Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
By PFIZER LTD
350ml Oral Gel in Bottle
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Mucaine gel mint sugar-free is an antacid and is used to relieve symptoms like acidity, heartburn, stomach pain, etc associated with stomach ulcers, acid reflux, etc. Mucaine gel contains a combinatio
n of Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide and Oxetacaine. It should be taken as suggested by the doctor or pharmacist. It should be preferably taken before meals. This gel should not be used in patients with severe kidney-related disorders. The safety and effectiveness of this gel in children have not been established. You may sometimes experience side effects like rash, constipation and diarrhoea while on treatment with Mucaine gel. Please report to your doctor if you notice the side effects persist or worsen....
Uses of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
Mucaine gel mint sugar-free is used to offer relief from pain and other symptoms like acidity, indigestion, stomach discomfort, heartburn, etc. caused due to stomach and intestine ulcers.
Contraindications of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
- If you are allergic to Mucaine gel or any of its ingredients.
- If you have any problems with your kidney.
- If you have severe stomach pain or constipation.
- If you are one an antibiotic medicine containing any form of tetracycline.
Side effects of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
Precautions and Warnings of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
Can I take Mucaine gel mint sugar-free during pregnancy?
Mucaine gel should not be used during pregnancy as there is limited information about its safety in human pregnancy. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication during pregnancy.
Can I take Mucaine cel mint sugar-free while breastfeeding?
Mucaine gel is not recommended for use during breastfeeding as there is limited safety information related to the use of breastfeeding mothers. It is important to consult the doctor before using any medication while breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed gel mint sugar-free?
Mucaine gel may make you dizzy and feel sleepy. You should avoid driving if you do not feel well or are unable to be alert.
Can I consume alcohol with Mucaine gel mint sugar-free?
Although there is no known interaction of Mucaine gel with alcohol, it can worsen the acidity, pain, and interfere with the healing process of ulcers. Hence, alcohol should be avoided.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You have constipation
- You have problems with your liver or kidney
- Your phosphate levels are decreasing, resulting in the softening of bones and unexplained fractures. The doctor may ask you to monitor your blood phosphate levels regularly.
- The safety and effectiveness of Mucaine gel in children have not been studied.
Mode of Action of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
How Does It Work?
- Mucaine gel contains Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide, and Oxetacaine.
- Aluminium hydroxide and magnesium hydroxide works by reacting with the acid present in the stomach and neutralize it, thereby reducing the acidity and heartburn.
- Oxetacaine acts like a local anaesthetic and provides relief from the pain associated with ulcers.
Directions for Use of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
- Take Mucaine gel mint flavour as directed by your doctor.
- You should take it at least 15 minutes before meals and at bedtime.
- Shake well before use.
- Read the instructions on the bottle before usage.
- Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Interactions of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
Interactions with other medicines
- Concomitant use of Mucaine gel with antibiotics like Oxytetracycline, Rifampicin, Ciprofloxacin, Cefdinir, and Tetracyclines interferes with the effect of these antibiotics.
- This gel interferes with effect vitamins or medicines like Ketoconazole (antifungal) when taken together.
- This gel reduces the effect of Chlorpromazine (used in psychiatric illness), Rosuvastatin (used to lower cholesterol), and antimalarial medicines like Hydroxychloroquine and Chloroquine when used together and thus should be used with caution....Read more
Storage and disposal of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
Store Mucaine oral gel below 25°C in a cool and dry place, protected from direct sunlight, moisture, and heat. Keep it away from children and pets. Do not use expired medicines. Discard any unused med
icine properly, do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain....
Dosage of Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 350ml
The overdose of Mucaine gel may result in symptoms like stomach pain, vomiting, and diarrhoea. If you experience any of the symptoms or in case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or visit
the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you miss any dose of Mucaine gel, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double
dose of this gel to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Can I use Mucaine gel mint sugar-free in children?
A: No, Mucaine gel mint sugar-free is not recommended for children as there is no safety information available.
Q: Is Mucaine gel sugar-free, and can diabetic patients use it?
A: Yes, Mucaine gel is sugar-free and can be used by diabetic patients, only if prescribed by the doctor.
Q: Can I use Mucaine mint flavour gel for mouth ulcers?
A: No, Mucaine gel cannot be used for mouth ulcers as it is meant to be used as an antacid for reducing acidity and heartburn due to ulcers in the stomach.
Q: What is Mucaine gel?
A: Mucaine gel mint sugar-free is an antacid containing a combination of Aluminium hydroxide, Magnesium hydroxide, and Oxetacaine and is used to provide relief from symptoms such as acidity, heartburn, stomach pain, etc. associated with stomach and intestine ulcers.
Q: How to take Mucaine gel mint sugar-free?
A: You should take Mucaine gel mint flavour as directed by your doctor. Read the instructions on the bottle before usage and shake well before using it. Take it at least 15 minutes before meals and at bedtime. Do not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Can I use Mucaine gel for constipation?
A: No, Mucaine gel is not effective for relieving constipation problems. Seek medical advice if you have constipation. Do not self medicate with any medicine.
Q: Does Mucaine gel act as a laxative?
A: No, laxatives are agents that increase your bowel movement, whereas Mucaine gel is an antacid. It works by neutralising the acid in your stomach.
Q: Is Mucaine gel good for throat infection?
A: No, Mucaine gel is an antacid medicine. It does not have any action against infections.
- Maalox 175mg/200mg Oral Suspension - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
- Maalox 175mg/200mg Oral Suspension [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
- Oxethazaine - HMIS Online [Internet]. Hmis.online. 2021 [cited 8 October 2021]
Other Products from this Brand
- Mucaine Gel Mint Sugar Free 200 Ml
- Mucaine Gel Orange Sugar Free 200 Ml
- Mucaine Gel American Ice Cream Soda Flavour Sugar Free 120 Ml
- Mucaine Orange Flavour Gel 200 Ml
- Mucaine Mint Flavour Gel 200 Ml
- Mucaine Mint Flavour Bottle Of 120 Ml Gel
- Mucaine Orange Flavour Gel 350 Ml
- Mucaine Bottle Of 350 Ml Gel
- Mucaine Gel Mint Tab
|You Save||₹43.39 (19% on MRP)|
|Best Offer||Use Code: 18SAVE & get 18% discount|
|Contains||Magnesium Hydroxide / Milk Of Magnesia(0.291 G),Aluminium Hydroxide(10.0 Mg),Oxetacaine / Oxethazaince(98.0 Mg)|
|Uses||Acidity, indigestion, stomach discomfort, heartburn|
|Side effects||Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, stomach pain, constipation|
Last Updated on: 11 Oct 2021 | 10:52 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved