Milixim O Tab
By GLENMARK PHARMACEUTICALS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
15 days return policyRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
The Milixim-O tablet is used to treat typhoid fever and urinary tract infection in adults. It is an antibiotic medicine. It is a combination medicine containing cefixime and ofloxacin. It works by inh
ibiting the growth of causative organisms. Take the Milixim-O in the prescribed dose and for the prescribed duration and never miss or skip a dose. Do not stop taking this medicine suddenly, as it can result in treatment failure and increase the risk of reinfection. You can take this medicine with or without food. The Milixim-O tablet should not be taken by children below 18 years of age. Inform your doctor if you have any medical conditions and are on any other medications....
Uses of Milixim O Tab
The Milixim-O tablet is used in adults for the treatment of typhoid fever and urinary tract infections in adults.
Contraindications of Milixim O Tab
- If you are allergic to cefixime, ofloxacin, cephalosporins like cefuroxime, fluoroquinolones like ciprofloxacin or any other ingredients of Milixim-O tablet.
- If you have a history of fits or any brain-related disorders.
- If you have a history of tendon disorder.
- If you have a family history of red blood cell disorder (defects in glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase activity).
- If you are pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Side effects of Milixim O Tab
- Stomach pain
Precautions and Warnings of Milixim O Tab
Can I take the Milixim-O tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of the Milixim-O tablet during pregnancy. Thus, always consult your doctor before taking any medicine during pregnancy.
Can I take the Milixim-O tablet while breastfeeding?
There is limited information about the effect of the Milixim-O tablet on breastfeeding. Thus, always consult your doctor before taking any medicine during breastfeeding.
Can I drive if I have consumed the Milixim-O tablet?
Milixim-O tablet may make you feel confused, stiff, less alert and can cause unusual muscle movements. Thus, it is advisable not to drive until you know how this medicine affects your body.
Can I consume alcohol with the Milixim-O tablet?
It is advisable to avoid the consumption of alcohol during the treatment with the Milixim-O tablet as it may worsen the side effects of this medicine.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience allergic reactions including serious skin allergies in different body parts (fluid-filled blisters, bumps, rashes and skin degradation).
- You have diarrhoea, cramps, pain and fever after taking this medicine.
- You have a kidney problem and you are on dialysis.
- You have blood disorders like anaemia and inherited blood disorder (G6PD deficiency).
- You have problems related to the liver and kidney and you are taking medicine to prevent blood clotting.
- You have a history of tendonitis (inflammation of the tissue which connects muscles to the bone) after taking antibiotics or myasthenia gravis.
- You are experiencing fits, difficulty in movement, confusion, other mental disorders (Psychosis).
- You are experiencing pain, a pins-and-needles sensation, numbness and weakness in various body parts.
- You experience suicidal thoughts. Immediately contact your doctor.
- You are experiencing irregular heartbeats, have low potassium levels or have had heart disease.
- You are diabetic taking medicines. Close monitoring of blood glucose may be needed.
- You are experiencing vision disturbances.
- Milixim-O tablets should not be given to children or growing adolescents.
Mode of Action of Milixim O Tab
How Does It Work?
- Milixim O tablet works by the combined action of both its components - ofloxacin and cefixime.
- Cefixime works by inhibiting the formation of the bacterial cell wall, an essential component of bacteria to survive within the human body.
- Ofloxacin works by inhibiting the multiplication of the bacteria, stopping the growth.
Directions for Use of Milixim O Tab
Milixim-O tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole with a glass of water, do not cut, break or chew the medicine. It can be taken with or without food. It would be best
if you took it at a fixed time for optimal results and should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor. Complete the course of this medicine as prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Milixim O Tab
Interactions with other medicines
- Milixim-O tablet should be taken at least two hours before taking the acidity medicines, any preparations containing zinc and iron and certain anti-HIV drugs like Didanosine.
- The risk of getting fits increase if you are taking medicines to treat asthma-like theophylline, to reduce inflammation (Ibuprofen).
- Should be used with caution if you are taking medicines that can alter your heart rhythms like Quinidine, Hydroquinidine, Disopyramide, antidepressants like Clomipramine, Amitriptyline, antibiotics like Erythromycin, Clarithromycin and Azithromycin....Read more
- You may experience low blood sugar if you are taking any medicines for diabetes like Glibenclamide.
- This medicine interferes with the working of blood-thinning medicines like Warfarin.
- You may experience a tendon rupture if you are taking any medicines used to treat inflammation and pain (corticosteroids) like betamethasone, prednisone.
- Discuss with your doctor about any other medicines, herbal preparations and supplements you are taking currently to avoid any possible interactions.
Storage and disposal of Milixim O Tab
- Store the Milixim-O tablet below 25°C in a cool and dry place.
- Keep the medicine out of the reach of children and pets.
Dosage of Milixim O Tab
An excess of the Milixim-O tablet can cause confusion, dizziness, altered consciousness, fits, irregular heartbeats, nausea, confusion. In the case of an overdose, contact your doctor immediately or v
isit your nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
- If you have missed taking any dose of the Milixim-O tablet, take it as soon as you remember.
- If it's time for your next dose, then skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule.
- Do not take a double dose of this medicine to compensate for the missed one.
- It is advisable not to miss any dose of antibiotics as it can result in a failure of therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long do I need to take the Milixim-O tablet?
- You need to complete the full course of this medicine, as per your doctor's prescribed duration.
- You may feel fine after a few doses but it is important to complete the course.
- If you stop it early, there may be chances of infection reoccurring or not responding to this antibiotic in the future.
Q: Are there any specific cautions needed when taking the Milixim-O tablet?
A: When on treatment, be careful and do not unnecessarily expose yourself to the sunrays. It can result in sunburns and rashes. Ensure even after stopping the treatment, you are not exposed to too much sun for the next 48 hours.
Q: Can the Milixim-O tablet cause diarrhoea?
A: Yes, the use of the Milixim-O tablet can cause diarrhoea along with the desired effect, but not everyone gets them. It is an antibiotic that kills both good and bad bacteria, when good bacteria present in the intestine gets killed it can cause diarrhoea. If you are experiencing severe diarrhoea, talk to your doctor about it.
Q: Can I stop taking the Milixim-O tablet when I feel better?
A: No, do not stop taking the Milixim-O tablet before the prescribed duration. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. You should complete the full course of treatment else there are chances of recurrence of infection.
- OMNIX O Tablets (Cefixime + Ofloxacin) [Internet]. Ciplamed.com. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Ofloxacin 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- Suprax 200 mg Tablets - Summary of Product Characteristics (SmPC) - (emc) [Internet]. Medicines.org.uk. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
- CDSCO - Cefixime + Ofloxacin [Internet]. Cdscoonline.gov.in. 2021 [cited 19 July 2021]
Last Updated on: 21 Jul 2021 | 02:41 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved