Mitotax 250mg Injection
Mitotax 250 MG Description
Mitotax Infusion is an anti-cancer medication containing paclitaxel as its main component. It is used in the treatment of ovarian cancer, lung cancer (non-small cell lung cancer) and breast cancer. T
his medicine will be given to you in a hospital or clinic by a doctor or nurse. You should avoid self-injecting.
Uses of Mitotax 250 MG
Contraindications of Mitotax 250 MG
Side effects of Mitotax 250 MG
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, constipation
- Fatigue, loss of appetite, weakness
- Headache, dizziness, chills, fever, cough
- Pain in joints & muscles
- Skin rash, hair loss
- Sleep problems, weight loss
- Low blood platelets, anaemia, low WBCs
Precautions and Warnings of Mitotax 250 MG
- Mitotax Infusion should not be used during pregnancy & in women not using effective contraception, unless your doctor considers it absolutely essential after assessing the benefits over risks.
- Use effective contraception during treatment & for about 6 months after stopping the treatment.
Other General Warnings
- You had or still have problems with your heart, liver or kidneys
- You notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding or develop any signs of infection while on treatment
- You experience muscle weakness, numbness, pricking sensation, tingling, have difficulty in breathing, dry cough
- This medicine is not recommended for use in patients below 18 years of age
Mode of Action of Mitotax 250 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Mitotax 250 MG
Interactions of Mitotax 250 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Mitotax Infusion works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction. Also, you should inform your doctor if you have a planned surgery or vaccination scheduled....
- Especially if you are taking medicine to treat infections, psychiatric illnesses, fits, stomach ulcers, blood cholesterol levels, HIV infection or are taking blood thinning medications.
Storage and disposal of Mitotax 250 MG
- Store Mitotax Infusion under the conditions mentioned on the pack.
- Keep it away from children and pets.
Dosage of Mitotax 250 MG
Missed a Dose
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: What is the composition of Mitotax Infusion?
Q: What is the use of Mitotax Infusion?
- CDSCO [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]
- Abraxane 5 mg/ml powder for dispersion for infusion - Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2022 [cited 14 June 2022]