neosporin H ointment should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information available on its safety in pregnant women and its effect on growing foetuses.
Can I take Neosporin-H ointment while breastfeeding?
Neosporin H ointment should not be used by lactating mothers, as there is limited data available related to the safety of this medicine in lactating mothers and its effects on the breastfed infant.
Can I drive if I have consumed Neosporin-H ointment?
Neosporin H ointment is applied externally, so it does not affect the driving ability.
Can I consume alcohol with Neosporin-H ointment?
Although there is no known interaction of Neosporin H with alcohol, it is important to consult your doctor if you drink alcohol too often.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any changes in vision or have any know eye condition.
- You experience an allergic reaction, hearing loss or any other infection.
- You have kidney impairment.
- You experience diarrhoea after applying this medicine.
- Avoid smoking or being near the flame while you have applied this ointment.
- You accidentally apply this ointment to the eye.
- You have glaucoma or increased pressure within the eye.
- You should not use this ointment for more than 7 days without any improvement in clinical symptoms.
- You had recent eye surgery.
- Neosporin H ointment should not be used in children below 2 years of age.
Mode of Action of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
How Does It Work?
- Hydrocortisone is a steroid that attaches to steroid receptors present on cells, thus reducing inflammation, swelling and redness.
- Neomycin, bacitracin and polymyxin B are antibiotics, that works by stopping the growth of bacteria thereby killing the bacteria by damaging their structure and preventing the spread of infection.
Directions for Use of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
- Use this medicine as directed by your doctor.
- For external use only, apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this medicine unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
Interactions with other medicines
Since Neosporin H ointment is to be used externally on the skin it is less likely to interact with other medicines. However, you should always consult your doctor if you are taking other medicines for treating other health conditions....
Storage and disposal of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
- Store Neosporin H cream in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze it.
- Keep it out of reach and sight of children and pets.
Dosage of Neosporin H Ointment 5gm
As Neosporin H ointment is meant for external application cases of overdose are unlikely. However, upon accidental ingestion contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital. If you have applied extra quantities of it wipe out the excess of the medicine with tissue or cotton...
Missed a Dose
If you have missed applying Neosporin H ointment, apply it as soon as possible. Do not over apply this medicine just to compensate for the missed dose.
Dr. Mansi Savla
B. Pharm, PharmD
Dr. Ritu Budania
MBBS, MD (Pharmacology)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use cosmetic products in the affected area?
A: Try not to use any cosmetic product while using this ointment as it might irritate the skin. It might also affect the activity of the medication.
Q: Can I apply Neosporin H ointment for eye and skin infections?
A: Yes, Neosporin H ointment can be used to treat eye and skin infections. But, two separate tubes should be used to treat each individual condition. The same tube should not be used simultaneously for skin and eye infections.
Q: How long can I use Neosporin H ointment?
A: You need to continue using Neosporin H ointment for as long as the doctor has prescribed it. Follow your doctor's instructions and do not stop using it midway on your own. It may take a few days to weeks.
Expires on or After
Other Products from this Brand
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed