Microcef Dt 200mg Tablet
By MICRO LABS
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
Non ReturnableRead More
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Microcef Dt Tablet contains cefpodoxime as its active ingredient. It is an antibiotic medicine. Microcef Dt Tablet is used to treat various types of bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, lungs, urinary tract, stomach and reproductive tract. Cefpodoxime inhibits the formation of the cell wall and kill the various susceptible bacterial organisms. Take this medicine as prescribed and for the prescribed duration. Always complete the course of the treatment, as incomplete treatment may result in treatment failure. Inform your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding and about all the medicines and supplements your take and all the conditions or diseases you have before starting this medicine....
10 Brand Alternate(s)
Contains same composition as Microcef Dt 200mg Tablet
Uses of Microcef Dt 200 MG
Microcef Dt Tablet is used for the treatment of bacterial infection caused by various susceptible bacterial organisms mainly of the ear, nose, urinary tract, throat, chest and lungs.
Contraindications of Microcef Dt 200 MG
- If you are allergic to cefpodoxime or any of the other ingredients of Microcef Dt Tablet.
- If you have a history of severe allergy (hypersensitivity) reaction to penicillin or other beta-lactam antibiotics.
Side effects of Microcef Dt 200 MG
- Stomach pain
- Chest pain
- Fungal infection
- Feeling tired
Precautions and Warnings of Microcef Dt 200 MG
Can I take Microcef Dt Tablet during pregnancy?
There is limited information about the effect of Microcef Dt Tablet on pregnancy. Thus it should be used only if prescribed by the doctor after assessing the benefit and need.
Can I take Microcef Dt Tablet while breastfeeding?
- There is limited information about the effect of Microcef Dt Tablet on breastfeeding. It is advised to discontinue nursing temporarily if you are treated with this medicine. If you are taking this medicine while breastfeeding, please watch for diarrhoea in your baby...
Can I drive if I have consumed Microcef Dt Tablet?
Microcef Dt Tablet can cause confusion, altered consciousness, feeling less alert, fits, if you experience any of these, don’t drive or use machinery.
Can I consume alcohol with Microcef Dt Tablet?
Alcohol should be avoided along with Microcef Dt Tablet as it can worsen the side effects such as sweating, headache, increased heartbeat, redness of the skin.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You experience any severe allergic reactions after taking this medicine.
- You develop watery and bloody diarrhoea.
- You have had an allergy to medicines called cephalosporins or penicillins.
- You are on any other antibiotics
- You have any kidney disorders.
- You have a history of gastrointestinal disease.
Mode of Action of Microcef Dt 200 MG
How Does It Work?
Cefpodoxime controls the growth of bacteria and kills them by inhibiting the synthesis of the bacterial cell wall.
Directions for Use of Microcef Dt 200 MG
Microcef Dt Tablet should be taken as directed by your doctor. Swallow it whole with a glass of water. It would be best if you take it at a fixed time for optimal results and you should not consume it more than that prescribed by your doctor....
Interactions of Microcef Dt 200 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Some medicines can affect the way Microcef Dt Tablet works, or this medicine itself can reduce the effectiveness of other medicines taken at the same time.
- Tell your doctor about all the medicines, supplements, or herbals you are currently taking or might take to avoid any possible interaction.
- Especially if you are taking medicines to treat high blood pressure, heart failure, high/abnormal cholesterol levels, blood thinners, anti-infectives, anti-diabetics, anti-asthmatics, pain killers, immunomodulatory medicines or medicines for the brain-related disorder....
Storage and disposal of Microcef Dt 200 MG
- Store Microcef Dt Tablet at or below 25°C.
- Protect from light and moisture.
- Keep out of the reach of children and pet.
Dosage of Microcef Dt 200 MG
Seek emergency medical care if you think you have taken too much of Microcef Dt Tablet. Overdose symptoms may include stomach pain, diarrhoea, headache, nausea, and vomiting.
Missed a Dose
It is advisable not to miss any doses of antibiotic. If you missed any dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and follow the regular dosing schedule. Do not take a double dose of medicine to compensate for the missed dose....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: I have flu and running nose, can I take Microcef Dt Tablet?
- No, you should not self-medicate yourself with Microcef Dt Tablet
- This medicine is a higher antibiotic meant for severe infections and your doctor will prescribe you the same only if it is essential
- This medication is not for viral infections, and generally, flu occurs due to viruses
Q: Can I stop taking Microcef Dt Tablet before the prescribed duration?
A: No, finish the full course of the treatment even if you feel better. Though you start feeling better, there is still infection-causing bacteria present in the body, which can make the infection return in a few days. Also, when one does not complete the course, these few bacteria later become resistant to these antibiotics and cause severe infections, which are difficult to treat. Hence, always finish the course of antibiotics as prescribed by your doctor.
Q: Is Microcef Dt Tablet safe and effective?
A: Microcef Dt Tablet is safe and effective if you take it at the dose and duration advised by your doctor. If you stop taking this tablet once you start feeling good, the chance of recurrence of the infection increases, while an overdose of this medicine can lead to serious health consequences.
Expires on or After
The information provided herein is supplied to the best of our abilities to make it accurate and reliable as it is published after a review by a team of professionals. This information is solely intended to provide a general overview on the product and must be used for informational purposes only. You should not use the information provided herein to diagnose, prevent, or cure a health problem. Nothing contained on this page is intended to create a doctor-patient relationship, replace or be a substitute for a registered medical practitioner's medical treatment/advice or consultation. The absence of any information or warning to any medicine shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance. We highly recommend that you consult your registered medical practitioner for all queries or doubts related to your medical condition. You hereby agree that you shall not make any health or medical-related decision based in whole or in part on anything contained in the Site. Please click here for detailed T&C.