Modalert 100mg Tablet
Modalert 100 MG Description
Modalert tablets are used for treating Narcolepsy (excessive daytime sleepiness). It helps you stay awake during the day, restore normal sleep patterns, and reduce the tendency to fall asleep during
daytime or working hours. The medication is also used for treating a few other sleep-related conditions like sleep paralysis, hallucinations, etc. Modalert is a wakefulness-promoting drug (Analeptic drug) composed of Modafinil 100 mg. The tablets work by altering the activity of chemical messengers in the brain. These substances stimulate the brain to stay awake and regulate the sleep cycle. There are common side effects to this drug like headaches, nausea, anxiety, difficulty sleeping, etc. It is better to take Modalert tablets at the same time every day to maintain its levels in the body. Modalert is a prescription drug. There is a potential to misuse or abuse this drug. Studies have shown that it can produce euphoria and psychoactive effects and feelings when used with other stimulants. So, the dose of this should be carefully monitored. Use it in the exact way the doctor suggested. Studies did not show any withdrawal effects when stopped using this, but the excessive sleepiness returned.
|You Save||₹50.22 (27% on MRP)|
|Uses||Narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea|
|Side effects||Headache, nausea, nervousness, anxiety, dizziness, indigestion, diarrhoea, back pain, runny nose, headache, loss of appetite, insomnia, painful menstrual period, anxiousness, suicidal thoughts, hallucinations, depression, aggression, palpitation.|
|Therapy||DRUGS FOR NARCOLEPSY|
Uses of Modalert 100 MG
- Narcolepsy: Uncontrollable sleepiness in the daytime
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea: A sleeping disorder where breathing stops for a short duration while sleeping.
- Shift work sleep disorder: Excessive sleepiness in people whose work schedules change often
Contraindications of Modalert 100 MG
- If you have many psychotic or mental conditions, such as manic disorder, bipolar disorder, aggressive behaviour etc.
- If you have an allergic reaction to any component of the Modalert tablet.
- If you have been diagnosed with depression.
- If you have any self-harming or suicidal thoughts.
- If you have any previous addiction behaviour to alcohol or drugs.
- If you have a serious heart condition like heart attack, angina, mitral valve prolapse, or left ventricular hypertrophy.
- If you have severe liver and renal disorder.
- If you are pregnant.
- If you have high blood pressure.
Side effects of Modalert 100 MG
- Common side effects of Modalert 100 mg tablet are:
- Back pain
- Runny nose
- Loss of appetite
- Sleeplessness or Insomnia
- Painful menstrual period
- Feeling anxious
- Serious side effects:
- Suicidal thoughts
- Aggressive behaviour
- Extreme increase in activity and talking
- Abnormal heartbeat
- Trouble breathing
- Low white blood count
- Disclaimer: The common side effects mostly do not need any medical intervention. They disappear once you have habituated to the medicine dose. If you experience these side effects long term or have any serious side effects, seek medical treatment immediately....
Precautions and Warnings of Modalert 100 MG
Other General Warnings
- If you are using any other medication, give your complete medical history to your doctor before taking this.
- If you are using any Ayurvedic or herbal medicines and supplements, they may interfere with the functioning of Modalert tablets.
Mode of Action of Modalert 100 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Modalert 100 MG
- Take the Modalert tablet exactly as prescribed by the doctor.
- Do not exceed the dosage, even if you cannot feel its effects.
- You can take it with or without consuming the food.
- Take it only in the morning.
- Take the tablet as a whole with a glass of water.
- Do not break the tablet into pieces or chew it.
- Do not take it with other medications without informing your doctor.
- Do not take if the package has been opened.
Interactions of Modalert 100 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Oral contraceptives: Modalert tablets can decrease in effectiveness if using steroidal contraceptives.
- Cyclosporine, Midazolam and Triazolam: If you are using drugs like these with Modalert tablets, the Modalert dosage should be adjusted, as the drugs can stay in the body for a longer duration and cause unwanted effects....
- Blood thinners: If you are using blood thinners with a Modalert tablet, prothrombin time/ INR (a test) should be done frequently to monitor the effects.
- Anti-depressants: If you are using antidepressants or other related drugs, do not take Modalert with them.
Interactions with food items
- Interactions with alcohol.
- Do not take the Modalert tablet with alcohol. It can interfere with the effects of the drug and increase the severity of side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, mood disorders, etc.