By RPG LIFE SCIENCES LTD
10 Capsule(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Myoflex Capsule is a muscle relaxant medicine. It contains thiocolchicoside as its active ingredient. Myoflex is used to treat neck pain, back pain and spine-related injury. Thiocolchicoside in Myoflex blocks the pain pathway by increasing the chemical level in the brain and thus, relaxes muscle contracture. It should be taken as directed by the doctor and in doses and duration as prescribed. Myoflex should be taken with food to avoid an upset stomach. This Capsule is not recommended for use in children below 16 years of age....
4 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Myoflex Capsule
Uses of Myoflex 4 MG
Myoflex Capsule is used for the treatment of back pain, spine-related disorders, neck pain or any traumatic disorder.
Contraindications of Myoflex 4 MG
- If you are allergic to thiocolchicoside or any other contents of Myoflex Capsule.
- If you are pregnant or a lactating mother.
- If you are planning a pregnancy and not using any contraceptives.
Side effects of Myoflex 4 MG
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Myoflex 4 MG
Can I take Myoflex Capsule during pregnancy?
No, Myoflex Capsule may pass into the blood of the baby and adversely affect your baby, it is advised to not use this medicine if you are pregnant or planning to have a baby. If you become pregnant, stop using this medicine and consult your doctor immediately.
Can I take Myoflex Capsule while breastfeeding?
Thiocolchicoside may pass into the breastmilk and adversely affect your baby, and hence you must consult your doctor before using Myoflex Capsule while breastfeeding your baby.
Can I drive if I have consumed Myoflex Capsule?
Myoflex Capsule may cause sleepiness, tiredness. Any of these side effects would reduce your ability to react, so do not drive or use machinery if you are taking this medicine.
Can I consume alcohol with Myoflex Capsule?
Chances of dizziness increase, if you take Myoflex Capsule with alcohol. Even alcohol adds to the side effects related to the liver with concomitant use of this medicine. So, avoid using this medicine with alcohol.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have fits.
- You have rare glucose or galactose malabsorption disease should not take this medicine.
- Myoflex Capsule are not suitable for children below 16 years of age.
- Do not take this medicine beyond the prescribed duration and prescribed dose without consulting your doctor.
Mode of Action of Myoflex 4 MG
How Does It Work?
Thiocolchicoside is a muscle-relaxing agent which acts at the spinal cord level where it blocks the pain pathway thereby decreasing the pain.
Directions for Use of Myoflex 4 MG
- Myoflex Capsule should be taken as directed by your doctor.
- Swallow it whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It should be taken with food.
- It would be best if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results.
- You should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Myoflex 4 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Myoflex Capsule works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- There are chances of liver toxicity if you take this medicine along with other pain killers like diclofenac, aceclofenac, paracetamol, so always consult your doctor before taking your medicines.
Storage and disposal of Myoflex 4 MG
- Store Myoflex Capsule below 30°C in the original packaging.
- Keep them out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after its expiry date.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste.
Dosage of Myoflex 4 MG
An overdose may increase the side effects of this medicine. If you think you have taken Myoflex Capsule more than that required, contact your doctor immediately.
Missed a Dose
If you have missed taking any dose of Myoflex Capsule, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I take Myoflex Capsule if I am taking Paracetamol for fever?
A: No, inform your doctor if you are taking paracetamol for fever along with Myoflex Capsule as there can be chances of liver toxicity when these two medicines are taken together.
Q: Is Myoflex Capsule is a steroid?
A: No, Myoflex Capsule is a muscle relaxant medicine that is used for painful muscular contractures like neck pain, lower back pain.
Q: Can the Myoflex Capsule be used for back pain?
A: Yes, the Myoflex Capsule can be used to provide relief from back pain.
A: Is Myoflex a painkiller?
A: Myoflex is not a general painkiller, it is used as a muscle relaxer. It relieves the pain and discomfort of acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions like rigidity, stress, stiffness, and muscle spasms.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.