Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
Moxitrac 500mg Capsules Description
Moxitrac 500mg Cap is an antibiotic medicine used to treat bacterial infections like infection of the lungs, airways, tonsils and throat, skin and urinary tract infections. It contains amoxicillin a
s an active ingredient. It stops the growth and multiplication of bacteria. Moxitrac 500mg Cap or other antibiotics should not be used when not sure if the infection is due to bacteria, unnecessary use of antibiotics can make it ineffective treatment. Complete the course as prescribed by the doctor or it may lead to relapse or return the infection.
Uses of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
- Moxitrac 500mg Cap is used to treat bacterial infections of the airway, lungs, skin, tonsils, throat and urinary tract.
- It used for the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhoea and for reducing the risk of an ulcer due to a bacteria called H. pylori.
Contraindications of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
- If you are allergic to amoxicillin or other components of this Moxitrac 500mg Cap .
- Having a history of allergic reactions to penicillins or cephalosporins. If you are not sure which are the medicines ask the doctor.
Side effects of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
- Skin rash
- Skin itching
Precautions and Warnings of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
Other General Warnings
- You may experience allergic symptoms after taking the medicine.
- If you have kidney disease then dose adjustments are required.
- People with kidney problems may experience fits or seizures.
- You are unable to urinate or may have difficulty urinating.
- You may have glandular fever, you may experience symptoms like fever, extreme tiredness, sore throat and swollen glands.
- You may experience watery or bloody diarrhoea, fever, even if this occurs days after stopping the medicine, immediately consult a doctor.
Mode of Action of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
- Moxitrac 500mg Cap should be taken as directed by the doctor.
- Take with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew it.
- Avoid overdose of the medicine.
Interactions of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Moxitrac 500mg Cap works, or the medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Inform the doctor of medicines, supplements, or herbals you are taking or might take to avoid possible interaction.
- Especially taking other anti-infective medicines, medicine for the treatment of gout and oral contraceptives.
Storage and disposal of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
- Store below 25°C at a cool and dry place.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Moxitrac 500mg Capsules
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is Moxitrac 500mg Cap safe to use in pregnancy?
Q: What is Moxitrac 500mg Cap prescribed for?
- Novamox Capsules [Internet]. CiplaMed. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- Amoxicillin 250 mg Capsules - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- DailyMed - AMOXICILLAN tablet [Internet]. Dailymed.nlm.nih.gov. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 12 June 2021]