Mucomix 600mg Tablet
Mucomix 600 MG Description
Mucomix 600 tablet contains acetylcysteine, also known as mucolytic medicine (medicines that make the mucus less thick and sticky). It is used as adjuvant therapy in various respiratory diseases asso
iated with excessive mucous secretion. Lung and airway diseases such as bronchitis, shortness of breath (emphysema) and production of thick sticky mucous (cystic fibrosis) are usually related to excessive mucous secretion. Acetylcysteine present in the Mucomix tablet helps in loosening the thick mucous and makes it easier to cough it out. This medicine should not be taken if you are allergic to acetylcysteine. This medicine should not be used in children below 2 years of age. Take this medicine as advised by your treating doctor for the prescribed duration. Before starting the treatment with tab Muconix, inform your doctor about all the existing medical and medication history.
Uses of Mucomix 600 MG
Contraindications of Mucomix 600 MG
- If you are allergic to Acetylcysteine or any ingredients of the tablet Mucomix.
- Mucomix tablets should not be used in children below 14 years of age.
Side effects of Mucomix 600 MG
- Low blood pressure
- Ringing in the ears
Precautions and Warnings of Mucomix 600 MG
Other General Warnings
- You experience any difficulty in breathing, stop the medicine immediately.
- You have a history of ulcers and asthma.
- You experience any rashes or lesions on the skin or mucous membranes after taking this medicine.
- You have any history of intolerance to histamine, then you should avoid long term treatment.
- During the initial days of treatment, you may experience an increase in the secretions of the airways and lungs.
- You should contact your doctor in case you experience any discomfort.
Mode of Action of Mucomix 600 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mucomix 600 MG
- Take Mucomix tablet as advised by your doctor before or after your meals.
- Add the tablet in half glass of water and allow it to dissolve completely.
- Wait till the solution becomes clear. Stir and drink immediately.
Interactions of Mucomix 600 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mucomix tablet works or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Cough suppressants should not be used at the same time while using this medicine as it can alter the way this medicine works.
- Activated charcoal can reduce the action of this medicine. Concomitant use is not advised.
- Antibiotics should be taken with a minimum gap of 2 hours with a Mucomix tablet.
- Concomitant use of Glyceryl trinitrate a medicine used for heart-related disorders along with Mucomix tablets can cause low blood pressure.
Storage and disposal of Mucomix 600 MG
- Store it at room temperature away from moisture and sunlight.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.