Montefex Tablet Description
Montefex Tablet is an anti-allergic medicine. It is used for the management of symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as runny & stuffed nose, blockage in airways, sneezing, itching, watery eyes and othe
r allergic symptoms. Montefex Tablet is a combination of two medicines namely montelukast and fexofenadine. This Tablet works by blocking the production of chemicals responsible for the production of symptoms of allergy. It should be taken as instructed by the doctor for the exact duration and dose as prescribed.
Uses of Montefex Tablet
Contraindications of Montefex Tablet
Side effects of Montefex Tablet
Precautions and Warnings of Montefex Tablet
Other General Warnings
- You have any blood disorder, abnormal blood count and swelling of blood vessels.
- You have any heart-related disorder, joint disorder or muscle weakness.
- You are suffering from any brain-related problems like aggression, anxiety, depression, abnormal dreams, lack of sleep, irritation, restlessness or suicidal thoughts.
- You have known allergy to aspirin or other painkillers or you have acute asthma.
- You have kidney or liver function problem or you are an elderly patient.
- You are experiencing rapid heartbeats, palpitations and excessive sweating.
Mode of Action of Montefex Tablet
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Montefex Tablet
Interactions of Montefex Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Performance may be impared with decreased alertness, if medicines acting on the brain to produce calmness are taken along with Montefex.
- Concomitant use of antibiotics such as erythromycin or antifungal such as Ketoconazole can increase the levels of this medicine.
- Maintain a minimum gap of 2 hours between the administration of Montefex and antacid medicines containing aluminium and magnesium.
- Other medicines such as Phenobarbital, Phenytoin, Rifampin and Gemfibrozil should be used cautiously. Inform your doctor if you are taking any of these medicines.
- Montefex Tablets may interact with other medications and provide an altered response to the treatment. Please notify your doctor if you are undergoing any other treatments, over-the-counter medications (that you buy without a prescription) and herbal preparations. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
Interactions with food items
Storage and disposal of Montefex Tablet
- Store Montefex Tablets at room temperature, away from light and moisture.
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets.
- Discard any unused medicine properly Do not flush in the toilet or throw it into the drain.