Metro 400mg Tablet
Metro 400 MG Description
Metro 400mg tablet contains Metronidazole an anti-infective medicine used against various bacteria and parasites. It works by inhibiting the growth of an infection-causing organism. Metro 400mg table
t is used for the treatment of infection of various parts of the body caused by amoeba, trichomonas and giardia. You should complete the course of Metro 400mg tablet for an effective treatment. Do not stop taking this medicine even if you feel better. If you stop your treatment early, the infection could come back.
- Metrogyl 400mg Strip Of 15 TabletsBy J B Chemicals And Pharmaceuticals15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.85₹ 23.8547% CHEAPER₹ 1.59/Tablet
- Flagyl 400mg TabletBy Abbott Healthcare Pvt Ltd15 Tablet(s) in StripMRP 23.74₹ 20.1854% CHEAPER₹ 1.35/Tablet
Uses of Metro 400 MG
- Treatment of diarrhoea or dysentery due to parasitic infections such as amoebiasis.
- Treatment of sexually transmitted infections such as urogenital trichomoniasis or giardiasis.
- Treatment of infections in gums, teeth and skin due to various infective microorganisms.
Contraindications of Metro 400 MG
- If you are allergic to Metronidazole or any of the ingredients of this medicine.
- If you are pregnant (first trimester) or if you have a bacterial infection in the vagina.
- If you are breastfeeding, discontinue breast-feeding until 12 – 24 hours after treatment.
Side effects of Metro 400 MG
- Abdominal cramps
- Eating disorder
- Unpleasant taste
- Pain or stomach discomfort
Precautions and Warnings of Metro 400 MG
- The consumption of alcohol along with Metro 400mg tablet can lead to the chances of a disulfiram-like reaction.
- You may feel low blood pressure, hot flushes, nausea, shortness of breath and sometimes giddiness. It is advised to avoid alcohol consumption during the treatment.
- You should not be consuming alcohol during the treatment and at least 48 hours after the treatment with Metro 400mg tablet.
Other General Warnings
- You are suffering from blood disorders like blood-fluid imbalance.
- You had or have a history of fits or epilepsy as caution is advised to such patients.
- You are taking this medicine for more than 10 days as regular clinical and laboratory monitoring is advised.
- You are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- You experience another infection after taking this medicine.
- You have peripheral neuropathy (abnormal, painful sensations such as pins and needles).
- You have kidney disease or you are on dialysis.
- You have Cockayne syndrome (growth retardation, impaired development of the brain and sensitivity to sunlight).
- You have a liver problems, frequent monitoring of liver function is required.
- You are an alcoholic, as you are not supposed to consume alcohol during the treatment and from at least 48 hours of discontinuation of the treatment.
Mode of Action of Metro 400 MG
How Does It Work?
Directions for Use of Metro 400 MG
- Take Metro 400mg tablet as instructed by your doctor
- It should be swallowed with water during or after meals
Interactions of Metro 400 MG
Interactions with other medicines
- Metro 400mg tablet, when taken along with Lithium which is used to treat psychiatric disorders can cause kidney damage. Concomitant use of disulfiram which is used to treat alcohol addiction can cause mental disorders like hallucinations, etc....
- Concomitant use of this medicine can reduce the efficacy of oral contraceptives. Thus, a physical barrier should be used for effective contraception.
- Be cautious if you are taking immunosuppressants like Calong with Metro 400mg tablet as it can increase the levels of ciclosporin in the body.
- Concomitant use of Metro 400mg tablet with anticoagulants like Warfarin may potentiate the anticoagulant effects.
- Other medicines which may affect the activity of Metro 400mg Tablet tablet are Fluorouracil, antacids like Cimetidine, Fluorouracil to treat cancer, Phenytoin or Primidone to treat fits or epilepsy.
Storage and disposal of Metro 400 MG
- Store in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
- Keep it out of the reach of children and pets