Mupimet 2% Oint 5gm
Mupimet 2 % Description
Mupimet Ointment is a topical antibiotic used for the treatment of bacterial skin infections. It contains mupirocin as active ingredient. This Ointment works by inhibiting the growth and spread of in
fection causing bacteria. Mupimet Ointment is meant for external application only and should be applied as directed by the doctor.
Uses of Mupimet 2 %
Contraindications of Mupimet 2 %
Side effects of Mupimet 2 %
Precautions and Warnings of Mupimet 2 %
Other General Warnings
- You are applying Mupimet Ointment on a cut, open wounds, broken or damaged skin, or on a larger skin area.
- You are also applying other topical medicines (Ointment, Ointment, lotion, etc).
- Do not use this Ointment for a longer duration without proper medical guidance.
- Avoid getting any medicine into your eyes, nose, mouth. In case of such exposure, you should wash the affected part thoroughly with water.
Mode of Action of Mupimet 2 %
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mupimet 2 %
- Mupimet Ointment should be used as directed by your doctor.
- It is meant for external use only.
- Read the instructions on the label before use.
- Clean the affected area and let it dry.
- Apply it on a healthy skin surface free from cuts and wounds.
- Wash your hands before and after using this Ointment unless your hands are the area to be treated.
- In case your eyes come in contact with this medicine, rinse your eyes with clean water immediately.
Interactions of Mupimet 2 %
Interactions with other medicines
Storage and disposal of Mupimet 2 %
- Store Mupimet Ointment at room temperature in a cool and dry place.
- Protect it from direct sunlight, heat and moisture.
- Do not freeze
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Mupimet 2 %
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can Mupimet Ointment be used for fungal infections?
Q: Does Mupimet Ointment contain a steroid?
- CDSCO - Mupirocin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]
- Bactroban Ointment 2% - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 9 May 2022]