Metro 400mg Tablet
By TORQUE PHARMACEUTICALS PVT LTD
10 Tablet(s) in Strip
Inclusive of all taxes
All the Products are packed and stored Safely
Metro 400mg tablet contains Metronidazole an anti-infective medicine used against various bacteria and parasites. It works by inhibiting the growth of an infection-causing organism. Metro 400mg tablet
is used for the treatment of infection of various parts of the body caused by amoeba, trichomonas and giardia. You should complete the course of Metro 400mg tablet for an effective treatment. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you feel better. If you stop your treatment early, the infection could come back....
Uses of Metro 400mg Tablet
- Treatment of diarrhoea or dysentery due to parasitic infections such as amoebiasis.
- Treatment of sexually transmitted infections such as urogenital trichomoniasis or giardiasis.
- Treatment of infections in gums, teeth and skin due to various infective microorganisms.
Contraindications of Metro 400mg Tablet
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant (first trimester) or if you have a bacterial infection in the vagina.
- If you are breastfeeding, discontinue breast-feeding until 12 – 24 hours after treatment.
Side effects of Metro 400mg Tablet
- Abdominal cramps
- Eating disorder
- Unpleasant taste
- Pain or stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Metro 400mg Tablet
Can I take Metro 400mg tablet during pregnancy?
Metro 400mg tablet should not be used during pregnancy, especially in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy. However, the doctor may prescribe you with this medicine after assessing the benefit of the treatment over risk to the baby.
Can I take Metro 400mg tablet while breastfeeding?
It is advised not to breastfeed during the treatment with Metro 400mg tablet for at least a day after the treatment has been discontinued.
Can I drive if I have consumed Metro 400mg tablet?
You may feel dizzy, drowsy, confusion, hallucination, visual disturbance or sometimes fits. So, it is advised to be cautious while driving or operating machines.
Can I consume alcohol with Metro 400mg tablet?
- The consumption of alcohol along with Metro 400mg tablet can lead to the chances of a disulfiram-like reaction.
- You may feel low blood pressure, hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and sometimes giddiness. It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
- You should not be consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least 48 hours after the treatment with Metro 400mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
Talk to your doctor if
- You are suffering from blood disorders like blood-fluid imbalance.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy as caution is advised to such patients.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 10 days as regular clinical and laboratory monitoring is advised.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience another infection after taking this medicine.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations such as pins and needles).
- You have kidney disease or you are on dialysis.
- You have Cockayne syndrome (growth retardation, impaired development of the brain and sensitivity to sunlight).
- You have a liver problems, frequent monitoring of liver function is required.
- You are an alcoholic, as you are not supposed to consume alcohol during the treatment and from at least 48 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
Mode of Action of Metro 400mg Tablet
How Does It Work?
Metro 400mg tablet tablet acts by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites which are responsible for infection by interrupting the DNA and causing the DNA strands to break.
Directions for Use of Metro 400mg Tablet
- Take Metro 400mg tablet as instructed by your doctor
- It should be swallowed with water during or after meals
Interactions of Metro 400mg Tablet
Interactions with other medicines
- Metro 400mg tablet, when taken along with Lithium which is used to treat psychiatric disorders can cause kidney damage. Concomitant use of disulfiram which is used to treat alcohol addiction can causemental disorders like hallucinations, etc....Read more
- Concomitant use of this medicine can reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives. Thus, a physical barrier should be used for effective contraception.
- Be cautious if you are taking immunosuppressants like Calong with Metro 400mg tablet as it can increase the levels of ciclosporin in the body.
- Concomitant use of Metro 400mg tablet with anticoagulants like Warfarin may potentiate the anticoagulant effects.
- Other medicines which may affect the activity of Metro 400mg Tablet tablet are Fluorouracil, antacids like Cimetidine, Fluorouracil to treat cancer, Phenytoin or Primidone to treat fits or epilepsy.
Storage and disposal of Metro 400mg Tablet
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets
Dosage of Metro 400mg Tablet
The symptoms of an overdose of Metro 400mg tablet include nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea, weight loss, disturbance in taste, headache, dizziness, drowsiness and lack of sleep. If you think you have taken
too much of this medicine, contact your doctor immediately or visit the nearest hospital....
Missed a Dose
If you missed any dose of this medicine, take it as soon as you remember. If it's time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dose schedule. Do not take a double dose
of medicine to compensate for the missed one....
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: For how long should I take Metro 400mg tablet?
A: It is advised to follow the prescribed dosage duration. Prolonged use of this medicine may enhance the side effects like nerve damage.
Q: Can I take Metro 400mg tablet on an empty stomach?
A: No, you should take this medicine with or after eating food.
Q: Is it safe to take Metro 400mg tablet during pregnancy?
A: No, you should not take this medicine during pregnancy.
Q: Can I drink alcohol after taking or during the treatment with Metro 400mg tablet?
A: No, you should not drink alcohol while on treatment with this medicine and at least for 48hrs after finishing the course of this medicine.
Q: What happens if I keep on taking Metro 400mg tablet?
A: Metro 400mg tablet is an antibiotic medicine. If you keep on taking it for a prolonged duration, it can cause harm to the useful bacteria of your gut and puts you at the risk of other ailments.
Last Updated on: 31 Oct 2020 | 03:29 PM (IST)
The information provided herein is accurate, updated and complete as per the best practices of the Company. Please note that this information should not be treated as a replacement for physical medical consultation or advice. We do not guarantee the accuracy and the completeness of the information so provided. The absence of any information and/or warning to any drug shall not be considered and assumed as an implied assurance of the Company. We do not take any responsibility for the consequences arising out of the aforementioned information and strongly recommend you for a physical consultation in case of any queries or doubts. Please click here for detailed T&C.
Please add item(s) to proceed
Offers Just for you
Flat 20% off + 20% cashback on your 1st medicine order
Get FLAT ₹150 instant discount via select ICICI debit and credit cards.
1 Lakh+ Products
We maintain strict quality controls on all our partner retailers, so that you always get standard quality products.
100% secure and trusted payment protection
We have a new and dynamic return window policy for medicines and healthcare items. Refer FAQs section for more details.
Our Payment Partners
© 2021 PharmEasy. All Rights Reserved